Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Here Be DRGs Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Smii View Post
    Thanks for the guide and in game advice! It would be very cool if you could date the guide so future DRGs know the time frame of its relevance.
    I just got off my permaban yesterday. So I will add this suggestion to my to-do list.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

welcome back spicy, hopefully your break was good for you

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    welcome back spicy, hopefully your break was good for you
    Oh, I was satisfied to be gone forever. It was all the fucking tells when I tried to play which said otherwise. Unfortunately culminating in enough encouragement for me to force myself back in.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Forgot to ever update the bit about Shining One.

Added that, some updates in general, and looked at gear like the Stinger Helm +1 R15, and Blistering Sallet +1 R15.

As far as I feel, Stinger +1 is a waste of an inventory spot. It should be a very minor gain for Stardiver while capping pDIF, but lose to Gavialis Helm on the correct days.

However, dat Blistering though. Not only is it swell for Leg Sweep, but it is best for Drakesbane as you might expect. It is also the best for Shining One Impulse Drive as you may have wondered.

As an aside, gear changes have really been benefiting Ryunohige this year. All things depending, there is growing justification for having one and using it over Trish.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Updated Trishula and Ryunohige Mid and Max sets as well as Stardiver and Drakesbane attack capped and uncapped WS sets.
    The rest is pre Odyssey, but isn't really different unless we are all running around with Nyame B R20 head and feet, etc. I am slowly working on updating the entirety of the guide for Odyssey, but these were the important sections for most players. I will post here again once it is all done.

At R15 full zerg situation with Samurai roll, and without any regard for defensive sets. A fully decked out Ryunohige should beat a Trishula by a small margin, but Drakesbane isn't SCing nearly as often as Stardiver nor with itself. So it is safe to say that Trishula should still be the best weapon for DRG in most situations or all common ones.
    Once Fighter's roll comes on, as it should if your COR isn't ignorant. Then Trishula should easily put out more raw DPS than Ryunohige without even caring about SCs. It isn't that both don't gain their best boost a second roll could provide a zerging group of DDs, but that Trishula just gains far more DPS from it.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for keeping this work up to date. I'm glad to see you still keeping at it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    Thanks for keeping this work up to date. I'm glad to see you still keeping at it.
    Woah, did someone actually post in the thread?

NP, as long as I play the game then I am its steward. It is a good job, and needs a guide behind it more than any other 2H DD so that DRG's case may be made.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

For the Trishula TP sets, at what rank does the Gleti and Nyame gear surpass it's valorous/ambu counterparts?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    For the Trishula TP sets, at what rank does the Gleti and Nyame gear surpass it's valorous/ambu counterparts?
    The only relevant Nyame pieces for TP in terms of DPS are the legs and hands. Unfortunately, both are going to require R20 to be better than a mitigated DPS loss to gain DT, due to the STP and PDL only getting up there at R20. The legs are so mild that you are looking at 3% PDL vs 1 STP against Ptero. The hands are only appealing piece of Nyame on path A for DRG, in my opinion. They replace Acro, and that is actually a really important step. They don't fix DRGs issue with magic evasion alone, but now we would be running with more DT in an optimal TP set which is very important in my book.

The rest of Nyame looks better to me as path B for Sonic or Camlann and for SCing Stardiver as multi-stepping is sweet. Frankly, since Valorous hands and Ptero. Gauntlets +3 cover SC dmg and WSD, Nyame path A hands and the rest Path B makes the most sense to me for DRG. Though the loss of an entire TP set with magic evasion on path A is a heavy choice to give up. That is a weakness of DRG though, and I rather embrace it while pushing strengths than try to make the job something it has never been, magically evasive.
    Overall, Nyame really depends on your other jobs too. Path B would be great for my RUN since it is the new BLU in terms of receiving almost no new DD gear since Omen wrapped up. Seriously, RUN still uses Adhemar +1, Lustratio +1, and Herculean for WSing, and that is just about it. Frankly, I'd be happy to ditch all these dumb Herculean WS augments too. Other jobs like NIN and SCH may like Path C.

Gleti's Cuirass for DPS is a similar story too, probably rank 16+ or 19+ for TPing. The body is great for Stardiver outside of the PDL the rest of the set falls into use for once you get the attack and DA+ augment, but once again Rank 18+ would be needed to seal the deal. I would work on augmenting the Gleti's Cuirass before anything else from Odyssey for DRG.

That all being said, no one is getting R20s any time soon, least of which Nyame. I feel comfortable at this point ditching Valorous Hose completely for Ptero. Brais +3 and running Hjarrandi Breastplate over Valorous Mail.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All WSs are updated. The only thing I still need to go over are Misc. Sets. Which includes DT, etc.

I have been slowly taking things from 4 columns to 3 to make it easier to read on smaller screens. Sure I could just set up wrapping, but egh, maybe in the future.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Left the game sometime in 2013. Coming back for a bit to see whats going on.

Have gotten to item lvl 117 with the intermediate guide, but kind of lost as to what gear pieces are must focus on and really improve TP/WS phases vs what is a good use of time to spend farming. I had good to great WS/TP gear for Drg such as Nyzul, A/R/E +1/2 gear, etc.

Id like to skip some of the weaker sets listed in the guide just for efficiency's sake, unless they truly are stepping stones for the next step. What WS/TP pieces really hit in terms of bang for buck that define that phase or could leverage into also getting other jobs up to par (Cor, Dnc mostly)? Most of my time back has been spent gathering warp and home points for easier movement, but after that what events (Ambuscade?) would be a good use of time for gear as well?

Also, for trusts. Are there any that stand out as ones to specifically grab? Ive just been doing the RoV missions into Chapter 2 and have gotten a few RoZ ones (Lion, Zeid, and the Sandy questline ones).

Finally, what is done to make money now?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ambuscade +1 gear is probably the baseline for utility, although this month's V1 is kind of obnoxious so you might have a hard time finding people to do it. I think DRG has a fair number of good AF/relic reforged pieces. Unless you have people to carry you or gil to get things merc'd for you, you'll have to kind of climb the gear ladder to get to some of the currently strongest gear (Odyssey).

Gil heavily depends on server. You can get 2M per week by turning your sparks and accolades into Acheron shields and Prize Powders and NPCing them. Dynamis currency probably isn't worth much anywhere anymore, but Alexandrite should be a steady seller everywhere. Astral detritus from Omen/Dynamis Divergence sells well but you'll need better gear to do either of those (and you'll need a group for Dyna-D). Pluton/Beitetsu/Riftborn boulders are also steady sellers but you'll need decent gear to farm them from HTMBs.

Shantotto II is considered the best DPS trust by far. Only available during certain login campaigns a couple times a year. DPS trusts fall off hard once you hit 99 regardless though, so aside from solo CPing she's still not much use. Amchuchu (Alter Ego campaign), ArkEV (quested) and August are generally the best tank trusts. Ulmia, Joachim, Qultada (Alter Ego campaign I think), Koru-Moru are all useful buffers to have and pretty easy to get. The best healing trusts are Yoran-Oran (unity), Apururu (unity) and Ygnas (good luck), all the other WHM trusts are pretty stupid.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Obsidian did a proper job answering everything. So I will just focus on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin
    Id like to skip some of the weaker sets listed in the guide just for efficiency's sake, unless they truly are stepping stones for the next step.
    Those sets are there for your benefit, and most guides don't bother spending time on early gear. If you don't know what you are doing then compare pieces in them to the ones after them, and then look where they come from. You are provided an avenue to learn with these early pieces being provided. This is also your only time to experience, enjoy, and play around with iLvl endgame before newer iLvl endgame.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, I was thinking there had to be some of the gear that was crafted. It seems almost everything is r/ex. It just seemed at an early glance to be inefficient time wise to have to start this progression from point A considering I am not starting the game from scratch, but there doesn't seem to be another option with everything being r/ex. Womp.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking there had to be some of the gear that was crafted. It seems almost everything is r/ex. It just seemed at an early glance to be inefficient time wise to have to start this progression from point A considering I am not starting the game from scratch, but there doesn't seem to be another option with everything being r/ex. Womp.
    Well, you will do Ambuscade anyway. That armor works. But yeah, crafted armor that's meaningful requires CP to wear anyway. In DRGs case it sucks, unless you really-really want to resist status ailments.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Are there any items of pre ilvl gear that are worth keeping, aside from the obvious "enhance specific JA" items and stuff like Suppa?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Are there any items of pre ilvl gear that are worth keeping, aside from the obvious "enhance specific JA" items and stuff like Suppa?
    Outside of Brutal Earring? Not really, no.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know DRG isnt on Gazu Bracelet +1, right? You have it in your acc TP set.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Laboob View Post
    You know DRG isnt on Gazu Bracelet +1, right? You have it in your acc TP set.
    Yeah, I have known for about it for over a month. It hasn't been worth my time to go fix it. Just use Emicho +1 B.

When I get around to updating the guide more then I will do it then. That or maybe I just fix it quickly so that I can keep pushing it off, who knows.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Okay, DRG sets are updated, and layout was updated to conform to mobile views far better. Those pesky Gazu Bracelets are gone, and I added a fancy TP set for Naegling that changes a single piece of gear since people keep asking for it. No Kraken Club though because if you can use one then you can make a set. Otherwise, I am not directing players to think they should all go make Kraken clubs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag