Closed Thread
Page 88 of 161 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ruby Riot on the verge of becoming a meme.

"I just came here to say UWAAAH POW"

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

2018 PPV schedule released. 5 Raw, 4 Smackdown and 5 Co-Branded PPV's. Money in the Bank is joining the big 4 (Rumble, Survivor Series, Wrestlemania, and Summer Slam) as a co-branded ppv.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Long overdue about MITB in my opinion.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Man there's a huge gap in Smackdown PvPs in the schedule.

Hopefully that means some kind of Super Smackdown like they did for that Vegas show.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Whatever, as long as we get more of THE BIG DAWG Dakota Kai on NXT now.
    This.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dunne vs Gargano was a lot of fun to watch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

http://www.hottopic.com/pop-culture/...e/bullet-club/

$10 sale back with some additions.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sports Illustrated‘s Justin Barrasso is reporting previous news about Finn Balor being Brock Lesnar’s opponent at the WWE Royal Rumble is false, because he was never even considered for the match.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Vince McMahon may have soured on Balor for the match, and plans for the Royal Rumble title match are up in the air at the moment.

Barrasso notes a source said Vince McMahon sees Balor as ‘bland’ when he is not using his ‘Demon King’ persona. The report noted Balor could be seen as transitioning into a ‘newer version’ of Dolph Ziggler where he has great matches, but isn’t rewarded with a main event spot, and the office doesn’t have faith in him in that role.
    I hate Vince

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Paul Heyman was just throwing Finn's name into his AJ promos out if the kindness of his heart then?

BG Level

In a company where they can only push maybe 2 full-timers at any given time per show, everybody else is a Dolph Ziggler anyway. There are some problems with Balor right now, but what the hell are x, y, z sports entertainers doing better than him? Take Rollins, for instance. Substitute Balor in for him, and I could see him doing fine there. Some stuff he'd do better, some stuff he'd do worse, and some stuff he'd have to do slightly different but could work out anyway.

Global Wars UK was a couple weeks ago, but it just got put up on NJPW World I think this past weekend. It's a fun little 2 night show, and as usual for shows like this you'll get some matchups that you simply won't see in NJPW (Naito vs. Scurll, Riddle vs. Desperado/Suzuki, etc.)

If you only want to spend 40ish minutes, Keith Lee vs. Ishii from Night 1 and ZSJ vs. Ospreay on Night 2 are worth a viewing. I've only seen Keith Lee maybe 3-4 matches prior to this, but he's never failed to live up to those big matches. ZSJ/Ospreay as usual was awesome. Night 1 they were in a tag match involving Goto (ew) and Suzuki which was fun, especially if you block out most of Goto's existence. Zack and Suzuki doing double submission moves on Ospreay was a joy.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finn is pretty shoddy at promos (and his accent does him no favors for getting stuff across to American audiences), and coupled with the insistence on the main roster to push the Demon King nonsense, leaves vanilla Finn as a remarkably boring character.

Other then wearing a nice jacket and having a cool entrance, there's nothing to his character if they're not hamming him up as Demon Finn. While that's something you can easily blame the writers and whatnot on the main roster for, he was honestly pretty boring in NXT too. They've already tried pushing this Balor Club stuff, while obviously missing that him being a heel in NJPW is what made his character work.

BG Level

The accent is something I could see them finding problematic, but I do think he's serviceable if given anything decent to work with. Instead, you get storytime with Finn, where he has to talk about Ancient Irish legends and Demons and all that bullshit, and nobody is going to make that shit sound good. I think what I was getting at was more that they don't bother to even define half of these people, so what's the big deal here?

Balor Club is one of the other issues, for sure. Having that as just another Cenation/Roman Empire/etc. rather than an actual group hurts it.

Also they need to drop the Demon or make it important and discernible. Having a slightly different entrance and paint isn't enough. I think there was one single match that he was more aggressive or something and that could be chalked up to it being that point in the feud. Have a special finisher or something, maybe. Anything. He doesn't have to totally change his moveset or striking style, but make it so it's not like it's a glorified Halloween costume. It's like Notre Dame football with the fucking green jerseys. It was one thing when it was a motivation thing for big games and shit like that, but last decade when they would schedule that bullshit once a year as a marketing ploy, and then have it for shitty games like fucking BC and Army.

I'm not saying that Balor needs to be a permanent fixture at the top of the card by any means, but I do think there are a couple minor tweaks they can do that could make him "fit in" there off an on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While most think the answer to help a floundering face is to turn them heel, it's truly the right decision for Balor. He caught fire in NJPW when he turned and created the hottest thing for pro wrestling in recent memory. His promos weren't fire, but they were miles ahead of anything he's done in WWE.

On the flip side for someone, I think Bray Wyatt should be a face.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That like... 2 week period of face Bray before he got injured was so dope.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://www.wwe.com/polls/raw-supers...sal-title-next

At least finn is over with the IWC

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Slightly getting tired of Being The Elite. Really didn't like them taking a jab at Fale. But if it ends up being a work into a battle for Bullet Club then I'm good with it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Io Shirai and some fan named Will
    Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Of course he's wearing a Christmas sweater of himself.

The WWE shop machine knows no limits