FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ystem-n1042906

Dayton shooter was high on cocaine and Xanax which he washed down with alcohol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We need to ban cocaine.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Because people who have a history of being violent shouldn't have access to weapons?
    Sure, but again, that doesn't answer my question. They're not doing these w/ legal guns (which is the point of discussion they're trying to make aka gun control) I don't see many people out there lobbying for illegal guns to suddenly become legal. They're attacking something that really isn't the cause of the problem here.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Which is impressive given how while all fucked up; he still killed a swath of people.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Sure, but again, that doesn't answer my question. They're not doing these w/ legal guns (which is the point of discussion they're trying to make aka gun control) I don't see many people out there lobbying for illegal guns to suddenly become legal. They're attacking something that really isn't the cause of the problem here.
    You don't seem to understand it then.

I'm sure you can find some sort of flowchart, or just look at how the guns into Chigaco come from the next state over.

It isn't difficult to understand.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Ban alcohol again!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Easy access to guns is a major factor here. Making guns less easy to access is a big part of the solution.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49391343

Another person in Ohio arrested for threatening to carry out a mass shooting. This one was inspired by the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh last year.

James Reardon, 20, posted a video online of a man firing a gun with a caption identifying the centre in Youngstown, north of Pittsburgh.

A search of his home revealed several weapons, body armour and a gas mask, police said.

James Reardon was arrested in New Middletown, near Youngstown, on Saturday and charged with menacing and harassment. He is due to appear in court on Monday.

"He was implying that he was going to be identified as the shooter of the Jewish centre. That kicked off a very intensive investigation, a very rapidly evolving investigation," he said, quoted by WKBN-TV.

As well as a cache of weapons, the search of the suspect's home also uncovered white nationalist material, police said.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I know most of you guys don't like it, but the Adam Ruins Everything episode on gun control is pretty good.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Why do YouTube people not just dual release their episodes via podcast? The visual medium isn't important for 90% of videos.

Also that dude is super annoying and ain't no way I am going to look into it

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1164131807979347969

26 people have been arrested for planning mass shootings since the El Paso/Dayton mass murder.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/21/u...ner/index.html

iFunny is currently being investigated by the FBI because of all of the threats that have been appearing on this site. The site has a strong extremist community.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ott-long-beach

A Long Beach, CA cook at a Marriott hotel was arrested for threatening a mass shooting.

Rodolfo Montoya, 37, who worked at the Long Beach Marriott, was taken into custody Tuesday at his home in Huntington Beach. Officers seized multiple high-powered firearms, including an assault rifle, 38 high-capacity magazines, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition, according to investigators.

Police said Montoya told a coworker Monday that he planned to come into work and shoot everybody he saw at the hotel. Montoya was angry about a human resources issue, according to investigators.

Investigators weren’t sure how Montoya obtained the weapons. They said a preliminary investigation indicated he did not have a criminal history that would prevent him from legally owning firearms, but added that in most cases, assault rifles and high-capacity magazines are illegal for anyone to possess in California.

Montoya was arrested on suspicion of manufacturing and distributing assault weapons, possession of an assault weapon and making a criminal threat.

He is being held at the Long Beach City Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail. Detectives were continuing to interview him Wednesday afternoon.

Wtf

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Montoya? Sounds Mexican...can't wait to hear endlessly about this guy and border security while we ignore the white kid from last week and better gun control laws.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Michael Drejka who killed someone in Florida over a parking space argument and claimed self defense via Florida stand your ground law was found guilty of manslaughter

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

If it's the guy I think it is, didn't he kill someone else using the same defense?

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Don't think so.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This was in front of a gas station iirc, and he could have absolutely walked away from the situation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

IIRC, this guy harassed a mom with her kid in the car because they were parked in a handicap space (which I think they did have a handicap sticker), he started physically trying to pull her out of the car, husband saw this while walking back to car, pushed the guy away, guy pulled out his gun and shot him while he was backing away. Guy claims "stand your ground" even though he caused the situation and he wasn't in any danger.

Just another prime example how fucked up "stand your ground" is and should be removed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

uh except that it clearly wasnt stand your ground and thats why he was convicted