Closed Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I think saying an hour is generous since normal episodes excluding OP/ED are around 19 minutes so I'd expect I guess 40 mins or so? I'd be super surprised if we got an hour since that's basically 3 episodes.
    Two episodes being broadcast is generally referred to as an hour because of the commercials, even if the way some people view it has the commercials cut out.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

To my understanding it's not a special at all. It's literally episodes 109 and 110 being played back to back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the intro and ED twice.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    To my understanding it's not a special at all. It's literally episodes 109 and 110 being played back to back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the intro and ED twice.
    This is the only way to describe what's coming Sunday. Hour long special is an hour long special. Double episodes are double episodes. Y'all should know this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

lmao for anyone that was hoping for shit with "Vegeta's Resolve"

Episode descriptions below

Spoiler: show
    109: The final phase of the Tournament of Power: the "strongest" go into action!

Universe 11's Jiren has remained silent up until now, but he finally enters the fray! Merely by rousing himself to fight, this formidable foe gives off a fearsomely intimidating air, and Goku challenges him to one-on-one combat!

The gods of Universe 11 give him the go-ahead!
    Sensing that this is the turning point, they order their ace-in-the-hole Jiren to battle.

Goku This Week: Using his ace-in-the-hole Genki Dama!**
    Even fighting as Super Saiyan Blue, Goku is unable to scratch Jiren, so he challenges him with his strongest special attack, the Genki Dama. Will it work against Jiren, who still seems to have power to spare?

Vegeta's amazed too!

110: Son Goku's eyes are silver...!! What in the world's going on?!

Witness a shock the like of which has never before been seen in DB history!!!

The "Tournament of Power" is heating up!! In this super-anticipated 1-hour special, Goku and the rest of Universe 7 wage a super-fierce battle against Universe 11!! And keep your eyes peeled for something big that's going to happen to Goku!!

Son Goku and Jiren the Grey finally get down to business!! What's more, Goku puts a new technique into operation?! Definitely pay attention to the "eyes" in the main visual!!

111: Extreme Battle of Another Dimension! Hit vs Jiren!!

After knocking back the Genki-Dama fired by Universe 7's Son Goku, Universe 11's Jiren faces off against Universe 6's Hit. Hit takes Jiren's attacks on purpose and thinks up a strategy. Hit then counters Jiren with his "Time-Skip", but it's of absolutely no effect.

112: A Saiyan's Pledge! Vegeta's Resolve!! LOL

Universe 6's Cabba battles Universe 4's Monna, so that the more powerful Caulifla and Kale will be able to challenge strong enemies in peak condition. Pushed back by Monna's attack, Cabba is almost knocked out of bounds but is saved by Universe 7's Vegeta. Vegeta tells his disciple Cabba to fight as a Saiyan, without regrets.

113: Gleefully! Fighting Maniac Saiyans Battle Once More!!

Universe 3 warriors go after Goku (who used up his stamina fighting Jiren), but Caulifla stops them and tells Goku to fight her. Goku readily agrees, but lacking the stamina to become Super Saiyan, he aims to increase his stamina while fighting.

114: Ghastly! Explosive Birth of a New Super Warrior!!

As Universe 6's Kale joins Caulifla to fight Goku, the tension rises as she is overwhelmed by Goku's attacks. She then transforms into a berserker Super Saiyan, but...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, Mr. Toriyama, how is the new arc of episodes coming along?

Far worse than you could possibly imagine.

So am I to take that as...

Vegeta gets knocked out so that Cabba can carry on? Cause that would be a real bitch move.

Also some of those descriptions are great.

I will increase my stamina while fighting!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    So am I to take that as...

Vegeta gets knocked out so that Cabba can carry on? Cause that would be a real bitch move.
    I'm not really getting that at all

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Me neither.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Vegeta helping out other saiyans. Just adds fuel to the "Universes getting combined" fire IMO

I'd be ok with U6 and U7 being together. I think that could make for some interesting story lines. And new...new...new... namek.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

lol I'm in a FB dragon ball group and ppl think that Yamcha cell/buu saga would lose to Vegeta on Earth (no great ape included) with their support being that ginyu force and Olibu don't count because filler scenes

lol I'm in a FB dragon ball group and ppl think that Yamcha cell/buu saga would lose to Vegeta on Earth (no great ape included) with their support being that ginyu force and Olibu don't count because filler scenes
    Even Yamcha was like... 1000x stronger than Earth Vegeta... what?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The last time Yamcha ever fought on-screen had him with a power level of like 1200. We don't know how much benefit he got from King Kai's training or whatever he did after that, so I think him compared to Saiyan Saga Vegeta is unknowable.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The last time Yamcha ever fought on-screen had him with a power level of like 1200. We don't know how much benefit he got from King Kai's training or whatever he did after that, so I think him compared to Saiyan Saga Vegeta is unknowable.
    And yet CS will provide us a detailed and comprehensive explanation. Just wait for it :3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Unless you think Cell Juniors lowered their power to under 18k so they wouldn't kill him...

Come on. Dude trained with King Kai way longer than Goku did. Then trained for 3 years straight in prep for the androids. It's silly to think he's too weak to handle Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    And yet CS will provide us a detailed and comprehensive explanation. Just wait for it :3
    Since they don't give actual information I'm not gonna go at any lengths to say he's stronger than Frieza in the Namek saga, for example, but he shits on anything in the Saiyan saga.

So back when they actually used to document power levels, Goku's was 8,000 in the Saiyan saga.

This puts Kaioken x4 at 32,000

Gero's robot bug thing was keeping track of this fight (it didn't go to Namek though)

https://i.imgur.com/CHLw063.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v2zc83W.jpg

When the androids came, not only did Yamcha's power exceed measurement they've taken (Since Goku was fucking with the RR army since the beginning of time, safe to assume they're counting him as human), Yamcha at bare minimum far exceeds 32k

Now, if "Human" aka ningen just applies to mortals, like the way Zamasu uses it, then it great ape Vegeta is also included. 18k power level with 10x multiplier = 180,000

Seeing how ningen has been used later in the series where non "human" characters are being called human aka mortal, based on the known information and the manga scans, Yamcha far exceeds great ape Vegeta in the Cell saga, which really wouldn't be far fetched after king kai's planet and then 3 years of training, knowing the androids were coming

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A massive sigh to those ep spoilers. DBZ 101 what else to expect really.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    A massive sigh to those ep spoilers. DBZ 101 what else to expect really.
    Vejita's resolve doe!!!!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Vejita's resolve doe!!!!
    SIGH