• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 88 of 154 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Girl Scout cookie stand is set up right behind my work station at the mall. That’s just cruel and unusual punishment.
    I have a buddy who every year goes up to a Girl Scout cookie stand, and literally buys every single box of Samoa’s that they have lol. Went with him one year and the girls reaction to it was priceless.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Random fail

Took me 30 min to change the toilet lever.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I have a buddy who every year goes up to a Girl Scout cookie stand, and literally buys every single box of Samoa’s that they have lol. Went with him one year and the girls reaction to it was priceless.
    He’s a good man since Samoa’s are my absolute favorite. I get bombarded with these cookies everyday at the train station on my way to and from work , so they follow me lol.
    I’ve been strong the last few years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Random fail

Took me 30 min to change the toilet lever.
    That is pretty fail , it’s probably the most simple home improvement task there is lol.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    He’s a good man since Samoa’s are my absolute favorite. I get bombarded with these cookies everyday at the train station on my way to and from work , so they follow me lol.
    I’ve been strong the last few years though.

That is pretty fail , it’s probably the most simple home improvement task there is lol.
    Yeah the chain part sucked it was bigger then the « lever » so I had to fiddle with it

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

....you know you could have just used a paperclip, right?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

At Disney World from yesterday thru Tuesday. As I was driving in yesterday, stopped to get gas and noticed I had a tire that was really low. I refilled it with air, and continued on since I was only about 40 miles from Disney at that point. I'd hoped it just got low, but after spending all day at Epcot I came back to the parking lot to find it was totally flat. Boo. I called Disney car services and they arrived in 15 minutes and got me aired back up, for free. That was actually really cool. Got back to the hotel and went to bed. Woke up this morning and its flat again. Called Disney car care and once again they came within 15 minutes and got me air. So now I drove to the car care center on Disney property where I am currently waiting to be told I either need the tire patched (which would only be $25, fingers crossed) or I need to buy a new tire. That would suck, but meh if it needs to be done okay.

All in all the Disney care has been great but it's just a big inconvenience on my vacation.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

That’s a bummer about the tire and annoying as it sounds like a slow leak, as long as the hole isn’t in the sidewall it should be patchable though. Sorry to hear that happened on vacation though I’ve heard great things about their service centers helping people out so it’s good to know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy crap another sold out for BP. Lucky next showing was fine but god is it full

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    ....you know you could have just used a paperclip, right?
    Can confirm. Done it multiple times. The levers in our old apartment will probably stop working again soon because the paper clip deteriorated from sitting in the water.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Get to laundromat and realize I forgot the detergent so head back home a few minutes away and by the time I return most larger washers are in use because everyone is here on a Monday.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Get a message from Bank of America estate unit about my mom's account. Need to call back between 8am-5pm EST. I get off of work at 5pm EST/2pm PST so can't make the call after work. Need to be home with dad for the call since he is listed as next of kin. Try calling at 8:15am EST. Robo voice said they are unavailable. Now I'm late for work without anything to show for it. Dad rages that they don't have a unit to take west coast calls.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Recently requested a raise now that our office's financial situation seems to have improved significantly. Naturally, my boss now blames me for just about everything that happened in the past. Telephone numbers on a few of our affiliated websites no longer working? My fault, we should have checked it back when we switched telephone providers, outrageous mistake, cost us money etc. - I had nothing to do with that, wasn't involved with any of that.

So I cross-check the numbers on the websites with the ones in our administration tools anyway. The ones in the latter work and one number was so close that I'm fairly sure it must have been a typo on the website, which is likely seeing how those received a make-over just last year.

Boss doesn't believe me and the other number is completely off, so I look up an old version of the website (I need to donate money to archive.org one of these days) and the number on the old website matches the one in my list.

Inform my boss, happy that I managed to prove my innocence since no mistake was made on this task I wasn't even responsible for. However, somehow this is even worse because, after switching telephone providers, we should have checked the functionality of all numbers based on the ones listed on the websites, not the ones in our lists and we did not notice that the numbers on the website were wrong after those make-overs.

Make-overs which were done externally and handled by both my boss's office as well as a former employee of ours, which were then left hanging because neither office dedicated any more time to them after a few spectacular failures by the guy my boss hired personally.

Why did I even try. Think I'll just tell him that I'll look for a part-time job instead of doing unpaid overtime, I'm tired of chasing the carrot, trying to make up for mistakes I did not even make.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

My train hit someone. We passed the driver on the way out, she was traumatized.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boss who is on the computer and looking up records of a client: Have we gotten a check from so and so in the last few weeks?
    Me: idk is it in the computer

1 minute later
    Boss: So have we gotten a check from them?
    Me: I don't know.

Things like this happen quite often actually. Half of them are him expecting me to drop what I'm doing and look things up he is already on the computer looking up for him the other half is thinking I'd actually remember every single thing I do in detail forever. Like bitch I've literally entered thousands of checks in the time period you are hoping for and have to kind of speed thru them because I got a ton of other stuff to do I aint remembering every single one

Edit: haha now why didn't you do something this way?
    Um it's more efficient the basic way we always do that kind of thing.
    Yeah well you need to account for this how come you still are doing it this way after so long why do I have to check it?
    Because we've always done it that way you change how we do things multiple times a week

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post

Amtrak?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

DC Metro.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Got news today my general manager who hired/promoted me and is all around awesome is leaving to go to a San Francisco store and his last day is tomorrow. Our whole team is actually upset and trying to hold everything together.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Trying to convince my girlfriend's family that boiled Pepsi is not an offer of hospitality so much as a declaration of war

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My carpet has an unexplained and growing wet spot in the hallway next to the kitchen. I suspect it's the water line to the freezer's ice maker. Bleh. Also the lights in my bathroom blew out this morning so I had to poop in the dark. Rough way to start the weekend.