Closed Thread
Page 101 of 158 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Yeah but more often than not the internet will band together and stick to one ending as being the most satisfying and when it isn't the ending that is picked, the internet rages.
    Yeah, that was my point of my other post. I expect it to backfire somehow

Or worse yet, DB and W fall prey to fan service and don't decide on which ending to use until it hits the air

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BG Level

Joffrey is a fair and kind King. I remember that and the Ramsay one from way back. Were there ever more made?

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Don't have any more of those funny ones, but this is going to be on the season 7 blueray, it looks awesome(better than the show itself)

wonder if it'll contain the complete Targ history, that would be really dope.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Vanity Fair reporting that director Miguel Sapochnik will be returning to direct two or possibly three episodes of season eight. Sapochnik is the director behind some of GOT's best episodes including "Hardhome", "Battle of the Bastards", and "The Winds of Winter". Sapochnik did not direct any episodes in season seven. David Nutter ("Rains of Castamere") will also return to direct two episodes. The speculation is that Weiss and Benioff want to direct the finale themselves.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

David Nutter is my boy, Miami film school baby

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Just read John Snow and Ygritte engaged in the real life

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pe...source=twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Finally caught up on the show last week. I kinda stopped after it got caught up to the books because deep down I want to read the books first. But we all know how the internet works and too many things were getting spoiled for me.

I can definitely tell D&D don't know how to right for the show without Martin. But I love so many of the actors they are helping it go along. I am still befuddled that

Spoiler: show
    Lady Stoneheart isn't in the show. I guess this was something Martin really suggested they should put in, but were all "nah."

Also comet.

I am not surprised about Rickon's death, though. They really aged him too much (understandably) at the start of the show they didn't know wtf to do with him.

I just hope the show doesn't influence Martin to change his story.

Hell, I just hope the show pisses him off enough that he finally finishes the damn thing.

one thing I noticed mentioned way back that people were upset about the lack of main character death: I get that but at the same time many more characters have died in the show that haven't died in the books yet.

Martin saving it all for last.

Which means we'll never get to see anyone die in the books.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You're missing the point of the complaints.

People are upset that no major characters died this season. The plot armor on the title characters was far too thick and resulted in a duller experience for many people, myself included.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A lot of people did complain that no major characters died but so many of those same people collectively puckered their buttholes and gasped when The Mountain pulled his sword on Jamie.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I just hope the show doesn't influence Martin to change his story.

Hell, I just hope the show pisses him off enough that he finally finishes the damn thing.
    Roughly 0% chance of him changing the book storyline as a result of the show, given how passive aggressive he is toward the show's writing and choices.

The most he'll do is expand a little on side characters like Osha going forward, since he enjoyed her actress' portrayal.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    You're missing the point of the complaints.

People are upset that no major characters died this season. The plot armor on the title characters was far too thick and resulted in a duller experience for many people, myself included.
    My point is that considering more people have died in the TV show than the books, there really is no reason to believe we were missing out on some death had they followed Martin. I really think all of that is going to happen in the last book, too.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My point is that considering more people have died in the TV show than the books, there really is no reason to believe we were missing out on some death had they followed Martin. I really think all of that is going to happen in the last book, too.
    I disagree.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Have you... read the books?

There's perhaps not a single plotline that's even reminiscent of (or projected to be) what we're getting in the show.

Literally not one. They've butterflied away the entire story, aside from maybe the overarching idea that the White Walkers will breach the Wall, and even that is going to be utterly different, if foreshadowing is any indication (or the showrunners' admittance that the journey beyond the Wall, and the dragon's zombification, was made up by them as a means to bring the Wall down [because they've butterflied away how it will happen in the books]).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Have you... read the books?
    All of them.

And were you upset by the lack of deaths in the books?

Listen, of course the shit has changed like crazy. But people in the thread acting like the books are awesome (fwiw I think they are, too), and pissed about the changes. Yet they want even more deaths that haven't happened in the books meaning even more changes. What reason do we have to expect a major death when these characters aren't even dying in the books? I actually wonder how well bg people remember the books regarding this.

Here's a list (obvious book spoilers if you click):

http://mentalfloss.com/article/65078...ll-alive-books

List doesn't include since it's before season 7.

Spoiler: show
    Littlefinger

I'm guessing they have basically used up everyone. Probably more valid complaint was killing too many people in the earlier seasons which means not enough are left.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd say it all falls to the entire execution of episode 6, where among other things there was bs plot armors. Besides, Beric and Sandor could have died safely(should have way back).

Beric actually is a very special case, his plot is all over the place. I guess they thought he was a very cool character to keep around, and I don't disagree I was disappointed on his last death, but still it's a bit strange to keep him and cancel the LS plotline(which I think was also the last straw that made Martin quit working on the show iirc).

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I'd say it all falls to the entire execution of episode 6, where among other things there was bs plot armors. Besides, Beric and Sandor could have died safely(should have way back).

Beric actually is a very special case, his plot is all over the place. I guess they thought he was a very cool character to keep around, and I don't disagree I was disappointed on his last death, but still it's a bit strange to keep him and cancel the LS plotline(which I think was also the last straw that made Martin quit working on the show iirc).
    It's to keep things simple for the TV viewers.

I guarantee the book readers here remember more than you do about this series, some of us have been reading it for nearly 20 years.

One reason ASOIAF is great is because other characters work themselves to the fore in a cycle after others die. A good example is how we get more Greyjoy perspectives and Connington as the first round of major character deaths fade away. We get Sam chapters, Davos chapters, Brianne chapters, and even Jaime chapters. This evolution of perspective is why I love his writing so much. The standard plot armor model is ignored. It's not about how MANY people die. It's WHO dies and WHERE and WHY. One of the gravest errors in the show in Dorne (besides the obviouslolsandsnakes) was the wasting of Areo Hotah's character. A stoic character we get a perspective from and shows us the strain on Doran Martell from his kin and his plotting to plant Quentyn near Daenerys is pissed away in the show as an ancillary nobody with an axe.

What we (or I rather) want is a quality meaningful end for characters. As mentioned earlier, Beric Dondarrion could have had a noble final death having passed the torch of the Azor Ahai to Jon. Sacrificing himself to save the many. It would fit his character and the story better than Jon just wighting around and MOAR DARGONS.

The cheapening of deaths is why we get riled.

Zetanio sums it up. I did not have problem with LF dying, I had a problem with him being turned into a mustache twirling villain that was standing in dark corners and the logic of the whole trial

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Either Jaime or Bronn should've died in the water. They showed that episode ending like Jaime was for sure a goner, only to have him pop up on the shore 5 seconds into the next episode. Shit like that is dumb writing and it pisses people off.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Zetanio sums it up. I did not have problem with LF dying, I had a problem with him being turned into a mustache twirling villain that was standing in dark corners and the logic of the whole trial
    Pretty good video about that: