• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 85 of 154 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Last minute mission to fucking Jordan this Friday and I’m the only one with the creds and visa ready to go.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Boss starts giving me shit for not getting a material we need in, yet I've been telling him for months they're waiting on a deposit check and he's complained that I get things in too early and he doesn't have anywhere to store material. After that he decides that he's now doing my job for me. Do my fucking job then, I'm tired of putting up with this shit. This isn't the first time he's done this shit to me and my direct superior, despite sitting next to me and knowing the same shit, is just sitting in the chair staring at his phone.

Fuck this place.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To follow up, I'm not salaried, but was told I receive comp hours in place of OT pay, which I can't use if I'm the only person taking care of the labs. Depending on how this week goes, I'll ask for an update on my boss and if my pay can temporarily increase while I cover both our duties. If they refuse, I might just quit/look for another job. So far, everything that can go wrong has, with a TA doing a different lab experiment from everyone else and clogging a sink, everyone rapidly draining supplies and solutions over the weekend, and pulling a muscle in my chest while exerting a ton of effort trying to cut a student's lock.

Also, if anyone can give advice on the following fail, that would be appreciated: My current apartment is pretty nice, but one major killer that is annoying me is the fact that I can't get consistent hot water through my shower/bath. The boiler line is one direction and I'm at the very end of the apartments, so there's hardly any heat. I constantly send in work requests and they change some filter, which doesn't really do anything. Can I legally do anything or break my lease early? I feel like no hot water is a major issue, which really didn't help when I was sick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So seems like they are in the final steps of executing my paternal grandparents wills/trusts and it's getting messier. Apparently the person we least thought we cause a ruckus and well one of the most well off is conspiring to get more of it. One of my aunts who is just too nice and already bled dry by her kids is willing to help with that. Shit just do what it says and if you want to give some of your portion away to someone else be my guest

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

"the paper will be written in LaTex, and a pdf document generated which you will turn in"

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

there is literally no math or tables or data or anything in this paper. why can't I just use word you bastard >:[

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So seems like they are in the final steps of executing my paternal grandparents wills/trusts and it's getting messier. Apparently the person we least thought we cause a ruckus and well one of the most well off is conspiring to get more of it. One of my aunts who is just too nice and already bled dry by her kids is willing to help with that. Shit just do what it says and if you want to give some of your portion away to someone else be my guest
    This happened when my great aunt passed away. Her lawyer and her niece conspired to start taking shit from the house before the will was executed. My dad finally had to step in, get the courts to sign conservatorship to him so he could execute the will per her requests. Going through that, we found out the attorney was falsifying changes to her will when she was battling severe dementia and was not legally able to start making changes to her will due to it.

Wills bring out the worst in family members, it's disgusting.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    This happened when my great aunt passed away. Her lawyer and her niece conspired to start taking shit from the house before the will was executed. My dad finally had to step in, get the courts to sign conservatorship to him so he could execute the will per her requests. Going through that, we found out the attorney was falsifying changes to her will when she was battling severe dementia and was not legally able to start making changes to her will due to it.

One of the good things about my grandmothers philosophy of living simply and being relatively anti consumeristic is that when she passed everything was fairly simple. The only thing that was valuable that she had was the property she lived on but that was very straight forward split so that each of her 4 kids had 1/4th share in the property and each share is then passed on to her grandkids in the same way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thing here was this has been made and unchanged for over a decade. The exact contents have been known and everyone seemed fine about it since my grandpa died around 3 years ago. Or at least no one fought yet about part of it going to my grandma and the rest staying in trust until her death. Now though fuck. I don't even know how they expect to actually change a dead persons trust/will. Like you all have equal claim right now and everyone has seen and known the contents for literal years. Sad part is the person fighting is one of only a couple of grandkids getting anything and both her siblings are either unlikely to want to fight or be unable to. So at the very least she might get all of the grandkids portion. Extra sad part is it's a lot less than people thought since grandpa did a good job spending his small fortune in latter years

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gas furnace is starting to make a humming sound when the blower motor kicks in. Guess I'm calling someone in the AM to look at it. It's -30C right now and would rather not have it fuck up. My knowledge is very limited with this so I'm not about to dick around with it.

Not really looking forward to this when my parents start keeling over. Oldest sister already got catty about jewelry when my grandmother died. Folks have otherwise told me I'm getting the house here, which I predict the same sister will also protest because she thought living a half hour from civilization would be a good thing when she was younger, not sick, and without kids. Youngest sister is also drama potential, but mainly because she's terrible with money (like my mom) and has a fucked up sense of priorities.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Not really looking forward to this when my parents start keeling over. Oldest sister already got catty about jewelry when my grandmother died. Folks have otherwise told me I'm getting the house here, which I predict the same sister will also protest because she thought living a half hour from civilization would be a good thing when she was younger, not sick, and without kids. Youngest sister is also drama potential, but mainly because she's terrible with money (like my mom) and has a fucked up sense of priorities.
    My recommendation is have the talk with them, make sure they have everything spelled out how they want their will to go, and don’t be afraid to get custodianship over the will (with their approval of course) to ensure their will is executed how they want it to be

I'll have to double check, but I think my middle sister is in charge of everything overall, and she and I are and have pretty much always been cool with one another. Still won't stop the others from being buttmonkeys, though.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

anxiety disorder + "seat assigned at gate" = full blown goddamn travel panic attack

keep telling myself I'll be fine, it's a Basic Economy thing, they won't bump me, but my brain is like "SUCKER IT'S THE END OF THE WORLDDDDDDDDDD"

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I’m quite possibly training the dumbest person I’ve ever worked with. I’ve been a retail/customer service/restaurant trainer for over 10 years in various capacities but this person as nice as they are is super fucking slow picking up the most basic of things. Especially the POS system and basic tasks. I’ve explained them five different ways trying to get feedback how it would be better for them to remember but they just look confused 24/7. Sigh why meeee

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Give them a pen and notepad, tell them to take notes on everything you said. If they ask something you already answered, tell them to look at their notes. If it's not in their notes, tough shit. Always make sure they're writing notes when you initially answer anything.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's retail, not rocket science. You don't exactly draw from the top.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    Give them a pen and notepad, tell them to take notes on everything you said. If they ask something you already answered, tell them to look at their notes. If it's not in their notes, tough shit. Always make sure they're writing notes when you initially answer anything.
    This still doesn't help the dumber people. I have a guy that literally has notes on everything, complete with pictures of the buttons he has to press. Still can't figure out wtf he's supposed to do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

At that point, make a coworker record a video of them with their own phones doing the task and explaining to themselves what they're doing and why. That way they can always watch themselves do it properly and explain it when they need to do it again in the future. If they don't have a phone capable, they can either get one or take better notes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Luckily our robot overlords will be taking those jobs soon enough

my fail been cutting pretty hard on the diet this week getting back into it from the holidays. 1100-1300 calorie a day no cheating with sweets and fuck if I haven't dropped any at all. Actually gained a lbs. Before cutting that hard was always pretty consistent at dropping in some way

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

At Dulles airport about to hop on a 100 hour flight to Amman, Jordan. Fuck my life.