BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Yoooooooo I don't sneeze when I'm holding a gun but if I did my finger wouldn't magically slip all the way to the trigger and pull it lol.
    I mean, a lot of shit happens when you sneeze and most of it you literally, physically cannot control.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yoooooooo I don't sneeze when I'm holding a gun but if I did my finger wouldn't magically slip all the way to the trigger and pull it lol.
    His finger is right next to the trigger guard. Yeah it would probably be a violent sneeze, but it doesn't take much force to pull the trigger on those things. Again, goes back to the whole DON'T HAVE YOUR FUCKING GUN OUT UNLESS YOU PLAN ON USING IT.

Doesn't also help this is in my back yard, and that agency is already having trouble hiring/retaining officers, so 3/4 of the staff probably shouldn't even be near a firearm.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ so much this

"a sneeze would never make you hit the trigger" doesn't help when it somehow does, or he is startled by something, or whatever other reason he accidentally shoots. he needs to be in a position where accidentally shooting someone is not a possibility. the gun here is being used as a primary method of threat control, which is a huge error on the officer's part and could easily lead to tragic consequences.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

His finger isn't on the trigger. A sneeze won't make him pull the trigger any more than it causes you to crash your car. He was intending to use it. There is no accident here, he felt threatened.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

His finger isn't on the trigger. A sneeze won't make him pull the trigger any more than it causes you to crash your car. He was intending to use it. There is no accident here, he felt threatened.
    People like you are so much of what is wrong with police culture these days, that's all I can really say

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yes. People who are actively in law enforcement lol.

If you lose control of your entire body brain and appendages when you sneeze then something is wrong with you.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so you think it's ok to point your gun at a citizen for an extended period of time, as a primary method of threat control, for a traffic stop, and you're in law enforcement?

if you're that afraid of random citizens being stopped for a broken tail light, get the fuck out of our police force please.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just don't have random screwdrivers lying around in your car. Or pencils.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Dude, he wasn't threatened. He was power tripping and his finger was over the guard. He wasn't intending to use it. Cop was a fucking retard and is lucky he's only in the news for this and not for murdering doing a good clean shoot on some random guy in a car.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    so you think it's ok to point your gun at a citizen for an extended period of time, as a primary method of threat control
    Yepp, dude reached for a weapon.

Try it sometime.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Yepp, dude reached for a weapon.

Try it sometime.
    I'm sure he did, and wasn't just going for his paperwork like the officer asked or anything.

Try again.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I'm sure he did, and wasn't just going for his paperwork like the officer asked or anything.

Try again.
    Got the beginning of the video? Where he reached for a screwdriver?

Try it dude it'll be fine, Facebook live it.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Got the beginning of the video? Where he reached for a screwdriver?

Try it dude it'll be fine, Facebook live it.
    I have not seen that, got a link?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Only going by Melena saying he dropped paperwork on the floor next to a screwdriver.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

So you assume he wasn't complying with commands and instead was going after a screwdriver, which justifies holding him at gunpoint for nine minutes.

Yeah, I think that speaks well enough for itself, unless you have anything to add.

I will reiterate: People like you are everything that's wrong with the law enforcement community, and in the end you do more harm than good both to LEOs and to the community at large by holding viewpoints that are completely ignorant of basic gun safety rules, as well as the concept of de-escalation rather than show of force, use of less-lethal options, respect for the public and a commitment to serve and protect rather than divide and conquer.

Let's be honest. You know this cop was a paranoid power-tripping bully who could have easily slipped and killed this guy, sneeze or no sneeze. You know that what he did was wrong. You just don't want to admit that you're ok with that, so you try - and fail - to justify his behavior.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Nah you're way off. At first I was just laughing cause people think they sneeze and a gun goes off or a plane crashes or you wreck your car but I'll freely admit that I was okay with him pointing the gun at him. It was proper gun safety contrary to your opinion.

Finger is not on trigger, draw down on a threat with a weapon. Are you one of those shoot him in the leg guys?

Also, if I'm assuming what happened, aren't you? We don't see the beginning, all we have is someone saying he reached for something. That's GG right there lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As someone who handles a handgun at minimal twice a week and is military, if you sneeze and somehow end up pulling the trigger, you probably intended to shoot to begin with. First shot of a lot of handguns takes a smidge of force to even shoot correctly.

Only difference between me and them is if I pull a gun on someone I don't intend to kill, I better have a damned good reason for it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I handle a handgun, my duty weapon, pretty much every day and hit the range up at least thrice a month. The cop had proper trigger discipline and held the weapon at the sul position. A sneeze isn't going to spontaneously make the scary gun go bang.

Having said that, the guy is a pussified idiot who needlessly escalated the situation when he held an unarmed individual at gun point for 10 minutes.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I handle a handgun, my duty weapon, pretty much every day and hit the range up at least thrice a month. The cop had proper trigger discipline and held the weapon at the sul position. A sneeze isn't going to spontaneously make the scary gun go bang.

Having said that, the guy is a pussified idiot who needlessly escalated the situation when he held an unarmed individual at gun point for 10 minutes.
    This is p much my feeling.

Yuri is going to preach and project about this but the Xno is right.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

needs moar de-escalation training. could have gone something like this instead: "sir, i need you to remain calm. Was that a weapon on the floor of your vehicle?" "No, that was a screwdriver." "Okay. I'd like you to slowly open the door of the vehicle and step out, please, and keep your hands visible." "Okay." "Please stand over there and place you hands on the trunk of your car." "Okay." "Now, I'd like to handcuff you for a moment while I check that screwdriver out; can't be too careful these days. Once I've done that I'll take them off you, okay?" "Yeah, sure." "Okay, phew, you gave me a scare there, here we go. Thanks for cooperating." "Yeah sure, no problem."

two reasonable people handling an understandably scary situation. instead we have this nonsense. de-escalating isn't fucking rocket science. it's not hard. it's literally just telling someone, politely, what you want them to do and what you're going to do before you do it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast