Closed Thread
Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I don't think I can hold out five days probably gonna cave and hit up dailymotion and hope the link is still good. Waaaaah.

BG Level

Spoiler: show

well that was a how do you say pile of shit, how many cliches can get thrown into 1 episode of television. doubly disappointing as eps 4+5 were the season's best and it seemed the show was gearing up for a spectacular end season after a rough start just like last year.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    thanks you guys i am looking fwd to my post work activities this evening. go team go
    I approve of these activities and will be joining you in them as well on my 65" w/ 5.1 surround.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yeah I don't think I can hold out five days probably gonna cave and hit up dailymotion and hope the link is still good. Waaaaah.
    It's not.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

edit: nvm, guess I shoulda posted the link before watching the whole thing.

Marathon Gendry and travelwarping raven/dragons aside. This episode showed more than any other instance how far we have departed from the notion that "any character can die and no one is safe" that tormund scene was just dumb. Worst part of all this is that everything is so hurried that it is done in the stupidest of ways, which is just a shame since HBO wanted them to do more episodes but D&D were like nah, we good.

GATTACA!

BG Level

You all have no honor!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    You all have no honor!
    Enjoy being spoiled with your honor :<

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Enjoy being spoiled with your honor :<
    I haven't had a whiff of spoilers yet, I may change my tune if I do.

Really though where are you guys getting spoiled? Reddit/twitter/FB

I don't twitter anyways and don't go to the GoT subreddits during seasons. I guess I'm vulnerable to assholes on FB

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It's on IPT, in 1080, can't vouch for quality yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    720 version...
    V:10
    A:6.5

Audio was sped up a bit and lost sync halfway thru. Also someone coughs in the background so go for the 1080 version if you can.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    edit: nvm, guess I shoulda posted the link before watching the whole thing.

Marathon Gendry and travelwarping raven/dragons aside. This episode showed more than any other instance how far we have departed from the notion that "any character can die and no one is safe" that tormund scene was just dumb. Worst part of all this is that everything is so hurried that it is done in the stupidest of ways, which is just a shame since HBO wanted them to do more episodes but D&D were like nah, we good.

oh my bruh that was one of the shittiest and least logically consistent action sequences this show has done. and i agree a huge limitation this season has been how rushed they've had to make everything after inexplicably cutting their screen time by 30%. i mean this entire dumb convoluted idea of going north to capture a walker to convince Cersei to sign an armistice thus drastically changing the trajectory of the season took place over a 5 minute dinner table conversation.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post

oh my bruh that was one of the shittiest and least logically consistent action sequences this show has done. and i agree a huge limitation this season has been how rushed they've had to make everything after inexplicably cutting their screen time by 30%. i mean this entire dumb convoluted idea of going north to capture a walker to convince Cersei to sign an armistice thus drastically changing the trajectory of the season took place over a 5 minute dinner table conversation.
    It's really infuriating when they try to use their truncated seasons as an excuse for all the shortcutting and shenanigans, because they chose to truncate their last seasons. President of HBO is like "Uh, we'd really prefer full seasons and even more of them. Please?" I hate these showrunners so much.

This episode was pretty hilarious to me. There were, what, at least 5 instances of a human dramatically dying... and each time, I was like "Oh! Who was that? ...Oh. Just another redshirt we don't see in the group shots of them walking until they need someone (but not a real character) to die.

And we have the most egregious teleporting in the entire series this episode, with Gendry marathoning to the wall, a raven teleporting to Dragonstone, and Daenerys teleporting to the wall all in the span of a single night. I'd be less annoyed if they just gave everyone iphones and teleportation macguffins.

P.S. The third dragon (Rhaegal?) disappeared after their dramatic entrance. Didn't leave and wasn't at the wall afterwards. Wtf.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Let's not forget they went from having entire manuscripts to basically just a storyboard outline of a story. Not surprised the showrunners don't know exactly how to tie everything together in the span of a year when GRRM himself has been writing for years and still hasn't gotten there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Let's not forget they went from having entire manuscripts to basically just a storyboard outline of a story. Not surprised the showrunners don't know exactly how to tie everything together in the span of a year when GRRM himself has been writing for years and still hasn't gotten there.
    I don't buy this excuse. This is an HBO show, the same network that created The Wire, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, Rome, etc. They've always been the pinnacle of television writing quality.

GoT's writers are the exception in having no idea how to write. Let's be honest. lol

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    It's really infuriating when they try to use their truncated seasons as an excuse for all the shortcutting and shenanigans, because they chose to truncate their last seasons. President of HBO is like "Uh, we'd really prefer full seasons and even more of them. Please?" I hate these showrunners so much.

This episode was pretty hilarious to me. There were, what, at least 5 instances of a human dramatically dying... and each time, I was like "Oh! Who was that? ...Oh. Just another redshirt we don't see in the group shots of them walking until they need someone (but not a real character) to die.

And we have the most egregious teleporting in the entire series this episode, with Gendry marathoning to the wall, a raven teleporting to Dragonstone, and Daenerys teleporting to the wall all in the span of a single night. I'd be less annoyed if they just gave everyone iphones and teleportation macguffins.

P.S. The third dragon (Rhaegal?) disappeared after their dramatic entrance. Didn't leave and wasn't at the wall afterwards. Wtf.
    That's because the Showrunners are eager to make their Confederate Show. GoT needed at least a full two seasons including this one to really close it out properly. This does feel rushed.

A. Body
    BG Level

fuckin youtube title spoiled the episode for me, now I have to watch it

how is the video/audio quality of the leak?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Jesus christ does no one read.

Perfect video in both versions. 720p has shit audio, 1080p is good.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wait, how is the quality again?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post

Just imagine how much more time they coulda saved if someone gave benjen a cellphone so they could've called him and told him to go down to kings landing instead of wight hunting

BG Level

I don't buy this excuse. This is an HBO show, the same network that created The Wire, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, Rome, etc. They've always been the pinnacle of television writing quality.

GoT's writers are the exception in having no idea how to write. Let's be honest. lol
    in fairness they've written some great scenes, even original ones

even just last episode the Tarly execution sequence very adeptly displayed the moral ambiguity by which the is world is defined. a brave and kind young man dying for what he thinks is right as his father, whom we have been taught to hate, attempts to save him out of love, their deaths being affected by our erstwhile protagonist. it was Game at its best. also Davos being very funny this season is likewise Game at its best.

that said they have really struggled without Martin's narrative template to craft a compelling and logically consistent plot. the pacing has absolutely fallen apart, their characterization now consists of an endless "remember that time your family did this thing to my family" spam, and the artifice behind a lot of the conflict they are drumming up is painfully apparent in its sausageness.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not an excuse. It's an explanation. Point being that D&D are usually hit or miss without the source material.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast