+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone here use Scott's Cheap Flights for their travels? I subscribe with Ari at Fly Almost Free and I always wonder if Scott's utilizes Google algorithms any differently.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Sick. Wife went to Palawan last time so we were gonna do Boracay next. It's crazy beautiful out there and people have no idea.
    Lol since we went to Boracay last time wife wants Palawan next. Bon voyage and enjoy the beauty!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

My cousin is getting married in Woodside, CA in August. Wife and I were thinking of making a vacation out of it as long as we budget well enough. We'd plan on staying in that area until Sunday (wedding on Sat.) and then take off to do some sightseeing.

Anything people recommend? Not looking to do Disney, Universal, or any of that stuff. Was thinking Sequoias, Yosemite, Death Valley? I've done San Diego, LA, Venice Beach before and my wife doesn't have any interest in going to LA.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Monterey Aquarium based on proximity of where the wedding is at. Tahoe. Then there's Moro Bay, Big Sur Pismo Beach, Hearst Castle, Santa Barbara is all along the Central coast. Trains run along the coast but probably would require a car rental at each stop.

Also because it's August, I'd stay coastal because chances are it will be 100°F+ in the central valley.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Last time we were there we went to the Griffith Observatory and it was pretty dope.

We will be travelling in Thessaloniki (April 2020), and will need to rent car in Greece for 2 weeks of touring. Has anyone dealt with car rental companies recently? Any other suggestions?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Perdido Key is nice and away from a lot of the Florida nonsense.

If you aren’t doing any of the normal Florida tourist stuff like disney, then why Florida? There’s much better beach cities in other states.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm with tyche. Our beaches are okay, but our main attractions are the tourist spots, and if you're not going for that then dont bother coming for so long.

Personally, I'd spend a week in Orlando doing SeaWorld for a day, and then I'd pick either disney or universal studios, and do that for 2 or 3 days with a day off in between. Dont do both cause you'll definitely get theme park overloaded lol. You can also spend a day or two in orlando doing shopping or local attractions, but your choices there depend on the age group of everyone going.

I'd also spend a week in the keys, but not more than 2 or 3 days in any particular key island. Beaches get boring fast. Plenty of beautiful sights from Key largo down, and key west is the main tourist spot with plenty of adult entertainment. Some kid stuff but they'd get bored and youd wish they weren't with you lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Stay away from the beaches near major cities like Miami or ft Lauderdale. They're neat cities and the atmosphere is great, but you seem to also want actually nice water and neither beach has that. The keys actually have nice beaches assuming the weather is nice. Gulf coast beaches are neat too. The jupiter beach area is also quite neat but the towns around there are dreadfully boring and not worth visiting lmao.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Fam, I'm headed to Poland in May for at least a little over a week. I'll be with friends at least four of the days, and one of the four will be in Poznan to see Wardruna. Other than that I have a lot of time for myself. I'll have a car and will at least be travelling from Bialystok through Warsaw to Poznan. Any recommendations on what to hit up?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Super old, pre-covid bump.

Wife is having a baby in mid-late May and wants one of those "babymoon" things. I'm not hyperaware of the travel restrictions for pregnancy, but from my cursory google, just don't do it into the 3rd trimester. So, late Februaryish, early March would be the latest.

She wants to go somewhere "tropical". Not fucking Florida. Doesn't have to be US, but would like to have decent healthcare access in case, God forbid, something happen.

Any suggestions on what would be a good vacation spot in mid to late February that's tropical? Initial thought was Hawaii (we've never been), French Polynesia, or maybe Turks and Caicos. A place to lounge around, me get drunk, and not have to focus on much of anything would be preferred.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

new zealand, azores, singapore, cancun, phuket, barbados

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hawaii would probably be the best imo. Also less likely to run into any language barriers of something did happen and you needed medical care.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Take her to the Rainforest Cafe and tell her she wanted to go somewhere tropical. Then tell her about the real trip. lol

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Hawaii would probably be the best imo. Also less likely to run into any language barriers of something did happen and you needed medical care.
    orrrrrrr do your kid a solid and get them some 'jus soli' birthright citizenship in some places like:
    antigua and barbuda
    argentina
    barbados
    belize
    costa rica
    ecuador
    fiji
    saint lucia
    saint vincent
    tanzania
    trinidad

all of these are tropical and nice in february and you get the bonus of your kid being dual citizenship effortlessly.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

hey hun i know we were talking about a babymoon trip but hear me out, what if instead you had the baby in Ecuador

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

My guy I know Florida has a rap but do not travel international with your pregnant wife. Just stick to the west coast of Florida or the US and do something fun n chill.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    hey hun i know we were talking about a babymoon trip but hear me out, what if instead you had the baby in Ecuador
    enjoy ur no escape when kanye takes it in 2024 and wont let doctors leave the country!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    enjoy ur no escape when kanye takes it in 2024 and wont let doctors leave the country!
    i honestly really like the idea especially ecuador and argentina. it was just amusing imagining Tyche proposing it

Heading to Ottawa on Saturday. Going to be in town a few days and I'm looking for places to eat/visit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag