BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The Angels are obviously plotting something, it's just a matter of what and why they need the universes erased.
    So they can remove all potential threats out there.

Zeno gave 0 fucks about erasing U9...sheesh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So they can remove all potential threats out there.
    Doesn't seem logical since they removed 4 universes from participating in the tournament and Zeno can erase people/universes on a whim.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I agree. The first 3/4th of this episode was U9 dogs laughing. But the last 1/4th was awesome.
    Last quarter, especially with the erasing of the universe was great. So ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    Doesn't seem logical since they removed 4 universes from participating in the tournament and Zeno can erase people/universes on a whim.
    Not only that, but the 4 universes that were exempt are the strongest/most developed/etc universes too.

This tournament makes me pretty excited to actually watch DB every week again. Haven't been excited about DB since I was a kid lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The Angels are obviously plotting something, it's just a matter of what and why they need the universes erased.
    We'll have to see how others react once their universes are erased I think. U9 Kai and GoD were trash tier, maybe he was just smirking because their scheming backfired and now he's free of their shit?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I kinda felt bad for the U9 fighters, at least the trio. There was that little filler bit before the start of the tourney where they were looking for fighters still and just had the trio. They looked so glum that they weren't able to find anyone else strong enough to help save their universe. Then the God of Destruction up and destroys a world because no one on it was strong enough, making them sadder.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel sorry for the bunny girl, I wanted to make her my new favourite :c I guess I'll just stick to rooting for Caulifla instead.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    We'll have to see how others react once their universes are erased I think. U9 Kai and GoD were trash tier, maybe he was just smirking because their scheming backfired and now he's free of their shit?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I kinda felt bad for the U9 fighters, at least the trio. There was that little filler bit before the start of the tourney where they were looking for fighters still and just had the trio. They looked so glum that they weren't able to find anyone else strong enough to help save their universe. Then the God of Destruction up and destroys a world because no one on it was strong enough, making them sadder.
    Seems to me like what's-his-face (Arch Angel or whatever he's called) has been the one pushing for universe erasure the whole time, and the smirk from the U9 angel is just too Chekov's Gun-ish to me to be coincidence.

I felt bad for the trio but that was it. They got a shit universe with a shit Kai, got dragged into a shit situation, told they were the weakest universe, couldn't find anyone to help them fight, and then lost like they were told they would before the tournament even started.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I agree that Toriyama doesn't know wtf a red herring is, but if you want to use the Chekhov's Gun trope ad nauseum, then yeah: Great Priest is going to be the big bad, and Goku will definitely end up fighting him.

In the anime, Whis goes out of his way to tell Goku that Great Priest is one of the "top five" fighters in all universes, and much stronger than he or the other angels; in the manga he tells Goku that Great Priest is the outright strongest in all the multiverses.

We've never seen the series set a bar so high for Goku (or Vegeta) that he didn't stupidly put the lives of everyone at risk to scratch his super saiyan itch to fight that "strongest guy" -- it's the very reason this tournament is happening.

There's a lot of story/lore to explore as the tourney culminates. There's so little we actually know about the Great Priest, his motives, and his relation to his "children". E.g.:
    • Angels are currently spared from erasure, were they not when Zen-oh erased 6 of the original 18 universes? We've certainly only seen the current 12.
    • Whis calls Great Priest the angels' literal "father". Does Great Priest seek the end of Zen-oh (and control of the multiverse) as revenge for wantonly killing 6 of his "children"? Seems too simple, and not aligned with his enthusiasm to trim the fat of the weaker universes using the tourney.
    • The Great Priest doesn't wear his halo around his neck like a collar, which seems more than just a simple cosmetic difference.

I guess we'll start to find out in a dozen or so more episodes.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

I believe it's been mentioned at some point that angels go to sleep when they lack a god to supervise. It was why Whis didn't stop Zamasu after Kaioshin and thus Beerus died in future Trunks' timeline. The 6 other angels could just be napping since they have nothing better to do.

I'm so glad that the whole tournament is being used to setup an even greater arc - Mojito (the U9 Angel) grin said a lot.

It's pretty clear already that Zen-oh has no inherent evil inside of him, and he's being portrayed like a naive child which makes him exposed to cunning ploys. The Great Priest on the other hand fits the villain role perfectly - he also share that "tiny, non threatening" visual that a lot of powerful DB villain had in the past.
    Also, the fact that at the beginning of the ToP the writers took time to start defining the GoDs' power tiers could be another important hint at the upcoming fights.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well I guess 7 ate 9. Ending got real dark though

Spoiler: show

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

More shitposts from reddit

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I always felt the Priest was shady as all hell. He has a "just as planned" smugness about him that makes him untrustworthy.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I thought the episodes were up to around 108 already and I was shocked when there was no next button after 98.

Guess I'm caught up.

Now I'm here. Read about 10 pages back. I posted forever ago where to start etc and did the whole series on crunchyroll no movies, thanks for the advice on that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But the movies are the good versions of the first 20+ episodes haha

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

We definitely recommended doing the movies over the show!

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yes I know but it was my first experience with crunchyroll and took less effort.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I'd watch the Golden Freezer stuff for the return of Ginyu

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Finally caught up to episodes on crunchyroll. How often do new episodes come out?

weekly, usually out around 10PM-11:30pm Saturdays. Bar any weeks they take off.

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast