• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I'm taking it for the pain; lol. I know alcohol doesn't heal wounds; but nothing else I have access to does either
    By not help I meant it actively impairs wound healing.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Didn't you mention that they said they could give you pain meds , do you have a follow up appointment because if there's something going on you may want to address it soon.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Didn't you mention that they said they could give you pain meds , do you have a follow up appointment because if there's something going on you may want to address it soon.
    Potentially, but I used up my extra funds paying for the procedure out of pocket. I'm pretty sure paying for pain meds out of pocket isn't going to be the way to go financially. The drinking is free since there were like 2 bottles and 2 handles leftover from my Vasectomy Party, lol

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

GoodRX app. Search any med and find out where it's cheapest. I've used it instead of my health insurance at times because it's a better price.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Potentially, but I used up my extra funds paying for the procedure out of pocket. I'm pretty sure paying for pain meds out of pocket isn't going to be the way to go financially. The drinking is free since there were like 2 bottles and 2 handles leftover from my Vasectomy Party, lol
    I understand what you mean as I had to go to urgent care here on my business trip in Texas and my meds were $100 bucks plus $170 for visit at least I got a steroid shot. While I'll get reimbursed by my medical insurance that shit sucks.
    However alcohol will impede actual healing and could actually prolong things. It never hurts to touch base regardless.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    GoodRX app. Search any med and find out where it's cheapest. I've used it instead of my health insurance at times because it's a better price.
    That sounds amazing. thanks man

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So Microsoft Windows is notorious that if you have a network drive connection (particularly on laptops) and you log in elsewhere where you are not connected to your network, when you log in, Windows see's the drive can't be connected and just assumes it's gone forever and deletes it. My director is throwing a fit because this keeps happening to her, but obviously when she brings her laptop in and I log in as her, the drives connect as it's connected to the network, and is now complaining about the time it takes to double click a simple .bat file that will automatically reconnect her network drives once she's connected to vpn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So this happened. Had alot of things put holes in this tire first time it's made one anywhere near this big or that didn't close up right away

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I deal with a lot of pain from old back injuries and what not and talked to a few doctors about it. Apparently alternating advil and tylenol will give you a pain relief near what vicodin would give you. Here's an excerpt from Brown University:

https://www.brown.edu/campus-life/he...ver%2014_0.pdf

Might be worth biking down to a walgreens or walmart and getting generics of both.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So Microsoft Windows is notorious that if you have a network drive connection (particularly on laptops) and you log in elsewhere where you are not connected to your network, when you log in, Windows see's the drive can't be connected and just assumes it's gone forever and deletes it. My director is throwing a fit because this keeps happening to her, but obviously when she brings her laptop in and I log in as her, the drives connect as it's connected to the network, and is now complaining about the time it takes to double click a simple .bat file that will automatically reconnect her network drives once she's connected to vpn.
    What VPN client and Windows version? You should be able to script the batch file after the tunnel comes up if she's one of Those Users.

For my most needy user I just made shortcuts and pinned them on his start menu. When he wants a network resource it either connects (if his VPN is on) or doesn't, but there's no nag alerts because his network drives can't connect. Bonus is he is contained to the three places he is allowed to go via shortcut...anything else is too complicated for him so he won't wander off and get in trouble.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This has actually been bothering me for a while, but is there anyone else who's seriously grossed out by things like nail polish, lipstick, accessoires and other stuff that, for lack of a better phrase, modificates the female (or male) body? Quite often when I meet attractive women, my attention tends to be drawn towards bizarrely colored nails (bonus points if they managed to grow claws instead of nails), lipstick that makes them look like clowns, or whatever part of their body they felt would be a good place to permanently penetrate with a piece of metal.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the large majority of things that differ from the usual color palette or layout just result in whatever attraction there might have been just vaporizing; I think the human body looks sufficiently good without those additions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's all a matter of how and how much. Done right you probably wont even realize until you realize they have no blemishes at all and that's highly unlikely. On the other hand no one wants to date a clown irl

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I think there's a balance of how people use makeup or other accessories as it were to make themselves feel confident. I typically wear foundation, some neutral/pink blush , eyeshadow in earth tones and lipstick that isn't too bold but gives me color. I don't do it for the attention or to attract but because I feel better sometimes because my skin is naturally a bit reddish on my face , but it can still look fairly natural. Usually I do my makeup for work or going out for the night/bar hopping otherwise often just go without.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Woke up with a fever and feeling shitty. Went to the emergency room, turns out I have a ruptured ear canal. All bc of a small infection I got when I went to da beech a couple of months ago. Fantastic.

I hate it when everything's going well, and all of a sudden the wheels come off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boss has annoying habit of adding stuff at the last minute after I've already worked on it. Medium annoyance on it's own but then he gets on me for not doing whatever was added because he's always 100% sure he didn't do it earlier therefore I must have just missed it. Now not saying there's no chance I couldn't have missed it but this is rather habitual for him and he will be 100% certain that he did it before I got to it even on things that he never ended up even doing. To the point he will ask if I changed it... despite the file saying it was last saved before he says he added something. Basically have to take time out of working to get ironclad proof that I didn't mess up. Worse is he still isn't willing to admit that doing all this last minute changes and bending over backwards for our customers is what's causing all these problems

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Only the second week of school, and I've already given up all my lunches for various clubs throughout the week. I wish I could get other teachers more involved in this stuff, but I've had no luck in that area. I'm tired. ;_;

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Boss has annoying habit of adding stuff at the last minute before liberty...
    Dat submarine life forever.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Hmm so yesterday was interesting and will probably end up costing a lot of money.

I woke up totally fine. Ate some food drank some black tea like I always do. Got my kid ready for school and took him to school. Went for my normal mile and a half hike that I always have to do in order to get to work. No more strenuous than normal. Feeling great. Set up a GoPro to capture some time lapse of a construction project on the way to work.

Get to work eat some more food have a glass of orange juice and some more tea (mint this time no caffein) then go to an hour long work meeting. Get out of the meeting and go work at my desk for the next couple hours. Feeling great.

Get up from my desk and walk down the short hill from my office to my works front office. When I walk into the front office start to notice something strange. The sensation of moving from really bright to the dark office isn't going away very quickly. Everything is shimmering silver and white and I can barely see. I suddenly start to feel really distracted. Is it because of my eyes or something else? I feel like I am having a hard time talking. Stepping over my words mispronouncing stuff, forgetting words that I should know. Is that noticeable or am I imagining it?

I pick up a heavy box from the office with a computer and a couple laptops in it and carry it up to my office and sit down at my desk. I then look up at my desk and it is almost completely white. I thought there was something wrong with my computer at first then realized my peripheral vision around the monitor in my office was the same. I start to feel a little bit more weird and wonder if the things I thought I was just imagining were actually really happening to me. I go talk to our emergency response coordinator and he takes my blood pressure. I sit down in his office we take my blood pressure a couple times. I drink a glass of water brought by one of my coworkers. I call my wife. I try texting her but I can't see my phone screen.

One of my coworkers who is also a nurse comes in to talk to me. He thinks it might be an ocular migraine. I have never had migraines before. We sit and talk and eventually they both leave and I feel like I am doing better. I put my head down to rest. When I pick my head up again 15 minutes later my vision hasn't returned and instead has actually gotten much worse. I go to the front gate of my work and have them radio call the emergency response director again. He meets me in his office and takes my blood pressure again. I don't have any other symptoms that I can concretely tell them about yet so they suggest we go into one of our office rooms and lie down. I am down with a pillow under my head and my vision begins to return I am feeling a little better I think. Then my feet and hands go completely numb. Not just ooh pins and needles but like somebody just shot me up with Novocain in my limbs. It starts creeping up my face first my upper lip then the tip of my nose then my cheek leading up to my eye.

At this point I was beginning to really have a hard time talking. Slurring my words, forgetting the right words, not being able to remember normal easy to remember information about myself. They make the judgement and call 911. I remember the first responders showing up. They are my friends. We live in a rural area and have a volunteer fire brigade they are the first to arrive. I feel strange. I can't remember their names. I distinctly remember describing the numbness spreading over my body and then telling one of them I felt like I was swimming in molasses.

At some point the paramedics show up. I don't know if it was a long time or they just got there quickly but they are asking me questions and poking me and sticking things to me. They make me roll over onto a stiff board. Moving was very difficult. While the paramedics were trying to ask me questions I remember feeling like the world started to fall away. The vision problem from earlier while it went away for a bit came back with a vengeance but different. This time it was more dark and fuzzy instead of shiny and silver. Earlier I felt like I was looking at the world through a chrome pipe. Now I start to feel like I am falling down into something and the walls are closing up around me. I am vaguely aware of them picking me up but I am not talking anymore at this point. I wonder where my shoes are or who is going to bring my camera gear from my office. It is extremely bright and hurts my eyes. I think we are outside.

Now we are in a cave. Now looking back I realize it must have been the ambulance but I can't remember. I told them to take me to the health center. I thought I just needed some rest and they could drive me to our local health center and let me rest there.

I felt like I was lying on my back forever. Later they tell me I was totally unresponsive. The world has receded around me and everything is dark and fuzzy like looking through a black pillow case. I feel totally awake on the inside like one of those nights where you are thinking too much and you think you are awake all night but then the alarm goes off and you open your eyes to daylight. Thoughts were running through my head. Whats going on? Where are they taking me? What is going to happen to me? Am I going to be blind forever? How am I going to be a photographer if this is how I see from now on?

Again it gets very bright. At this point I don't notice anything around me but I notice it gets very bright. Then I am in a tube. In and out of consciousness. Still unresponsive. I remember thinking wow it is loud. Why are they giving me a face mask? Where am I? Instrument panels were really close to my face. Back into darkness into my head. I have one brief moment where I notice the brightness and then one more where I notice the noise then nothing.

I start to wake up I notice wherever I am has changed. Suddenly they are pulling me out into the hot air it is loud and windy. I was on a helicopter they tell me. I am confused. I had no idea where I was or how I got there. When I went unresponsive they decided to fly me up to San Jose over 3 hours north of where I live to a hospital that specializes in strokes.

They thought I was having a stroke. I still feel totally weak and out of sorts and disoriented and confused as they take me into the ER.

The ER was loud and buzzing with activity it was very confusing to me. I start to come out and notice more and more detail. My vision is still wavy I am really hungry and thirsty. They say I can't have anything. They pump me full of all sorts of stuff along with a saline IV.

In the end they did a huge battery of tests on me, cat scan of my head, chest xrays, all sorts of electrodes all over my legs and chest and arms to keep track of my heart. There was nothing going on that they could see. They did see one precursor anomaly in my heart but they just tell me to go to a cardiologist.

Ugh what a crazy and expensive 24 hours. No fun at all. I still feel really weird and my mind is having a hard time grappling with losing almost an hour and a half of time. I am not used to feeling like that at all. I hope it never happens again. I wish I could remember the helicopter ride and could have taken photos. I feel really bad for freaking out my family and causing all the craziness when at this point I am beginning to wonder if anything was real or even happened. My experience from the inside is so drastically different from what people observed on the outside it is crazy.

TLDR: I got sick somehow but doctors couldn't tell me what happened all after getting medivac'd to a hospital because I went completely unresponsive.

My first world problem in all of this is I live in a good enough country with good enough hospitals that I could get a helicopter ride to a hospital and get treated immediately and not die but it is going to cost an arm and a leg.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Hmm so yesterday was interesting and will probably end up costing a lot of money.

I woke up totally fine. Ate some food drank some black tea like I always do. Got my kid ready for school and took him to school. Went for my normal mile and a half hike that I always have to do in order to get to work. No more strenuous than normal. Feeling great. Set up a GoPro to capture some time lapse of a construction project on the way to work.

Get to work eat some more food have a glass of orange juice and some more tea (mint this time no caffein) then go to an hour long work meeting. Get out of the meeting and go work at my desk for the next couple hours. Feeling great.

Get up from my desk and walk down the short hill from my office to my works front office. When I walk into the front office start to notice something strange. The sensation of moving from really bright to the dark office isn't going away very quickly. Everything is shimmering silver and white and I can barely see. I suddenly start to feel really distracted. Is it because of my eyes or something else? I feel like I am having a hard time talking. Stepping over my words mispronouncing stuff, forgetting words that I should know. Is that noticeable or am I imagining it?

I pick up a heavy box from the office with a computer and a couple laptops in it and carry it up to my office and sit down at my desk. I then look up at my desk and it is almost completely white. I thought there was something wrong with my computer at first then realized my peripheral vision around the monitor in my office was the same. I start to feel a little bit more weird and wonder if the things I thought I was just imagining were actually really happening to me. I go talk to our emergency response coordinator and he takes my blood pressure. I sit down in his office we take my blood pressure a couple times. I drink a glass of water brought by one of my coworkers. I call my wife. I try texting her but I can't see my phone screen.

One of my coworkers who is also a nurse comes in to talk to me. He thinks it might be an ocular migraine. I have never had migraines before. We sit and talk and eventually they both leave and I feel like I am doing better. I put my head down to rest. When I pick my head up again 15 minutes later my vision hasn't returned and instead has actually gotten much worse. I go to the front gate of my work and have them radio call the emergency response director again. He meets me in his office and takes my blood pressure again. I don't have any other symptoms that I can concretely tell them about yet so they suggest we go into one of our office rooms and lie down. I am down with a pillow under my head and my vision begins to return I am feeling a little better I think. Then my feet and hands go completely numb. Not just ooh pins and needles but like somebody just shot me up with Novocain in my limbs. It starts creeping up my face first my upper lip then the tip of my nose then my cheek leading up to my eye.

At this point I was beginning to really have a hard time talking. Slurring my words, forgetting the right words, not being able to remember normal easy to remember information about myself. They make the judgement and call 911. I remember the first responders showing up. They are my friends. We live in a rural area and have a volunteer fire brigade they are the first to arrive. I feel strange. I can't remember their names. I distinctly remember describing the numbness spreading over my body and then telling one of them I felt like I was swimming in molasses.

At some point the paramedics show up. I don't know if it was a long time or they just got there quickly but they are asking me questions and poking me and sticking things to me. They make me roll over onto a stiff board. Moving was very difficult. While the paramedics were trying to ask me questions I remember feeling like the world started to fall away. The vision problem from earlier while it went away for a bit came back with a vengeance but different. This time it was more dark and fuzzy instead of shiny and silver. Earlier I felt like I was looking at the world through a chrome pipe. Now I start to feel like I am falling down into something and the walls are closing up around me. I am vaguely aware of them picking me up but I am not talking anymore at this point. I wonder where my shoes are or who is going to bring my camera gear from my office. It is extremely bright and hurts my eyes. I think we are outside.

Now we are in a cave. Now looking back I realize it must have been the ambulance but I can't remember. I told them to take me to the health center. I thought I just needed some rest and they could drive me to our local health center and let me rest there.

I felt like I was lying on my back forever. Later they tell me I was totally unresponsive. The world has receded around me and everything is dark and fuzzy like looking through a black pillow case. I feel totally awake on the inside like one of those nights where you are thinking too much and you think you are awake all night but then the alarm goes off and you open your eyes to daylight. Thoughts were running through my head. Whats going on? Where are they taking me? What is going to happen to me? Am I going to be blind forever? How am I going to be a photographer if this is how I see from now on?

Again it gets very bright. At this point I don't notice anything around me but I notice it gets very bright. Then I am in a tube. In and out of consciousness. Still unresponsive. I remember thinking wow it is loud. Why are they giving me a face mask? Where am I? Instrument panels were really close to my face. Back into darkness into my head. I have one brief moment where I notice the brightness and then one more where I notice the noise then nothing.

I start to wake up I notice wherever I am has changed. Suddenly they are pulling me out into the hot air it is loud and windy. I was on a helicopter they tell me. I am confused. I had no idea where I was or how I got there. When I went unresponsive they decided to fly me up to San Jose over 3 hours north of where I live to a hospital that specializes in strokes.

They thought I was having a stroke. I still feel totally weak and out of sorts and disoriented and confused as they take me into the ER.

The ER was loud and buzzing with activity it was very confusing to me. I start to come out and notice more and more detail. My vision is still wavy I am really hungry and thirsty. They say I can't have anything. They pump me full of all sorts of stuff along with a saline IV.

In the end they did a huge battery of tests on me, cat scan of my head, chest xrays, all sorts of electrodes all over my legs and chest and arms to keep track of my heart. There was nothing going on that they could see. They did see one precursor anomaly in my heart but they just tell me to go to a cardiologist.

Ugh what a crazy and expensive 24 hours. No fun at all. I still feel really weird and my mind is having a hard time grappling with losing almost an hour and a half of time. I am not used to feeling like that at all. I hope it never happens again. I wish I could remember the helicopter ride and could have taken photos. I feel really bad for freaking out my family and causing all the craziness when at this point I am beginning to wonder if anything was real or even happened. My experience from the inside is so drastically different from what people observed on the outside it is crazy.

TLDR: I got sick somehow but doctors couldn't tell me what happened all after getting medivac'd to a hospital because I went completely unresponsive.

My first world problem in all of this is I live in a good enough country with good enough hospitals that I could get a helicopter ride to a hospital and get treated immediately and not die but it is going to cost an arm and a leg.
    Scary shit. I had what felt like a mini-stroke and although I wasn't fearful, everything around me just felt wrong. Hopefully you can get some answers and you don't end up owing a car payment worth of med bills.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Dat submarine life forever.

Holy shit man don't scare me with edits like that. I thought I'd actually said that and reverted back to some kind of messed up flash back lol

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast