• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 152 of 154 FirstFirst ... 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So one of customers all of a sudden doesn't understand what bill to and ship to mean. To whit one doctors office wants us to put the hospital on the ship to section because "the hospital pays for this".

2 problems with that... 1. That's precisely what the bill to is for. 2. The hospital and all the other medical facilities in that block or so area are owned by JLL and they are the ones that are billed

Other fail my main theater in town is doing some construction that we had no idea what it was until recently they put signs up. Good news is they are upgrading the lower floor with those bigger lazy boy type seats with tray tables for food and drink and think they might start doing liquor. Bad news is well everything is more packed right now with half the screens down and in light of this they are moving the all day matinee pricing from Sunday to the middle of the week

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My fail today is finally coming to the conclusion that my workplace has the main goal of keeping the status quo with everything, even when my boss asks for different. We've been talking about how to drive more traffic into the office and how to give better customer service. I have the idea of putting a postcard with all important phone numbers into the auto policy ID holder so the client always has them. This is our conversation:

me: Hey boss, we can get sweet postcards made at the same cost corporate charges you and we can really stand out!

Boss: The idea is nice, but make it as plain as possible. And don't spend much time on it.

me: I'll work on it at home. I really want to make this thing nice!

Boss: No, you really don't need to do that. Just make it as plain as possible.

I've brought up other things but nothing ever gets done. We'll talk about it, some things will be planned to get done, but nothing does. When brought up to the boss he seems annoyed that nothing gets done but he doesn't push to make things happen. And my coworkers are fine with how things are so I feel like I'm sort of on an island.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You salaried? Cause management doesn't want hourly employees working off the clock at home. Other then that he probably has a sweet gig going now and doesn't want to rock the boat lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    You salaried? Cause management doesn't want hourly employees working off the clock at home. Other then that he probably has a sweet gig going now and doesn't want to rock the boat lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yeah salary plus commission. Put it this way, just a guess but I bet my boss makes around $70K a year. He talks big and if we did the right things he'd make well over $100K but nothing gets done. He doesn't like boat rocking because he's terrified of corporate compliance. In fairness, he recently was sued by a customer for the customer's, and mortgage company's, fuck up. Case was dismissed yesterday after being ongoing for a little over two years. Oh, and he's the only mgmt. We're an office of four. I feel like that's why there is on discipline for anything and everything gets generalized. Example:

Boss: We really need to stay off our cell phones and pay attention to customers
    Us: Yes!
    after meeting we go back to desks to resume work. Boss comes into main area of office to chit chat. Coworker is on her phone and doing online surveys to earn swagbucks for swagbucks.com
    Boss: So blah blah blah (right next to above coworker and can clearly see what she's doing).
    Coworker: Uh huh...yep....you're right!
    Next week boss has same talk about cell phone usage.

For me, typing this out is kind of my stress relief so I don't have an overall negative outlook for work. I'm pretty fortunate for what I do have and am thankful. I just wish we could spice things up and try new things and actually be held accountable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

refridgerator stopped letting ice get made a few weeks ago. couldn't figure out why, nothing seemed wrong, until the power went out long enough today for thigns to melt out. now it's making ice again. I just bought ice trays cause couldn't live without any ice apparently.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    this, too, shall pass. it's not the same, obviously, but when i'm going insane with pain, i get through it by clinging to the knowledge that all experiences are temporary.
    thanks man. it's hard to remember that in the moment so it helps to hear stuff like this.

much better today. usually a good day's sleep (and some exercise) is enough to push me back into the black

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Oh, I meant to post about Bane's "This too shall pass" post. I'm really thinking of getting that put on a sign or something for motivation about work. There are so many times where things happen and some of us need that reminder.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

New batch of residents, yikes.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Oh, I meant to post about Bane's "This too shall pass" post. I'm really thinking of getting that put on a sign or something for motivation about work. There are so many times where things happen and some of us need that reminder.
    That sign would go great in the bathroom

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My normal account rep with Verizon is on vacation, so getting quotes now is like pulling teeth. Earlier today, no issues, everything done right. Now it's 30 questions and it's like jesus fuck, reference every other god damn quote we've gotten off of the account # and you'll be fine.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    New batch of residents, yikes.
    woof

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Thing is probably only 5 or 6 years old. Either way, I observed considerable frozen points at two points along the piping just before really getting into the guts of the machine. I pulled off the top paneling and didn't see anything, but I didn't really pull out the bottom because that was a number more screws in a confined space and just further affirms my, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I'M DOING HERE!"-ism. Since the initial post, I've had to turn the AC off a few times and let the fan cycle for 3-4 hours to thaw things out, but even then the flow isn't as strong as it should be. Also changed the filters, if I didn't mention that. My guess is on a coolant leak at this point, and it wouldn't be the first time. But for some reason this time isn't spitting error messages at us from the thermostat terminal, so either some internal diagnostics are busted or it's happening at some point that's not really monitored.
    I'd definitely side on it being a leak. I'm not aware of any TStats or self monitoring the system can do beyond something akin to "calling for cooling but system is not turning on" though my experience is primarily with Honeywell and Ecobee units. Nests are a pain in the ass, they're usually rife with botched DIY installs. My concern would be if you've had leaks before, you may be looking at a botched install. Either a unit has been really beaten to death due to lack of maintenance/cleaning, it's a lemon, or the installers cut corners or weren't mindful when transporting or installing the coils for a 5~6 year old unit to have had multiple leaks. When you had issues previously, did someone claim to fix them? Fixing a leaking coil is much like plugging a tire. You may fix the immediate issue for a time, but it'll return and more often than not, be much worse off than it was. Usually replacing the coil is the only surefire way to remedy it, though you'd want to insure the leak is in the coils before taking that step. With the freezing being on the lineset, it may not be the coil. It still doesn't rule out a high refrigerant pressure either.

It may be worth looking your unit up online via the manufacturer's warranty website. If the installer's did you justice, they woulda registered the equipment giving you a 10 year parts warranty, though it's entirely possible they didn't and you're left with the standard 5 year parts warranty. Regardless, for repairs, the lion's share of the cost will be in the labor. Much like Isiolia said, you can get someone to keep it on life support and that can last you years in some cases with minimal investment, but you'd want it thoroughly checked out (pay for a dye check if the tech doesn't bring it up) before deciding how you'd want to handle it. Replacing a 5-6 year old unit would be a tough pill to swallow though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Supposed to have a package delivered today, "by end of day." End of day is apparently 9pm, which is dumb to start with. Call and give instructions to call me when you attempt to deliver, because otherwise I'm probably not getting it (would go to apt office, which was already closed). Reading a book on my patio while waiting, since I can see if the truck shows up. Driver marks it as attempted to deliver despite never leaving a notice or even showing up. Motherfucker best believe I'm calling that in and getting him written up or something. It's already taken more than a week to get an item from Arizona to Texas.

Yes, it's petty. And yes, it can absolutely wait until tomorrow. But when you have 13 hours from when it leaves for delivery until "attempted" that you didn't even do, fuck you.
    Had this happen with something my wife ordered. When they delivered my mail at 10am I had a slip in the mailbox saying that they attempted to drop it off at 115pm. I was like what? I called Canada Post and bitched about that one. I guess they just knew they had no intention of dropping the package off that day. Why bother even putting the slip in the mailbox is what I don't understand, why not just deliver it the next day like nothing happened?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just read that Chloe Bennett (Daisy on Agents of SHIELD) and Logan Paul are apparently a couple. This makes me irrationally angry.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

She's a bad actress, he's a fucking retard. They are made for eachother.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    She's a bad actress, he's a fucking retard. They are made for eachother.
    She’s hot and I hate him, that’s the only justification I have.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lotta hot women in the world. She's a garbage actress.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    She’s hot and I hate him, that’s the only justification I have.
    She also made the conscious decision to date the sub-human known as Logan Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Last night while at dinner with the wife I got a request to restore a file. Let it sit till today cause well fuck you, use the ticketing system, I'm celebrating Astylla's birthday. Get in today, start drilling down through Tuesday's tree and see the folder/file don't exist. Check Monday's, and same thing. E-mail the user asking when she created these files/folders. She created them in the afternoon yesterday after the backup started (therefore locked since they were in use and unable to be backed up) and somehow deleted them same day and is confused as to why I can't recover them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So second time in about a week my chain has slipped while I was standing up pedaling in the middle of the road. Got some tire marks on both knees now. Definitely past time to get chain/sprockets replaced.

In fact tried to over a year ago got a quote but part wasn't in stock. So they were going to order it and call me. Several months later I'm like wait weren't they supposed to call me. Go in and yep they just forgot but they can do it then... at $100 more than I was quoted before. Tell guy fuck for that much might as well get a new bike and he said "that bike retails for $900". I just gave him the stink before telling him we both know that bike way too old and used and beat up to sell for more than $100 after the $300 of repair/replacement you trying to sell me on let alone brand new retail price.

Been meaning to look into new one but been busy, lazy and a bit of a bike n00b to do so.