Closed Thread
Page 21 of 158 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I'm glad Jon Snow didn't bend the knee immediately.
    Cersei did...if u know what I mean.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    The Jon/Dany throne room scene wasn't bad either, although Davos respecting Tyrion when he employed a WMD that burned his son(s)/fleet alive is a little eyebrow-raising.
    If there's anyone that won't hold a grudge, its Davos. He understood it was two people on different sides of a war doing what they thought was right. Not like Tyrion set out specifically to kill Davos's kid.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Well the point is she's going to watch her die, and then slowly rot until she's a skeleton, since Cersei is going to keep her alive indefinitely to force her to view the decay (alludes to the scene where she describes not being able to get the image of Myrcella rotting away in her head after she died) which definitely seems like a fate worse than death
    To clarify, watching your daughter rot and die is unequivocally terrible. BUT, given this fact, it is a mercy that the manner of Tyene's death will not be the strangler poison of torture by Mountain - it's a painless poison that gives the victim a nosebleed before they quickly expire

Given Cersei's history with septa unella and that the murder of innocent myrcella is about a heinous crime as one can imagine through cersei's eyes, they are getting off relatively lightly

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    My GF was so happy about it and I rolled my eyes so hard I fell off the Earth.

I still fucking hate Daeny. Can't wait for her to die.
    We can barely contain our contempt after her lines. Always some form of whining/patronizing/sarcasm coming from a little kid

I liked the way they wrote Jon in that scene and the way he delivered it

Just waiting for her to call herself the "last" Dragon.
    She actually did say that last night

Oh, and autistic Bran. Where the hell did that come from? And why on earth would he bring up Sansa's rape the first time he sees her? Jesus.
    Lol that's what I said, of all the memories you've seen you talk about how beautiful she looked on the night she married a sadistic rapist

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    it's a painless poison that gives the victim a nosebleed before they quickly expire
    Didn't they specifically say this one could take days or weeks? That's why Cersei told them to come in every couple of hours to change the torches, so Ellaria wouldn't miss anything.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What's up with Sansa leaving Bran in the woods in the snow by himself? Bringing up her wedding night was a dickish way of proving his knowledge, but leaving him in the snow was mean.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think she was just stunned by what he said. Shit was creepy as fuck.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

We can barely contain our contempt after her lines. Always some form of whining/patronizing/sarcasm coming from a little kid

I liked the way they wrote Jon in that scene and the way he delivered it

She actually did say that last night

Lol that's what I said, of all the memories you've seen you talk about how beautiful she looked on the night she married a sadistic rapist

Glad I wasn't alone on that, but yeah I didn't realize she called herself that last dragon, that's very dangerous. She's going to be like Viscerys at this rate.

"He refuses to bend the knee and call me Queen" WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/slap

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Didn't they specifically say this one could take days or weeks? That's why Cersei told them to come in every couple of hours to change the torches, so Ellaria wouldn't miss anything.
    He said it "depends on the person's constitution." Whether that means she'll suffer a long time or it won't hit for a while and then she'll die quickly like Myrcella is yet to be seen. If it's the former then I withdraw my argument. Based on what the show has shown us of this poison, at least, it really ain't bad.

GATTACA!

BG Level

"He refuses to bend the knee and call me Queen" WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/slap
    The worst was when she listed all the ways he was being mean and finished with "and he called me a child!" after Jon's "we're all children playing a game" analogy.

Fucking basic comprehension, do you have it

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

^Ugh yes, I had to stop myself from skipping over that part upon rewatching it with my GF, fuck that noise.

I love how Davos can speak for everyone, and everyone just listens.

BG Level

Oh, and autistic Bran. Where the hell did that come from? And why on earth would he bring up Sansa's rape the first time he sees her? Jesus.
    i actually loved that scene, it along with how cold Bran's reaction to reuniting with Sansa was compared to Jon's demonstrated how he's transcending to a different kind of existence in a Dr Manhattan sense, and remaining only loosely attached to his humanity in the process.

though again not built to very well, last time we saw Bran he was crying over Hodor and now he's only semi-human.

To clarify, watching your daughter rot and die is unequivocally terrible. BUT, given this fact, it is a mercy that the manner of Tyene's death will not be the strangler poison of torture by Mountain - it's a painless poison that gives the victim a nosebleed before they quickly expire

Given Cersei's history with septa unella and that the murder of innocent myrcella is about a heinous crime as one can imagine through cersei's eyes, they are getting off relatively lightly
    Cersei is modifying her revenge to fit her specific victims, there isn't a one size fits all torture kit. for Septa Unella she chose torture and sexual degradation because Unella had abused her for weeks in a small cell before taking part in Cersei's sexual degradation. for Ellaria Cersei chose forcing her to witness the death of a favored child (just as Ellaria had previously witnessed the death of her beloved Oberyn) and then keeping her alive with nothing to do but think on the pain of the loss, because Ellaria had taken away Cersei's most beloved child and forced Cersei to live with that pain. for Olenna both of Cersei's ideas involved stripping the dignified queen, who was so used to stripping away the dignity of others through verbal humiliation, of her dignity through a grand spectacle of public torture and execution, though that outcome was obviously forestalled by Jamie's chivalry.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    though again not built to very well, last time we saw Bran he was crying over Hodor and now he's only semi-human.
    Maybe Hodor's death broke him like that?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

HBO got hacked, again. Episodes may be out there, at the very least the scripts are floating around. Browse and click at your own risk from here on out folks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i actually loved that scene, it along with how cold Bran's reaction to reuniting with Sansa was compared to Jon's demonstrated how he's transcending to a different kind of existence in a Dr Manhattan sense, and remaining only loosely attached to his humanity in the process.

Cersei is modifying her revenge to fit her specific victims, there isn't one size fits all torture kit. for Septa Unella she chose torture and sexual degradation as Unella had abused her for weeks in a small cell before taking part in Cersei's sexual degradation. for Ellaria Cersei chose forcing her to witness the death of a favored child (as she witnessed the death of her beloved Oberyn) and then keeping her alive with nothing to do but think on the pain of the loss, just as Ellaria had taken Cersei's most beloved child from her and forced Cersei to live with that pain. for Olenna both of Cersei's ideas involved stripping the dignified queen who was so used to stripping away the dignity of others with verbal humiliation by torturing and executing her in public, though that outcome was obviously forestalled by Jamie's chivarly.
    I'm thinking that the poison can be modified some, to make it last. When Tyene used it on Bronn, it got to him almost instantly. With Marcella, it was long enough for them to get out to sea, before it got to her, and she died quickly. And now Qyburn is saying it could take days.

GATTACA!

BG Level

That's a good post, hadn't thought about the connection with the flaying to punish Olenna

Cersei is modifying her revenge to fit her specific victims, there isn't a one size fits all torture kit.
    Sure, my point was that Tyene is getting off easy compared to alternatives. Cersei is a creature of malice; I was surprised she placed poetic justice above inflicting maximum pain and suffering

BG Level

Tyene isn't the object of revenge, her death is just a means to an end.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Tyene isn't the object of revenge, her death is just a means to an end.
    If I'm ellaria I'd still rather see tyene die via subtle poison than have the mountain rip off her arm and beat her with it

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If I'm ellaria I'd still rather see tyene die via subtle poison than have the mountain rip off her arm and beat her with it
    What's to say right before the poison kills her, Cersei does just that? I would love to see it. Fuck off with your BAHD POOSAY shit.

BG Level

fair enough i just think it's totally in keeping with her character to have Tyene die the same way Myrcella did. she's an icy vindictive monster but she's not some Ramsay-style sadist who gets chubbed up at the sight of flayed Theon, she never even stays around to watch the torture she orders.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 158 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast