FFXI Server
    Sylph

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Ugh.. just noticed this is a 3hr maint. @_@;; Maybe they are checking out the hardware in addition to the version update? Carbuncle did have problems due to "network hardware failure" after all?

Or maybe it just takes that much time to make MNK not suck again. <_< Could go either way.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So...is Monk fixed?

Hoping the H2H changes will also impact PUP in a good way!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So it looks like they made boost into a sneak attack knock off, but with a strength modifier and no directional requirements?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Those are some weird ass weapons. I guess trying to give other jobs access to some WSs?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow that DPS jump for Godhands. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

OMG THEY FINALLY FIXED "Pouwhenua"!! Hasn't that been bugged since it was added? lol

...I have a feeling that Smithing/GS/WW made out like a bandit on all the new weapons/ammo since they are the ones who make Beryllium Ingots. ><;; I don't have a smith or WW.

Campaign
    BG Level

So... Boost now affects WS too (we'll find out exactely how pretty soon I guess) but... only once every minute? How is that gonna "fix" MNK when you can WS way more often than just once every minute? And what about the synergy with Chi Blast? And I don't get the part about the duration being equal to your delay. They mean the base value of H2Hdelay+weapondelay? Or the Delay after haste etc has been calculated?
    Also they mention Focus/Dodge going from 60 seconds to 30 seconds but... they used to last 120 seconds, not 60 o.o
    Also also also this is quite bad because before monk could count on a fulltime accuracy bonus alternating Aggressor (3 minutes) and Focus (2 minutes), now you won't be able to do that any longer gdi

On the other hand getting ~150 more damage on footwork it's gonna make it more useful in terms of a DPS-boost cooldown.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persephone Slamchest
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kinda interested in what the new delays and dmgs these weapons will have as well...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Celerin View Post
    Kinda interested in what the new delays and dmgs these weapons will have as well...
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/August_20...Existing_Items

They're already listed. Some of them got a pretty sizable damage upgrade.

----------

...WTF w/ the Strange Apparatus changes? O_o

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think they just worded it poorly. So the "duration being equal to your delay" means it wears off on the next hit. It sounds like it will function just like sneak attack, only without the directional requirement and the forced crit.

Depending on how strong it is, combining boost with the crit rate increase from focus could make for some nice ws damage.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Flip Cork
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Curious to see if it still stacks with it self for lulz purposes. Granted will only be 2 stacks now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Let's dissect Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    Boost has undergone the following adjustments.
    Autoattack delay will increase while active.
    The next autoattack will deal increased damage.
    Then next autoattack will generate increased TP if it connects.
    While active, the next weapon skill used before an autoattack occurs will deal increased damage.
    The next autoattack/weapon skill will have its damage modified my STR.
    The effect duration has been changed from 180 to your attack delay.
    The recast time has been changed from 15 seconds to 60 seconds.
    SO Boost effect duration is equal to delay, but delay is increased by Boost. Sounds like Boost adds a STR mod similar to Utu Grip. The new mechanic doesn't allow for stacking, so no more Spirit Bombs, and we don't know yet if it interacts at all with Chi Blast any more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They're already listed. Some of them got a pretty sizable damage upgrade.

----------

...WTF w/ the Strange Apparatus changes? O_o
    Less sizable then they look and they got decent delay increases too

And that just means you can keep the clusters locked out even when zoning so you can only get rune equipment iirc

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Less sizable then they look and they got decent delay increases too

And that just means you can keep the clusters locked out even when zoning so you can only get rune equipment iirc
    DPS+20% is sizable. Even more so when you consider the increased delay reducing the impact of the dmg rating increases. My question now for any PUPs/MNKs out there, will the new higher delays drop you below MA cap for the weapons you've been using?

My shock is more about WHY they would mess w/ something that old and obsolete. Haven't seen any fuss about rune weapons that's been addressed by devposts I don't think..

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DPS+20% is sizable. Even more so when you consider the increased delay reducing the impact of the dmg rating increases. My question now for any PUPs/MNKs out there, will the new higher delays drop you below MA cap for the weapons you've been using?

My shock is more about WHY they would mess w/ something that old and obsolete. Haven't seen any fuss about rune weapons that's been addressed by devposts I don't think..
    Same reason they just turned the Guide Beret into an exp band. Pointless at worst, and insulting at best.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Same reason they just turned the Guide Beret into an exp band. Pointless at worst, and insulting at best.
    Guide/Sprout Berets were basically useless since the Level Sync system was introduced, no? At least there's a bit of skillup+ on the new ones. They've changed how/which rewards work with the recruitment system too, though details are pretty skimpy.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celerin View Post
    Can already see that.
    Weapon DMG got boosted by ~33% on all weapons.
    Delay got increase by a lot but it changes from weapon to weapon. Some received a ~50% increase, Godhands received more than 100% increase for instance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you mean the dps posted near the weapons that's not really accurate ESPECIALLY in the case of h2h since no number posted would be always accurate due to the way h2h does delay. Honestly not even sure how they do the dps for h2h. Just for an example using comuppence+1 says dps increased by 17.5% with capped attack speed it's more of like 12% for a mnk with max gifts and just capped gear haste and haste II it's more like an 8% dps increase. Note this doesn't count KAs because too much math for tonight.

As far as MA... it doesn't have a cap it just doesn't effect the min delay possible. Anyways for the ones that are now above ~120 yeah with capped gear and magic haste you wont quite reach the minimum delay possible for them unless you get some samba or MA gear. Even the other ones should see a slight increase in tp gain just to being overcapped less

Super side note due to the weird nature of HF at least with no MA gear on it also provides minimal dps gains.

As far as Rune stuff idk they added an npc to check them somehow/for some reason so maybe that's going to be related to the new battle content. Not really sure what information you could check about them

edit: think I figured out the h2h dps rating. It looks like it totally ignores the contribution from skill and use a 240 base delay which isn't possible without gear so idk what that is doing

Edit: just realized I probably shouldn't have done dps math assuming capped attack speed and then say you won't reach said speed most the time lol. Whelp more stuff to re do in the morning I guess. Or maybe people will start wearing MA gear idk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast