Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    I'm firmly entering Mace Windu areas of political force alignment, with a 2020 Clinton run possibly taking me into GoP spite voting territory. That pic is beyond accurate.
    Imagine living a life so comfortable that you can spite vote and help fuck over millions of people in the process. Amazing

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ha. Comfortable. That's funny. I'd be actively fucking myself over also if I did actually did that.

Then again, it's been established that the popular vote doesn't mean shit in this country and I live in such a hard blue state when it comes to Presidential races that it literally doesn't matter how I vote for President.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yikes, you're worse than the poor rural voters that think that Trump/Republicans are their savior, at least they're not intelligent enough to know that his policies will DESTROY them. You willing fuck yourself over to "spite" other people.

Even if you're in a blue state you know people that live in red areas/states that are uneducated and only receive their information from Fox or Breitbart.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Again, I'm essentially fucking nobody over no matter what. Voting for the GoP ticket in my state is the same as writing in Mickey Mouse for Gods sake.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

But still instead of being petty, why not go and try and make a change it what you see as a problem on a local level instead of being a contrarian or complaining about it online. I mean idk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    But still instead of being petty, why not go and try and make a change it what you see as a problem on a local level instead of being a contrarian or complaining about it online. I mean idk.
    Says the guy complaining and making assumptions about people online....

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Says the guy complaining and making assumptions about people online....
    He complained that he was going to spite liberals and vote R in 2020, and I said why not change what you don't like about what ever is making you feel some type of way to vote in such a manner. This is me actively changing his mind, which he should try to do. They're not the same thing lol. This is how discussions go, you know that right? There was no assumption made at all.

Y'all get more awful at this trolling with each passing day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is me actively changing his mind, which he should try to do. They're not the same thing lol. This is how discussions go, you know that right? There was no assumption made at all.

There was no assumption made at all.
    Nice try but it's on the same fucking page
    Imagine living a life so comfortable that you can spite vote and help fuck over millions of people in the process. Amazing
    I look for your attempts to say this response to his quote wasn't to him but to others like him... (which of course is still an assumption but I digress) despite also the very next post by you being how you admit you were mistaken about him. Also trying to change his mind? By insulting the guy who says he is spite voting? Who is the troll now? As if somehow being antagonistic to someone who is already admitting they respond with spite will this time not have them respond with more spite. Now if you had started off with hey try helping first....

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Personally find spite voting or advocating for such because you "don't matter" in your area to be, if you'll forgive the term, toxic to the entire institution. Voter apathy is a problem in areas that do matter, and it feeds off the political climate of the entire country, not just where you live. You'll have no shortage of instances where you can be inconsequentually petty in your life. Show some restraint here

I have nothing to support this, just muh feels

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Milkster still thinks the popular vote matters lol thats cute.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think it negatively affects how people feel about voting as a whole, which I'm comfortable saying without sourcing anything

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This is also ignoring the fact that I said that I'd only consider doing this if the DNC seriously ran Clinton again. Three primaries in a row would be sad. She's a politician, not someone who is next in line for the throne. If it's anyone else, I'm probably going to be a good little liberal and pull the level for the Dems.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Milkster still thinks the popular vote matters lol thats cute.
    While it wont necessarily determine the all or nothing presidency it does in fact or at least can matter. The popular votes counts both formally and informally for a few things as Dotsukou. But yes many see it as win or lose only and such apathy can have negative effects which can in fact have some effect on the election/future elections and sometimes your area actually does matter. Battlegrounds change year to year and we had a lot of close ones this time.

Some other ways it matters is funding. If a minority party gets enough votes it can get funding same way the main 2 do and well Gary was close until he opened his mouth 1 too many times. Another thing is electors casting their votes aren't the last step in electing a president. It has to go thru congress. Objections can and in more recent history have been raised at least in part over popular votes. While I don't think it's every changed the election faithless electors votes have been tossed out and entire states have had their votes not count due to irregularities. It also can set a tone. There is a marked change in the political scene between a highly contested election and a sweep even if those numbers don't match the voting population.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Which thread is this? I'm confused

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Which thread is this? I'm confused

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Ridiculous Milk Musings

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Milk is hardly the progenitor or minority in this tangent

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ragnus merely adopted the voter apathy; CS was born in it, moulded by it. He didn't bother thinking about voting until he was already a man, by then it didn't even matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I thought black people cant vote?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-cant-hear-you

Oklahoma City officers shoot and kill deaf man who was approaching them after an accident. Two officers responded to the call, one pulled a taser, the other a gun. They both fired at the same time, but the officer with the gun fired 6 shots. Neither officer were wearing body cams despite the department offering them. Both of the officers are white while the the victim is hispanic.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Train these fucking clowns already, and filter out the non hackers. There's no reason a cop should fear for his life because a middle aged man with something other than a firearm or sword is within 15 feet of their person. He had backup with a taser for fuck's sake, it's not like he was alone in an alley and the guy had already taken a swing at his head.

This sort of thing pisses me off. No body cams just makes it worse.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast