Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That was a decent opening episode. Don't know what people are complaining about.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    That was a decent opening episode. Don't know what people are complaining about.
    Yeah, this. Fuckit, just have night king, dragons, and dany have a fight in the first ep to make people happy... ?

premiere was worth it just for the hound moments, we missed you buddy

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hopefully now all the characters are fleshed out it's just balls out action from here to the end.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative reactions I'm seeing to the Ed Sheeran cameo. I was fine with it. He didn't do anything of consequence or ham it up or anything. Nobody seemed to care when Coldplay cameod in arguably the most important scene of the series in the Red Wedding.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

GoT has a history of musicians having a cameo. I don't see the big deal either.

People bitching about muh immersion in a show with dragons, zombies and assassin shadow babies.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Well, Coldplay is a bunch of basic white dudes most people can't recognize. Ed Sheeran sticks out like a redwood in a desert.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

well when ed sheeran showed up I texted 3 different people "what the fuck i think ed sheeran aka the garfield of pussy is in this" and I didn't know coldplay was in their episode until after it aired SO WHAT UP

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I didn't hate Ed Sheeran as much as I hated the scene. It dragged and wasted time.

Also, you guys not knowing that Jorah dipped on Mini-Aerys is unforgivable. "I order you to find a cure".

Can't wait for Jaejae to kill Daeny. Gonna be the best day of internet ever.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Way to be wrong. That scene was great character development for Arya. It showed her that not literally all Lannister soldiers are bad and that she probably needs to temper her killing spree a bit. She sat down planning to kill them all but ended up eating and drinking with them because they were just soldiers who would rather be back with their families.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Didn't know who the guy was and didn't even realize it was a cameo until after the episode. I'd say it was one of the least problematic scenes in the episode. Pretty good human interaction and humanization for Arya, IMO.

The only other scenes of the episode I enjoyed much were the Hound/Brotherhood scene, Brienne/Tormund, and Cersei/Euron. In almost every other scene, I had to completely turn my brain off... which is par for the course, I guess, and why I'm pretty apathetic toward the show now, in contrast to most other HBO fare that is intellectually stimulating rather than reductive.

Daenerys' landing at Dragonstone fell completely flat for me, in what should have been an emotionally riveting sequence. Stannis left Dragonstone completely undefended? No skeleton force? If so, why did the crown not seize it as a defensive multiplier? Regardless, why on earth would Daenerys be the first through the breach? If there were people there, she would be dead.

Arya's Red Wedding 2.0 reinforces my belief that something similar, but far more structured, will be executed in the books by the Brotherhood. In the show... I guess killing a notoriously large family in their own castle is a one person job? Combined with her apparent seizure of the kitchen and baking of a Frey pie all by herself without anyone noticing, the show is complete rule-of-cool fan fiction now. It was a fun scene, to be sure, but there's no internal logic or consistency to this universe anymore. Anything fans want to happen will happen.

Sam's 5 minute poop joke montage is exactly the humor and wasted time I've come to expect from David "Themes are for 8th grade book reports" Benioff and Dan Weiss.

I agreed with Sansa in the context of the show, although both had merit, but the entire argument was kind of contrived, and something that would happen in the pre-meeting, not the meeting. You would think Jon would be a little more gracious to Sansa, considering she's -- as far as they know -- the real rightful heir to Winterfell. Sansa saying she "learned" a lot from Cersei is a little eyebrow raising.

Genuinely enjoyed Euron's portrayal in this episode, in contrast to last season, and despite him being a different character from the book. The actor's putting in a lot of effort, and I'm hopeful that he'll be genuinely menacing.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

the scene was fine in establishing that many of these poor shmucks are just "are troops". but being like "what the fuck is that ed sheeran, the guy who is in love with the taste of poo?" did not help the beginning of it at all

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Way to be wrong. That scene was great character development for Arya. It showed her that not literally all Lannister soldiers are bad and that she probably needs to temper her killing spree a bit. She sat down planning to kill them all but ended up eating and drinking with them because they were just soldiers who would rather be back with their families.
    Listen, everyone is Hitler, winter is coming and I wanna see more insane shit. Save this expositional snooze patrol for the spin off.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Honestly though, it makes more sense for Ed Sheeran to be on GoT than it does for him to be making reggaeton "fuck your girl" club songs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Listen, everyone is Hitler, winter is coming and I wanna see more insane shit. Save this expositional snooze patrol for the spin off.
    Bruh, you know better than to expect that in a season opener.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

By the way, where was Edmure Tully? Did Arya just leave her uncle to die of starvation with the Twins empty and him in a cell? lmfao.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't mind the Ed Sheeran cameo, his natural look is suited to 16th century hair upkeep technology.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    By the way, where was Edmure Tully? Did Arya just leave her uncle to die of starvation with the Twins empty and him in a cell? lmfao.
    Hopefully. The amount of bitching I deal with when he's on screen because of Outlander is too damn high.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Presumably he is still at Riverrun? I don't recall if he returned to The Twins with Jamie in last season's finale.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast