FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I thought something felt a little odd about his look
    Well they changed him before s6, so...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Unrelated to all the bitching, but it really bothered me that Sansa was talking shit about Jon losing the Battle of the Bastards when he went into that battle thinking it was suicide in the first place. She basically forced him to fight it and she hid the fact that she requested help from Little Finger, now she's saying she won the battle? Fuck off.
    Sansa really should have told him an allied army was inbound but Jon didn't think it was suicide initially, they had the plan of fighting a defensive battle on selected ground that would protect their flanks to either side. that was thrown out the window when Jon went full Leeroy Jenkins after Rickon's murder and suicidally charged himself (and thus his troops) directly into the larger Bolton force which promptly flanked and encircled them. Jon did in fact behave terribly and lost that battle before the Vale saved him and his army.

really Jon being a terrible military commander was doubled down on in this episode. disregarding the initial idiocy of a plan calling for the King in the North to march beyond the Wall with a dozen dudes when he has thousands of wildlings and hundreds of Night's Watchmen at his disposal, he promptly sends Gendry, a southerner who had probably never even seen snow before and has 0 experience with the north or the terrain beyond the Wall, back to Eastwatch by himself because he can do the fast running. Jon then proceeds to not jump on the giant flamey dragon so he can fight off a handful of 1-at-a-time wights and get farther and farther away from safety before changing his mind at the last moment and running back to the giant flamey invincible to wights dragon before getting dunked.

it's kind of hilarious Dany receives so much hate for not being as competent or intelligent as people want while all of Jon's military decisions have been pants on head retarded and he's consistently acted like a suicidal hot-headed moron that i wouldn't follow into a Subway line nonetheless battle

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Jon is prettier than dany tho

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

if they are fire and ice and they have a baby will it be water

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    if they are fire and ice and they have a baby will it be water
    I hate you.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It'll be purple.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Aquamarine*

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Sansa really should have told him an allied army was inbound but Jon didn't think it was suicide initially, they had the plan of fighting a defensive battle on selected ground that would protect their flanks to either side. that was thrown out the window when Jon went full Leeroy Jenkins after Rickon's murder and suicidally charged himself (and thus his troops) directly into the larger Bolton force which promptly flanked and encircled them. Jon did in fact behave terribly and lost that battle before the Vale saved him and his army.

really Jon being a terrible military commander was doubled down on in this episode. disregarding the initial idiocy of a plan calling for the King in the North to march beyond the Wall with a dozen dudes when he has thousands of wildlings and hundreds of Night's Watchmen at his disposal, he promptly sends Gendry, a southerner who had probably never even seen snow before and has 0 experience with the north or the terrain beyond the Wall, back to Eastwatch by himself because he can do the fast running. Jon then proceeds to not jump on the giant flamey dragon so he can fight off a handful of 1-at-a-time wights and get farther and farther away from safety before changing his mind at the last moment and running back to the giant flamey invincible to wights dragon before getting dunked.

it's kind of hilarious Dany receives so much hate for not being as competent or intelligent as people want while all of Jon's military decisions have been pants on head retarded and he's consistently acted like a suicidal hot-headed moron that i wouldn't follow into a Subway line nonetheless battle
    Jon's decisions always put himself at risk because that's how he leads; by example. He doesn't ask people to do anything he isn't willing to do himself. He waited to get on the dragon because if he'd been the first on, someone else would've died. I don't really think he changed his mind either, he was just trying to get Dany to go before another dragon got speared.

Edit: It also wasn't Jon who told his army to break formation and charge the Bolton army, it was Davos.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Jon is prettier than dany tho
    Gay disagreement. Jon don't do a thing for me

Missandei is still Westerosi Top Model, though

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Jon: "Fall back!"

You're on a rock in the middle of a frozen lake, fall back where!?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I love AG's whataboutisms as his defense for Dany.

BG Level

and i love that you're too dim to realize that was a comment on the audience not a defense of Dany.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Jon's decisions always put himself at risk because that's how he leads; by example. He doesn't ask people to do anything he isn't willing to do himself. He waited to get on the dragon because if he'd been the first on, someone else would've died. I don't really think he changed his mind either, he was just trying to get Dany to go before another dragon got speared.

Edit: It also wasn't Jon who told his army to break formation and charge the Bolton army, it was Davos.
    never said he wasn't brave, just that he was dumb as a bag of rocks.

but you are right Davos chose to charge the army and save his life. Jon's idea was just to die futilely and leave his army leaderless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Gay disagreement. Jon don't do a thing for me
    in a thread full of hot takes this is scorching. Jon is after all prettier than half of Craster's daughters.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

and i love that you're too dim to realize that was a comment on the audience not a defense of Dany.
    Still defending her from the perceptions of the audience. Word it how you want, it's a shitty way to make her sound better.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

you two are breaking my heart. STAHP IT

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Alright alright. Fine. Dany still sucks

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Still defending her from the perceptions of the audience. Word it how you want, it's a shitty way to make her sound better.
    it was not an attempt to make her sound better. when i attempted to make her sound better i mostly did so by explicitly defending her and making her sound better. that was more an attempt to make the audience sound worse. Jon, and to a lesser extent Tyrion, have for some reason mostly escaped criticism despite failing up and down this season and both being saved from utter ruin by dragon ex machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    you two are breaking my heart. STAHP IT
    but all we did was express our love for one another. y a veces amor es dolor.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Missandei is still Westerosi Top Model, though
    THANK YOU.

Gurl got ass for days too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

n a thread full of hot takes this is scorching. Jon is after all prettier than half of Craster's daughters.
    Podrick makes me feel things. Nothing leftover for Jon's undead self

BG Level

acceptable choices, but the one true king in my heart, now and forever

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

the truest handsome