• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 37 of 154 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Finished the last of my dental work today. The fail? My nerves aren't in the usual spots, so I got a ton of shots to numb it all up. I don't mix well with painkillers/anathesia at all, so I hid my keys and phone since I'll be high as a kite in a bit and warned people to expect strange texts if I somehow find my phone.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Do you have enough motor function to zone out for a few hours playing a game? Might be a good way to keep yourself from going looking for your keys and phone.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

$120 bluetooth speaker missing. Never have had anything missing here ever until my uncle's ex came back a few weeks ago

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My conspiracy theory angry old man co-worker was forced to update some of his technologies with our new company owners. Surprisingly, the one he has been most promising and open to has been switching to this fancy new email system, he really enjoys it over his old style. The new email system? Outlook Express. He's been using Yahoo email for close to 20 years.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

People still pay for AOL

Sheeple are real

Girls are funny

Get over it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Do you have enough motor function to zone out for a few hours playing a game? Might be a good way to keep yourself from going looking for your keys and phone.
    Ended up sleeping for several hours. I tend to go from everything's great! to omg the bed is so high off the floor! stupid fast. Called my mother, but it doesn't appear I did anything else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Birthday today and not a damn person came and saw me. Parents live down the street and all i got was a text. Feelsbad.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Birthday today and not a damn person came and saw me. Parents live down the street and all i got was a text. Feelsbad.
    That really sucks I’m sorry. All the years my mom was alive I always got a call and a card since I left home , I miss that I admit.

Happy birthday for what it’s worth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Thank you.

Edit: let me pull my head out of my own ass for a second and say my condolences about your mom. I can't imagine.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You're always welcome to come turn up here

Old Merits
    BG Level

That sucks, my condolences. Had something similar happen to me once, emotionally blackmailed my parents into giving me more birthday money afterwards.

Still, you certainly don't forget that feeling, watching the end of The Dark Knight when it's almost 12 AM, taking the last bite of the 1 kg bag of sugar-coated Lebkuchen you finished in one sitting and realizing that no one's going to call you in those last ten minutes of the day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    You're always welcome to come turn up here
    That offer goes both ways. Thank you.

Kind of puts things into perspective when your virtual "family" gives more emotional support than your real one.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

That offer goes both ways. Thank you.

Kind of puts things into perspective when your virtual "family" gives more emotional support than your real one.
    I hear ya. I've basically written off my family because my mom is an idiot and my sister is a psycho. I have to worry about myself and my wife instead of dealing with shitty family members who are never their for you, like a birthday.

I highly doubt anyone is near me in little Jackson Michigan but yeah, I'd always be down to meet a good brother/sister from BG, especially if they need a shoulder to lean on.

Yeah, only time my family seems to be nice to me is when they want me to do something for them. At that point, I've given up on any sort of birthday warm 'n fuzzies. Same applies to Christmas, really.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Thank you.

Edit: let me pull my head out of my own ass for a second and say my condolences about your mom. I can't imagine.
    I didn’t see your reply but don’t be too hard on yourself , really you have every right to feel upset and hurt by this. I lost my mom about 12 years ago suddenly and this month sucks for me because Halloween was her birthday so I’m admittedly a little more emotional than usual however I know how lucky I was to have her in my life the time I did. I lost my dad last year and that was hard for different reasons as before I found out he was being transferred to hospice , I hadn’t spoken to him in almost 7 years.

Most of my other family has been MIA , so my “virtual “ family and friends ( and some I’ve have been fortunate enough to meet) honestly have been there for me so much more. I realized a long time ago family is who you choose not what blood dictates, but I understand it still stings.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I didn’t see your reply but don’t be too hard on yourself , really you have every right to feel upset and hurt by this. I lost my mom about 12 years ago suddenly and this month sucks for me because Halloween was her birthday so I’m admittedly a little more emotional than usual however I know how lucky I was to have her in my life the time I did. I lost my dad last year and that was hard for different reasons as before I found out he was being transferred to hospice , I hadn’t spoken to him in almost 7 years.

Most of my other family has been MIA , so my “virtual “ family and friends ( and some I’ve have been fortunate enough to meet) honestly have been there for me so much more. I realized a long time ago family is who you choose not what blood dictates, but I understand it still stings.
    This really reminds me of a scene from MASH, if anyone's ever seen that. Two of the characters are talking and ones goes, "be lucky only distance separates you, my father and I have been 10,000 miles apart in the same room".

Really hit home for me when I heard it.

But! It's Saturday. I'm 34 and ready to make some bad decisions this weekend. Appreciate people letting me vent. That was a really hard couple of days.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Heh family. Well, until I found out my dad had cancer(he'll make it), I didn't hear from him for like 5 years. Even now, communication still isn't as strong as I would like for it to be.

My mom is in good health, and has been there for me more than anybody. I know it'll come eventually, but getting over the loss of my mom is going to take a long time to get through. It'll mark the end for a lot of things.

My brother isn't really a brother(long story). My best friend of 30 years has filled that role quite well.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I have a brother that lives about 3 or 4 miles from me. Idk his wife's name. Idk either of his kid's names or how old they are, lol. I just know he has one boy and one girl

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Aaand im in the hospital

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries