Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Basically, end of Cell Games Gohan.
    what? lol no; far from it.

There was no big boy pants to be found. He got cocky when he thought he was unbeatable, and then as soon as shit slipped and things looked in Cell's favor, he broke down and started to cry again

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

And then he talked to his dad and decided to fight even though he thought it was pointless. Kid was 11 and was blaming himself for his dad dying, plus he had a broken arm. I think it was acceptable for him to be crying at that point lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I said it when I first saw it on VHS and I still say it today.

What a bitch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I still wonder why the heck Cell wasn't in this tournament. He would have *loved* to participate, compared to Freeza who's coerced into and is a backstabber.

Though I guess it would have caused quite the issue with the two androids...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I still wonder why the heck Cell wasn't in this tournament. He would have *loved* to participate, compared to Freeza who's coerced into and is a backstabber.

Though I guess it would have caused quite the issue with the two androids...

I think in JP land Freeza is way more important then Cell

I know it probably means nothing, but remember that Freeza was suppose to be the series final boss

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's not that I don't like Freeza, I just wish there was both. Especially considering the uselesness of Tien.

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    It's not that I don't like Freeza, I just wish there was both. Especially considering the uselesness of Tien.
    Aside from the Japan hates Tien thing if they could make Roshi a badass they could have done the same with Tien but they just didn't try. Pretty much the same with Krillin but I guess they like him slightly more than Tien as it stands.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Cell would just mean more episodes focused on more characters. This 44min tournament is already going to take almost a year to complete, we don't need to cram more focus on additional characters at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly, I think the tournament would have been much better if it had only been 4 people per universe. Toei just isn't good enough to juggle 80 people at once.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

*shrugs* I'm enjoying it a lot as it is so far.

I think it's a good idea, but yeah they don't know how to pull it off but they're doing better than I expected. This format gives them opportunity to try different stuff and see how fans react and even if it falls flat (anything with Gohan, that sniper shit etc) they don't have to spend longer on it than they would with less people and more time per fight.

And with less people there's less chance for other characters to shine, not that they would given some shit but hey, better than nothing I guess.

Wouldn't the spirit bomb not work since it only destroys evil and Jiren isn't inherently evil to our knowledge?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Uh, since when does a spirit bomb only destroy evil?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

King Kai said it when he taught it to him. It only targets evil ki or something to that effect.

edit: Even in the episode with Vegeta, Goku says “Gohan. That thing is on our side. As long as you don’t have any evil in you, you should be able to bounce it back!”

If you have a pure heart you can just deflect it.

Yeah, SB is like... 1/10.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You guys have it backwards. It's the same silly rule for use of the Nimbus.
    To harness the Spirit Bomb's energy, the user must be pure of heart.

It's not the case that the Spirit Bomb can only deal damage to those with tainted hearts. It can hurt everything.

Also, the Spirit Bomb Goku makes at this tournament should be massive, no? This is the strongest collective of warriors in all universes, plus their gods of destruction, supreme kais, and angels.
    Typically he draws from the weakest of life forms en masse; the sum of these warriors' ki will be immense, even if he only takes a portion from those not on the battlefield.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Spirit Bomb takes life force (genki) instead of ki, which doesn't take very much (if at all) into account how strong the people who are donating. That's why Ultimate Gohan's energy alone wasn't enough to beat Kid Buu in the Buu saga. Logically, it shouldn't be very strong in this realm.

Plus, sapient beings have to give permission before their energy can be donated, so unless Goku works some kind of miracle convincing everyone that Jiren has to go down, he should only be able to get energy from U7.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shut up, it's gonna be yuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Shut up, it's gonna be yuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
    Huge and useless

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Based on those episode titles, yes, entirely.