RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I'm not buying this idea that the Universe Mortal Rankings have anything to do with combat power. Future Zen-Ou didn't even know what a martial arts tournament was. Given the way Beerus laid into Kaioshin about his hands-off divinity it seemed like they were talking more about average development level of civilizations. As in, technology and culture. Kaioshin seems to be hesitant to interfere and generally content to let individual civilizations develop on their own. The implication seems to be that other Supreme Kais take a more active role guiding and helping sentient civilizations in their universes develop and move forward.
    Wouldn't matter anyway since it's the average of all beings in the universe and doesn't really say anything about the upper and lower limits of the strongest fighters.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The way I see it, Universe 1,5,8, and 12 simply have more beings with higher power levels in their universe. Compare that with Universe 7, you have Goku and Vegeta pretty much pulling most of the weight in the power category, but also you have a ton of lower life forms with little to no real power levels dragging the average down.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    The way I see it, Universe 1,5,8, and 12 simply have more beings with higher power levels in their universe. Compare that with Universe 7, you have Goku and Vegeta pretty much pulling most of the weight in the power category, but also you have a ton of lower life forms with little to no real power levels dragging the average down.
    That's assuming they were talking about power levels.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

It's DBZ. What else would they be talking about?

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

See above. Also, fights in DBS have generally stopped relying on power level shenanigans - Zamasu arc aside. Both of the fights in the tournament prelims we've seen have involved gimmicks of some sort. Fighters who should be completely irrelevant based on power creep are contributing in some fashion (Roshi's power level is ~100 and he was taking on Frieza soldiers with power levels in the minimum several thousands during the golden frieza arc, Piccolo competed in the U6vU7 tournament, etc).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

With the revelation of universes being erased, what's to stop GoD from participating lol?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    With the revelation of universes being erased, what's to stop GoD from participating lol?
    Zeno/Grand Priest not approving of it, lol.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I know story wise cuz reasons and all that, but that's bullshit lol. I'd be super pissed and scared shitless if I was a GoD lmao. Also, no way in hell that mortal index whatever is a direct correlation of power. If that's the case then U7 must be stupid top heavy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only if Champa does it with a cheap disguise a'la Jackie Chun.

One thing I didn't get - do the four "7+" Universes still take part in the tournament?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I don't know, but in true DB fashion they gave themselves an out before anything even began. We'll get one or two universes that fail so bad they're destroyed, but by the end of the tournament Goku and crew are gonna end up power leveling other universes and showing off so much that Zen-chans will have no choice but to spare the rest. Calling it now.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    One thing I didn't get - do the four "7+" Universes still take part in the tournament?
    I thought they specifically stated they get a pass.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They get a pass because they're strong enough to not be a waste of existence to Zeno.

Also, Zeno is talking about strength, or "power level" if we have to go that route, because when Beerus and Kaioshin start bickering to one another, its all about both failing to push for stronger overall evolution of the universe's citizens. Kaioshin gets blamed for wanting to allow mortals to grow and evolve organically (without outside/godly influence) and Beerus gets blamed for being asleep too often to assist in any way.

I thought they specifically stated they get a pass.
    I guess tournament-wise that makes even more sense?

If they go with 8 universes only, the brackets are pretty simple. AND they keep those 4 universes as potential major players in a future arc.
    Of course any anime will never resist to stage an "underdog vs enhanced" confrontation!

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Just now going through the anime and got to the frieza saga. The amount of power down of the entire Z team is mind boggling.

Frieza's underlings owning the Z squad, especially Gohan and Piccolo is BULLSHIT.

Gohan saying Frieza's underling was likely "more powerful than him at his best" was BULLSHIT. Oh, a nobody underling that just got beatup by Frieza for 4 months surpassed mystic Gohan that was stronger than fucking super buu, who was basically the most powerful being in the universe and wrecked the gods themselves?

Piccolo, who had numerous upgrades since Frieza saga and outpaced various stages of imperfect cell getting ripped apart?

Fuck you.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gohan got deleveled significantly because of his studies. It comes up again and again in the anime, don't you worry. The Piccolo thing is believable only because Piccolo is fucking useless in every fight except to get the plot from part B to part C in order for a Saiyan to make a debut. Nothing new here.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

If I took a couple years off to study, a 22 pound girl with dainty wrists would still not kick my ass. Gohan was virtually the most powerful being in the universe.

It's just lazy writing and it distracts from an otherwise fun show.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    If I took a couple years off to study, a 22 pound girl with dainty wrists would still not kick my ass. Gohan was virtually the most powerful being in the universe.

It's just lazy writing and it distracts from an otherwise fun show.
    Agreed. Motherfucker gibbed Cell.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Gohan LUL

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Y'all looking for too many excuses. The God arcs are amazing fan service on so many levels. 24min a week is not too much for what you get tbh.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast