Closed Thread
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Didn't want to update the TFS thread, but HOLY fuck his had me cracking up...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Saw this today in my discord. im fucking dead.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Interesting.

Spoiler: show
    So Vegetto is stronger than Beerus.
    I came to that conclusion ages ago. Makes no sense for Goku to even be able to trade fists w/ Berrerus if he was stronger than Vegetto, but again, doesn't mean shit when the Fusion doesn't last any amount of time

On a side note, from some of the vids/info I've been seeing, it's not too outrageous that Goku is going ssjblue vs all these characters.

It's not that they're as strong as ssjblue. It's that Goku is lowering himself to their level by going blue. Blue seems to have the greatest degree of Ki control by far; where as going ssj2 or ssj3, Goku would have just outright killed Krillin, 17, etc. Going ssjblue, Goku is able to much more accurately mimick/match the power/strength of his opponents (while still having that max output at any point he wants)

So yes, Goku needed to transform to blue to fight Krillin and 17, but not for the reasons people would have assumed "Omg there's no way 17 or krillin can be strong enough for Goku to need blue"

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo Vegetto doe!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I came to that conclusion ages ago. Makes no sense for Goku to even be able to trade fists w/ Berrerus if he was stronger than Vegetto, but again, doesn't mean shit when the Fusion doesn't last any amount of time

On a side note, from some of the vids/info I've been seeing, it's not too outrageous that Goku is going ssjblue vs all these characters.

It's not that they're as strong as ssjblue. It's that Goku is lowering himself to their level by going blue. Blue seems to have the greatest degree of Ki control by far; where as going ssj2 or ssj3, Goku would have just outright killed Krillin, 17, etc. Going ssjblue, Goku is able to much more accurately mimick/match the power/strength of his opponents (while still having that max output at any point he wants)

So yes, Goku needed to transform to blue to fight Krillin and 17, but not for the reasons people would have assumed "Omg there's no way 17 or krillin can be strong enough for Goku to need blue
    I like this train of thought. Legit makes sense.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I like this train of thought. Legit makes sense.
    WHAT!? Dbz making sense!? Heresy I say!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

LUL GOHAN LUL

Orochi Roshi seems quite badass.

And Caulifla is a kid? I thought she's a teen. or so it looks like ones in the OP/previous pictures, but looks like a kid here.

edit: on second thought she'll probably go hulk/huge upon transforming

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Gohan fans be like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MYSTIC IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Gohan fans be like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MYSTIC IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
    facts

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

OUR BABY BOY IS BACK!

Piccolo proving that once again, he's the greatest warrior in the series, and probably the greatest person. Wise, kind, caring and strong, but absolutely insightful and savage when he has to be. He understands the difference between a fighter like Goku and a warrior. A fighter exists to trade blows and talk about how strong the other guy is and how much fun it is. A warrior exists to WIN THE FIGHT. If Piccolo was as strong as the goddamn sayians throughout the show, all of the villians would have been dead far, far more quickly.

Drinking to you tonight, Piccolo. You're the father we all need.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've learned not to get my hopes up, Gohan will just get shit on again...just like my dreams :/

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

NEVER COUNT OUT GOHAN WHEN BEING TRAINED BY PICCOLO

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I don't know if you guys have followed the art direction at all, but it looks like Gohan is on the precipice of learning to tap into God Ki. His Ultimate "transformation" showed off the same white particle effects as SSG/SSB/SSR/SS Rage (trunks). If anyone is gonna get a megaboost its gonna be Gohan. I have high hopes for him this arc, as it looks like Toei is bringing everyone back into the same relative ranges with their compatriots.

Also, amazing callback to the sayain saga with the T-Rex.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HEz3DHrudZ...0/dbz11-11.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The T-Rex legit made me lol. Food for thought: Originally Gohan was supposed to replace Goku as the main character of DBZ at the end of the Buu saga. What if Toriyama is going for that route with the ToP/whatever comes after? I´d personally hate it but I´m sure there´s tons of people who´d love it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally.

FINALLY.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I mean... ignoring the fucking bullshit that was him going from scrub to SSJ2 to Mystic in like a couple hours >_>. Much hype for mah boy Gohan again. Hopefully this isn't some lame ass cocktease and he really does surpass his old self and even potentially go into God Ki territory

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I mean... ignoring the fucking bullshit that was him going from scrub to SSJ2 to Mystic in like a couple hours >_>. Much hype for mah boy Gohan again. Hopefully this isn't some lame ass cocktease and he really does surpass his old self and even potentially go into God Ki territory
    I think the big thing is that Gohan has been shown to be training off screen since the ROF arc. You see him with Piccolo before the U6/U7 Tourney, coming back at the end of the Goku Black Arc, and him finally getting his shit together this arc. He's been training as often as possible for the past two years it looks like.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is THEY AREN'T FUCKING USING THE HYPERBOLIC TIME CHAMBER HOLY FUCK GUYS.

I think we see Goku get a new form, Gohan gets his version of SSJ Rage, and Vegeta masters SSB like Gohan and Goku mastered SSJ in the cell games. All signs point to many of the Z-Fighters coming back to prominence and Toei has been on point with the fan service with Super.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    I think the big thing is that Gohan has been shown to be training off screen since the ROF arc. You see him with Piccolo before the U6/U7 Tourney, coming back at the end of the Goku Black Arc, and him finally getting his shit together this arc. He's been training as often as possible for the past two years it looks like.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is THEY AREN'T FUCKING USING THE HYPERBOLIC TIME CHAMBER HOLY FUCK GUYS.

I think we see Goku get a new form, Gohan gets his version of SSJ Rage, and Vegeta masters SSB like Gohan and Goku mastered SSJ in the cell games. All signs point to many of the Z-Fighters coming back to prominence and Toei has been on point with the fan service with Super.
    I seriously fucking hope Vegeta mastered SSB a long ass time ago or how´s he gonna keep up with Mr. I´ll casually pop SSB Kaioken Goku? Vegeta needs a new form in the ToP. SSB2 or whatever that is at least close to Kaioken SSB.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    I seriously fucking hope Vegeta mastered SSB a long ass time ago or how´s he gonna keep up with Mr. I´ll casually pop SSB Kaioken Goku? Vegeta needs a new form in the ToP. SSB2 or whatever that is at least close to Kaioken SSB.
    I think they don't have the same level of mastery as Gohan and Goku did when they got out of the ROSAT, especially watching Goku and Vegeta through the past few arcs and with the manga as well (since toryiama has worked closer with Toyotaro).

Goku's always been the type to break his body and his limits in the pursuit of power, Vegeta's always been the one to beat you with the form he's mastered, and Gohan's always had limitless potential but caved to mental fortitude and gets the hugest rage boost.

My prediction is Goku gets a new limitbreaking transformation, Vegeta gets a mastery of SSB that lets him fight against SSBKK Goku and Gohan gets the "mystic" version of SSJ Ikari. Gohan is also going to get the saving throw for Vegeta and Goku to win the tournament.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    I think they don't have the same level of mastery as Gohan and Goku did when they got out of the ROSAT, especially watching Goku and Vegeta through the past few arcs and with the manga as well (since toryiama has worked closer with Toyotaro).

Goku's always been the type to break his body and his limits in the pursuit of power, Vegeta's always been the one to beat you with the form he's mastered, and Gohan's always had limitless potential but caved to mental fortitude and gets the hugest rage boost.

My prediction is Goku gets a new limitbreaking transformation, Vegeta gets a mastery of SSB that lets him fight against SSBKK Goku and Gohan gets the "mystic" version of SSJ Ikari. Gohan is also going to get the saving throw for Vegeta and Goku to win the tournament.
    What if they don't win tho? That'd certainly throw a screw in the plans.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Good, Dragonball ends. We can all move on.

As for the return of Gohan, I wouldn't get my hopes up either. The LUL reason here is this.

"You can win, Gohan"
    "ok"
    ??
    And he unlocks, more or less.

The first thing he does after unlocking?
    "Lets go work on some tag team tactics"

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast