Closed Thread
Page 53 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    That's because the Showrunners are eager to make their Confederate Show. GoT needed at least a full two seasons including this one to really close it out properly. This does feel rushed.
    This might be the worst part. HBO would be happy for them to maintain the course and tell the story correctly for 3 full seasons or whatever it really requires. Instead we get this.

i get that it's probably a huge pain in the ass production to have to maintain for so long but on the other hand it's also making lots of people very rich so...

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Here is to them ending GoT in such a spectacularly bad fashion that they sink their HBO original show before it even begins due to fanatical GoT fandom that feels slighted.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    i get that it's probably a huge pain in the ass production to have to maintain for so long but on the other hand it's also making lots of people very rich so...
    Yeah. And they said they would do it knowing the depth and length of the story. If it's just Dave and Buster who are complaining they should get new show runners. I guess it's a more complicated problem without a solution if all of these key actors are agitating for it to end to free them for other projects. I can't imagine that would be the case though

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

All (most) the key actors have mostly managed to star in shitty flop movies. They should enjoy their GoT stardom lol

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    All (most) the key actors have mostly managed to star in shitty flop movies. They should enjoy their GoT stardom lol
    That's why I can't see that being the case. This will be the career highlight for most of them

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    in fairness they've written some great scenes, even original ones

even just last episode the Tarly execution sequence very adeptly displayed the moral ambiguity by which the is world is defined. a brave and kind young man dying for what he thinks is right as his father, whom we have been taught to hate, attempts to save him out of love, their deaths being affected by our erstwhile protagonist. it was Game at its best. also Davos being very funny this season is likewise Game at its best.

that said they have really struggled without Martin's narrative template to craft a compelling and logically consistent plot. the pacing has absolutely fallen apart, their characterization now consists of an endless "remember that time your family did this thing to my family" spam, and the artifice behind a lot of the conflict they are drumming up is painfully apparent in its sausageness.
    There have definitely been some great additions throughout the seasons. Robert and Cersei, Tywin and Arya, Varys and Littlefinger. That's been the show's main advantage: being unrestricted by first person PoV, and showing us how other people are interacting. I'd say the instances of it being done well have been fairly infrequent, though, especially in later seasons.

I disagree that the Tarly execution was well-written. Tarly refuses Daenerys' authority to make him take the black, but Westerosi history is littered with examples of prisoners of war being compelled to do so. Randyll may as well have said "nuh uh."

This is also after Daenerys has met Jon Snow and knows of the Night's Watch's desperate plight. It could have been poetic to see xenophobic (apparently, even though he hires Essosi warlocks) Tarly having to fight alongside the wildlings, in the same institution he forced his heir into.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I haven't had a whiff of spoilers yet, I may change my tune if I do.

Really though where are you guys getting spoiled? Reddit/twitter/FB

I don't twitter anyways and don't go to the GoT subreddits during seasons. I guess I'm vulnerable to assholes on FB
    I've been spoiled on non GoT subreddits before. With a show this popular I don't want to take the chance.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I've been spoiled on non GoT subreddits before. With a show this popular I don't want to take the chance.
    Why aren't these jerks being downvoted to smithereens

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sometimes you get there before that happens

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wasn't there an FC in 14 named TyrionKillsTywin or something like that a few years back?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    There have definitely been some great additions throughout the seasons. Robert and Cersei, Tywin and Arya, Varys and Littlefinger. That's been the show's main advantage: being unrestricted by first person PoV, and showing us how other people are interacting. I'd say the instances of it being done well have been fairly infrequent, though, especially in later seasons.

I disagree that the Tarly execution was well-written. Tarly refuses Daenerys' authority to make him take the black, but Westerosi history is littered with examples of prisoners of war being compelled to do so. Randyll may as well have said "nuh uh."

This is also after Daenerys has met Jon Snow and knows of the Night's Watch's desperate plight. It could have been poetic to see xenophobic (apparently, even though he hires Essosi warlocks) Tarly having to fight alongside the wildlings, in the same institution he forced his heir into.
    iunno i find that a little nitpicky and not at all the point of the scene. disregarding that Dany probably only has the most limited understanding of Night's Watch protocol the primary thrust was that this was her initial foray into the Westerosi mainland, her first battle with the opposition, the first step of her conquest. what she required more than anything else was to establish her dominance. the visual language of the scene strongly played to this as well as we see so few prisoners kneel before her initially, then a great many kneel after the Tarly execution, then all and sundry kneel after the unfurling of dragonmight. it is why she chose dragonfire, the most spectacular means of execution, it is why she asked for allegiance rather than imprisoning them, and why she chose to execute the leadership. the entire theatrical display was designed to break the will of resistance and force the submission of the enemy force with minimal loss of human life, just as Aegon did when he defeated Westerosi armies.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Wasn't there an FC in 14 named TyrionKillsTywin or something like that a few years back?
    Also some dick, whos been banned now, spoiled this for me in this very thread because he didn't use spoilers. We weren't even up to that season yet

I'm pretty sure it was after that that the big all caps book spoilers thing was added on.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

wait they are really speeding it up because they just want to be done with it? I thought they were shortening it to save money because of upcoming massive CGI costs. fucking whackackackackack

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    wait they are really speeding it up because they just want to be done with it? I thought they were shortening it to save money because of upcoming massive CGI costs. fucking whackackackackack
    Yeah no the creators wasnt out lol. HBO wants more. I'm sure they would throw more money at them for the budget

probably a little of both

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

HBO would fund the fuck out of 40 more episodes of this and 10 spinoffs.

D&D are over it and it's showing in the story quality.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

what a bunch of dickholes

The Anti Miz

BG Level

lets tear down some GoT statues my dudes

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    lets tear down some GoT statues my dudes
    Only if I can bring my pink bat and purple shield.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast