Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Nyarlko can you check the JP patch note text and see if you notice some difference for Boost, Focus and Doge in the JP text?
    For instance the 60 seconds reported in the EN text is strange, the duration of those JAs used to be 120 not 60.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The new NPC just flat out tells you the password you need.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Nyarlko can you check the JP patch note text and see if you notice some difference for Boost, Focus and Doge in the JP text?
    For instance the 60 seconds reported in the EN text is strange, the duration of those JAs used to be 120 not 60.
    All translations are correct, I'd wager that the reduced recast is supposed to make up for the lower duration.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

boost and dodge add 100 acc, eva respectively at 119. unknown crit rate and guard rate for now. Boost took melee swing from 300-400ish to 2038-2389 with 255 str and comeuppances vs raaz in kamir, and around 4k with crit. Seemed to have no affect on victory smite, might be bugged or just not noticeable with it. Boosts weapon delay is a huge 10 seconds with or without a weapon equipped. Actually seems pretty detrimental to stack with WS since the delay is so huge with it.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm not arguing the fact they reduced TO 30 seconds duration.
    I was kinda talking about the fact they mention reducing it FROM 60 seconds duration, whereas the old duration used to be 120 and not 60.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    boost and dodge add 100 acc, eva respectively at 119
    119? So 119 gives better numbers than 99?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hmm nope just seems to be 100 at 99+

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm not arguing the fact they reduced TO 30 seconds duration.
    I was kinda talking about the fact they mention reducing it FROM 60 seconds duration, whereas the old duration used to be 120 and not 60.
    120 is precisely what both texts say, not sure where you're getting 60 seconds duration from.

Campaign
    BG Level

They edited the post! It used to say from 60 to 30 earlier.
    Someone copypasted before they fixed their text here
    I can confirm it's exactely what I read before they fixed it.

Well I guess that fix takes care of that doubt then!

Old Merits
    BG Level

They edited the post! It used to say from 60 to 30 earlier.
    Someone copypasted before they fixed their text here
    I can confirm it's exactely what I read before they fixed it.

Well I guess that fix takes care of that doubt then!
    Ah, that clears that up. At least they were quick to fix that one.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The new weapons may need Rune Weapons from the Strange Apparatuses, so they made them easier to get weapons from? IDK. Strange Apparatuses are about the most random thing to update.

Campaign
    BG Level

Someone was hinting that Strange Apparatus may be used for

1) Incoming Vana'diel "remember the past!" campaign objectives
    2) The september incoming new event

They could be right. Would make sense if it were for one of those 2 reasons or similar ones.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is actually a pretty good monk buff.

I am deactivated at the moment, but it will be interesting to see the testing on Boost. I'm sure it's something like +100% STR mod to the next hit.

Edit: Spreadsheet shows that just changing the Damage/Delay values on Godhands is only a ~5% increase in DPS.

Edit2: obviously if the str mod is outside ftp then boost is still pretty shitty.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do the delay increases on H2Hs make Martial Arts gear/gifts more valuable?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    As far as MA... it doesn't have a cap it just doesn't effect the min delay possible. Anyways for the ones that are now above ~120 yeah with capped gear and magic haste you wont quite reach the minimum delay possible for them unless you get some samba or MA gear. Even the other ones should see a slight increase in tp gain just to being overcapped less
    By "cap" I am referring to whatever MA value = 36% of base delay. 36% MA/DW is exactly what you need to hit 80% total delay reduction w/ capped gear+magic haste. Since MA doesn't function as an actual percentage decrease, I was wondering if the extra delay was enough to push the total delay value up beyond the baseline MA values from traits, and was hoping I could get away without mathing. XD

edit: OK. I mathed one. lol
    New Spharai(119III) delay is +116
    Base h2h delay is 480
    Total base delay = 596
    36% of 596 = 214.56 (round up to 215)
    Job Master MNK delay from MA Traits/Gifts = 210

So, H2H weapon delay HAS been bumped up enough to at least make it not a default baseline TP loss to use anymore. ^^
    By comparison, KKK is still 53 delay over cap, so that would result in ~STP -10% more than is absolutely necessary...

Any of my math off? XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    By "cap" I am referring to whatever MA value = 36% of base delay. 36% MA/DW is exactly what you need to hit 80% total delay reduction w/ capped gear+magic haste. Since MA doesn't function as an actual percentage decrease, I was wondering if the extra delay was enough to push the total delay value up beyond the baseline MA values from traits, and was hoping I could get away without mathing. XD

edit: OK. I mathed one. lol
    New Spharai(119III) delay is +116
    Base h2h delay is 480
    Total base delay = 596
    36% of 596 = 214.56 (round up to 215)
    Job Master MNK delay from MA Traits/Gifts = 210

So, H2H weapon delay HAS been bumped up enough to at least make it not a default baseline TP loss to use anymore. ^^
    By comparison, KKK is still 53 delay over cap, so that would result in ~STP -10% more than is absolutely necessary...

Any of my math off? XD
    Oh I know what the delay caps off just saying referring to it as an MA cap isn't accurate when it's still doing something... it's just not doing anything productive unless you were underfisting or not capped haste which actually slightly favors more MA.

As far as math going backwards like that leads to some inaccuracies (albeit small from where and when you round). I'd calculate min and base (for tp considerations) delay first so for that Spharai would be 120 and 386 respectively. 120 delay at 68.75% haste would put you at 384 pre haste delay

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

According to the BG Wiki Martial arts pages, Master Monk base delay is 270, not 210.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    According to the BG Wiki Martial arts pages, Master Monk base delay is 270, not 210.
    It's 210 delay reduction. Maybe I worded it badly.

Oh I know what the delay caps off just saying referring to it as an MA cap isn't accurate when it's still doing something... it's just not doing anything productive unless you were underfisting or not capped haste which actually slightly favors more MA.

As far as math going backwards like that leads to some inaccuracies (albeit small from where and when you round). I'd calculate min and base (for tp considerations) delay first so for that Spharai would be 120 and 386 respectively. 120 delay at 68.75% haste would put you at 384 pre haste delay
    I have no idea what underfisting is. lol

My understanding is that with capped gear and magic haste though, that the remaining required delay reduction from DW/MA is exactly 36% in order to reach the 80% hardcap delay reduction. DW works as a direct percentage (DW+1 = delay-1%,) and MA works as a direct static reduction (MA+1 = delay-1). There shouldn't be any rounding involved for either as far as I understand, other than the final point of MA rounding up to ensure perfect 80% delay reduction. Assuming capped gear+magic haste, anything over 36% for either MA/DW is doing nothing but harm, so I treat it as a hard cap personally. There shouldn't be any inaccuracies when doing it this way, other than rounding up MA to the nearest whole number to be absolutely capped.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post

I have no idea what underfisting is. lol

My understanding is that with capped gear and magic haste though, that the remaining required delay reduction from DW/MA is exactly 36% in order to reach the 80% hardcap delay reduction. DW works as a direct percentage (DW+1 = delay-1%,) and MA works as a direct static reduction (MA+1 = delay-1). There shouldn't be any rounding involved for either as far as I understand, other than the final point of MA rounding up to ensure perfect 80% delay reduction. Assuming capped gear+magic haste, anything over 36% for either MA/DW is doing nothing but harm, so I treat it as a hard cap personally. There shouldn't be any inaccuracies when doing it this way, other than rounding up MA to the nearest whole number to be absolutely capped.
    Bah hundredfisting.

And you perfectly stated the inaccuracy roundings. And when you do in different orders you get different roundings that get carried. Exactly 36% one way isn't another way. In this case it's 3 delay off. Not much but worth noting considering MA gear might be useable now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Bah hundredfisting.

And you perfectly stated the inaccuracy roundings. And when you do in different orders you get different roundings that get carried. Exactly 36% one way isn't another way. In this case it's 3 delay off. Not much but worth noting considering MA gear might be useable now.
    By my math, it appeared to me that much of anything above what MNK gets naturally is going to push you over into STP- territory.

Using my earlier example, delay formula w/ capped gear/magic haste for Spharai should be:
    (596-210)*(.3125) = 120.625

cap) 596*0.2=119.2

That's awfully darn close, and close enough that I definitely can't pick out 1/60th of a second.
    If you pick up the remaining MA+5 that I predict would be needed to perfectly cap, would be:
    (596-215)*(.3125) = 119.0625

That's under what it should be, but depending on how precise their rounding is, I might've been off by 1. Anything over MA+5 from gear though, assuming capped gear/magic haste, would result in lost TP w/ no benefit. Am I misunderstanding how the formula somewhere?