Closed Thread
Page 95 of 153 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Confirmed that doing surgery to find your shot in a scrawny pheasant or rabbit is bullshit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Honestly shotguns just seem terrible for hunting anything that weighs less than like 100lbs.
    Actually they're typically "the best", you just take a shot shell that's got relatively low amounts of powder, small mass projectiles, and a large amount of them - there's a ridiculous number of differences (not just in regards to powder/mass/#) between shot shells, I'll never care to learn all of it tbh. The lb/ft^2 per projectile can get much lower than even a .22 LR shot from a very short barrel

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It's strange to me that so many jurisdictions ban rifles for turkey hunting. I'd assume you mess up way more meat with a shotgun than by just plinking them in the head with a .22LR or something.
    Your selection could be such that projectiles will probably (at some distance) fuck a turkey's central nervous system with head/neck hits but not be able to penetrate their feathers/hide. Turkeys are deceptively tough

Dunno for sure the rationale between outright banning 22s but I'd posit that the shotgun/ammo selection for turkeys would be less lethal to a human than a 22 LR even out of a pistol and it's a bit more "sporty" to use a shotgun, with a .22 rifle you can probably wipe out turkeys at a much greater rate than the shotgun loaded with shot that absolutely cannot get you a kill at 100 yards (lots of use of decoys/camo/calls for turkey hunting and kills are more in the 20-40 yard range)

edit: yeah, it seems from cursory google searching that accidental "shootings" occur most often turkey hunting

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Afaik, legit hunters pick a size of round/slugs and powder for the specific hunt that can penetrate skin and protection and deliver all that energy into the animals body without being too strong and passing through, maybe letting the animal limp off to survive a misplaced shot.

Proper setup will have the bullet penetrate and deliver all that power into the tissue to fuck it up without just piercing through and leaving out the other end. It's kinda like how youd prefer a round to stay small and go right through you than get lodged and lost inside you. Alternatively, hunters could go big and just destroy the animal with larger guns, but that usually defeats the purpose of trophy or food hunting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

you need to use a varmint rifle

trust me I played rdr2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Well I guess that's one way to avoid dealing with long lines at check out.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Afaik, legit hunters pick a size of round/slugs and powder for the specific hunt that can penetrate skin and protection and deliver all that energy into the animals body without being too strong and passing through, maybe letting the animal limp off to survive a misplaced shot.

Proper setup will have the bullet penetrate and deliver all that power into the tissue to fuck it up without just piercing through and leaving out the other end. It's kinda like how youd prefer a round to stay small and go right through you than get lodged and lost inside you. Alternatively, hunters could go big and just destroy the animal with larger guns, but that usually defeats the purpose of trophy or food hunting.

Most states have seasonal hunting and firearm type laws. You don't hunt based on what round or weapon you want to use or what works best. You can't just pick a larger gun if your want to explode the animal. You hunt with what you have to and are forced to hunt with given current seasonal laws.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Here's a snip of NJ during legal season:

It is unlawful to possess in the woods and fields shot larger than #4 fine shot except for hunting deer, bear, waterfowl, woodchuck (farmers only) and coyote/fox during the Special Permit Coyote and Fox Season. This shall not apply to the lawful use of ammunition for air guns; see Air Guns, this page.

Rimfire and centerfire rifles are not legal to hunt deer.

See sections on specific game animals for permitted firearms and ammunition. See table on Deer Hunting Regulations for sporting arms legal for deer hunting.

No person shall use a shotgun capable of holding more than three shells at one time or that may be fired more than three times without reloading except for the September Canada goose season (see Trapping Regulations) and during a light goose conservation order season, if any.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

You can't hunt deer with rifles in NJ? Weird.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So then why would they even make all the different types of ammo of they weren't meant to be used for different situations?

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

What's so fucked up to me is that people are obviously trying to one up the last piece of shit that does this now.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://www.dexerto.com/general/walm...ootings-893991

Walmart removing ads of violent video games from their stores.

You can still buy guns there though.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    https://www.dexerto.com/general/walm...ootings-893991

Walmart removing ads of violent video games from their stores.

Hold up, I thought Walmart already refused to sell uncensored Marilyn Manson albums. Weren't we already saved?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post

that's not true

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Looks like good guy with a gun saved the day.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    America is very very (very) far from a civil war so all this speculative fiction is very silly but the military would def split if there were ever a liberal coasts/Union vs heartland/Dixie conflict. too many good old boys in the armed forces and their allegiances trend regional more than national.
    The South will rise again

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    The kid wasn't an active shooter nor did he seem inclined to respond so no, literally a good guy with a gun did nothing.

1 out of what? 15? 20?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

that's not true
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...oice-concerns/

You can at least Google it. It only takes 10 seconds

I like to eat food
    BG Level

My local Walmart does not sell guns as far as I know. They sell a lot of components (grips, stocks, barrels, sights, etc.), but not the gun itself.

I would guess it varies from region to region. Though I do live in a more conservative, "upstate" area of NY.