Closed Thread
Page 130 of 153 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

At least there are a few months until school shooting season starts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.wsav.com/crime-safety/br...ed-for-murder/

William Bryan, the man who filmed Ahmaud Arbery's murder, has been arrested.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) took William Bryan, 50, into custody on Thursday. The agency says he will be booked into the Glynn County Jail on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What?

Ah okay, I get it now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.wsav.com/crime-safety/br...ed-for-murder/

William Bryan, the man who filmed Ahmaud Arbery's murder, has been arrested.
    Why those charges? Im seeing lots of posts saying they are glad he was finally got arrested. What am I missing?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He apparently helped chase Arbery along with the other 2. The video he provided was 4 minutes long, which I'm sure he did so they can show authorities they did everything kosher. I'm not sure if Georgia has an accomplice law but if it does, that may be why he was also charged with murder.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Why those charges? Im seeing lots of posts saying they are glad he was finally got arrested. What am I missing?
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...der-2020-05-21

Under Georgia law, a person can be charged with felony murder for committing any felony that causes the death of someone else. It does not require intent to kill and carries an automatic life sentence.

In the Glynn County police incident report on the shooting, Gregory McMichael told an officer that at one point Arbery “began running back the direction from which he came and `Roddy’ attempted to block him which was unsuccessful.” It’s the only mention in the police report of any potential involvement by Bryan.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

i guarantee you that law was passed only to jail black people

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Could've easily posted to the terrorism thread but also relevant to the last few posts

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/gr...rnd/index.html
    https://www.grandforks.af.mil/News/A...ir-force-base/

Two are dead after a shooting this morning at the Grand Forks, ND Air Force base.

An early morning shooting at Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota has left two active-duty military members dead.

The incident happened at around 4:30 a.m. Monday and the situation is now "contained," a statement from the base said.

"There is currently no risk to other personnel at this time," the statement added.

The incident is under investigation and the Air Force is not announcing the victims' names until 24 hours after next-of-kin notification, the statement said.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

A man who helped chase down Ahmaud Arbery, the jogger killed in Georgia earlier this year, said the shooter called Arbery a “f---ing n-----” as he lay dying in the road, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent testified Thursday.

A Glynn County judge will determine whether there is enough evidence for the state to proceed with the trial of Gregory McMichael, 64, his 34-year-old son, Travis McMichael, and their neighbor William “Roddie” Bryan, who were charged with felony murder last month in the shooting death of Arbery, 25. The McMichaels appeared via video at a probable-cause hearing Thursday.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-live-updates/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

if only we had the same perspective and distance of Ahmaud as George, we might better perceive the white supremacy rather than just police brutality

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    if only we had the same perspective and distance of Ahmaud as George, we might better perceive the white supremacy rather than just police brutality
    It's okay, the police can still murder black women in their sleep.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I didn't follow the additional charges, why was the neighbor who was filming charged on murder too?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

he was pursuing Ahmaud just the same, i believe

he just also filmed the murder too ('_');

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I mean, they had guns? He's not a cop? I'm sure there's more to it but on the face I'm pretty surprised about that one. I dont think its quite sane to expect an unarmed bystander to square up against two armed men. I'd run away just like their victim did, or video record whats going on so I can give it to cops so those fuckers can see justice.

I'm sure he deserves it, just curious tho

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He was chasing Arbery with the other two, not as in a concerned citizen sense but as part of their group. Arbery wasn't just running away from them but the him as well.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    bystander
    he was pursuing Ahmaud just the same
    yeah, not a bystander

i'm sure we'll get a clearer picture of the timeline of events eventually but it sounds like the man who filmed was following Ahmaud for awhile, maybe even before the others

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

yeah, not a bystander

i'm sure we'll get a clearer picture of the timeline of events eventually but it sounds like the man who filmed was following Ahmaud for awhile, maybe even before the others
    Oh wow what a twist

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...polis-shooting

One dead and 11 injured after multiple shooters fired into crowds last night in Minneapolis.

One man died and 11 other people were injured in a shooting early Sunday amid crowds gathered along Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis' Uptown neighborhood.

Police said they believe there was more than one shooter. As of mid-morning Sunday there were no reports of arrests in the case, and the events that led up to the shooting along Hennepin between Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue remained unclear.

Fred Hwang of Hoban Korean BBQ on that block told MPR News that many people were out on the sidewalks when shots were fired. He said they were waiting to be allowed into restaurants and bars that were operating at only 50 percent capacity because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Authorities received 911 calls at 12:37 a.m. reporting several people shot on the 2900 block of Hennepin Avenue South, just north of Lake Street. It’s the commercial center of the Uptown neighborhood, lined with bars, restaurants and retailers.
    https://www.facebook.com/cody.mn.1

Person who was killed is an owner of a local barber shop.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...lotte-shooting

Two dead and seven wounded at a Juneteenth celebration in Charlotte, NC. There were multiple shooters.

About 400 people gathered on the north side of the city when someone in the crowd was struck during a hit-and-run accident, Smith said. Police responding to the scene heard shots being fired. Police believe more than one person fired weapons because videos recorded sounds from guns of different calibers. Authorities recovered around 100 casings from the scene.

Maliyah Cook, a witness and relative of one of the victims, said the mood of the crowd leading up to the shooting had been calm. Suddenly, she heard gunshots.

“I really feel like it was a good party. I don’t know what happened,” Cook told The Associated Press. “It came out the blue.”

As Cook was running, she said she looked down to see her cousin, 29-year-old Kelly Miller, fatally wounded in the middle of the street. Police have said Miller was pronounced dead at the scene while 28-year-old Christopher Antonio Gleaton was pronounced dead after being transported to the hospital.

Of the other seven who were shot, three had life-threatening injuries, Smith said.

The five people hit by vehicles are believed to have suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, police said in a news release. Four of them appear to have been struck while trying to leave the scene.