Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    I know it's fake, but it's a placeholder til I undoubtedly find a real one

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ok cool. For some reason I was thinking like, (for example) If Stannis died, then Renly would be Bobby B's next True heir, not Shireen. But I guess I had it backwards. Shits hard to keep straight after so long ol/

the last GRRM book Fire and Blood is full of this kinds of inheritance shenenigans, medieval culture couldn't keep that shit straight either and fight over it

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I really liked this new intro sequence. It gave us a good deal of information that is to come and hints of what went on in the episode as well as possible spoilers for the next:

* The Astrolabe's imagery shows The Night King destroying the Wall, the Red Wedding, & the birth of Dany's Dragons as 3 great moments in Westeros History, in parallel (and reverse) to the original imagery of the Doom of Valeria, Robert's Rebellion, & the Rise of House Baratheon.
    * The tiles that were flipping, flipped from snow to ice, signifying the distance covered by the White Walkers by the end of the episode. They've ran over Last Hearth and looks to have killed off the last of the Umbers and converted them into undead. As of the end of the episode they are at the Last River.
    * The sky is much darker over the lands of the North regions (darker the further back towards the Wall), to set an ominous tone as the undead army marches for Winterfell.
    * The mountain Last Hearth is on is in a spiral pattern similar to Jon's body in the hall.
    * The gold dotted line that ran to the left of the icy tiles was the Kingsroad leading up to Castle Black and down south and west to Winterfell. One could expect Tormund, his freefolk, Eddison, and most of the Night's Watch to take the Kingsroad quickly down south to beat the undead Army to Winterfell and warn of impending doom. (They might not make it in time and may also be wiped out as Kingsroad intersects with the Undead Army's due course).
    * The intro is much more on the ground level now that the storylines have been cut down to what's going on (and about to happen) in Winterfell, as well as King's Landing. There's likely going to be more scenes in the Crypts of Winterfell, as well as a possible escape route (for the main characters) if and when they are overwhelmed by the undead army.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Ok cool. For some reason I was thinking like, (for example) If Stannis died, then Renly would be Bobby B's next True heir, not Shireen. But I guess I had it backwards. Shits hard to keep straight after so long ol/
    Like Cichy mentioned, it's deliberately a little messy, but apparently in the show they specifically mentioned the order would have been Robert > Joffrey > Tommen > Stannis > Renly. Whether that's meaningful, an oversight, or just laziness, who knows.

GATTACA!

BG Level

"I brought two armies and two dragons home with me!"

"BUT ROBETT GLOVER!!!"

I agree with most of the criticism but as someone who all but hated S7, I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

David Nutter is a good director.

and a product of The U

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Interested in knowing who you guys think will kick the bucket in the next two episodes.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Do we really need to go through with this whole Jamie thing next episode? Didn't everyone already agree to kill the dead guys before each other when they had their sprint planning meeting in King's Landing?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Like Cichy mentioned, it's deliberately a little messy, but apparently in the show they specifically mentioned the order would have been Robert > Joffrey > Tommen > Stannis > Renly. Whether that's meaningful, an oversight, or just laziness, who knows.
    I think this is why Stannis had to die before Tommen. If Tommen dies first, Stannis’ claim to the throne would supercede Cersei, and although the Lannister army would likely still defend her claim, the rest of the world would have to acknowledge Stannis over Cersei.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Do we really need to go through with this whole Jamie thing next episode? Didn't everyone already agree to kill the dead guys before each other when they had their sprint planning meeting in King's Landing?
    Yeah we do. I'm also annoyed by it tbh, and it seriously feels like filler to something that should really only last about 2-3 minutes.

It does likely set up Jamie's fealty to Dany however, which is needed. He or Tyrion still needs to be the person who will put an end to Cersei per prophecy, so better to get all of the bullshit out of the way now early on.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I get other people questioning him, since he's not coming wih the entire Lannister army like promised. Gotta question him and wtf is going on.

But.. they have Bran. That should put that shit to rest real fucking quick lol

Worst line of the episode "Sansa is the smartest person I know", god help them all

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Jamie is Azor Ahai and you will give him all the screentime he needs damnit!

BG Level

Sam ain't deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Interested in knowing who you guys think will kick the bucket in the next two episodes.
    I think Bronn will soon unless there's a good reason for him to be spared. The sell-sword had a good run.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Staring Bran has become the first GOT meme this season and I dig it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I mean Cersei backed out of the agreement and Jaime is the Kingslayer so people won't trust his good intentions. It makes sense.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The biggest plot point for the war, aside from the night king being a day away, is Cersei bringing the army up to help in the fight. Jon just spent half his time this episode reminding people they needed the help. Now J-man shows up after all this time and sees the kid he threw out the window, just now leaving his position as commander of the queens army, and says "oh fyi they're not actually coming to help with the war".

I'd be flipping my shit if they didn't give him the little finger treatment and put him on trial. He's going to walk out of it of course, but it needs to happen regardless. They've been building this redemption arc for half a decade, it's now time to make all that redeeming official.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Where’s fire crotch? I can’t remember what happened to her after Jon banished her from winterfell.