• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Live rp scenario for ICS training and of course the section I sign on for has a lack of signups and a person calling in sick so I get upgraded from IT support to logistics section chief for the exercise.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Live rp scenario for ICS training and of course the section I sign on for has a lack of signups and a person calling in sick so I get upgraded from IT support to logistics section chief for the exercise.
    Hahahaha logistics sucksssss I'll take IC or Ops over logistics any day.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Started the Trojan war. Starts with Eris, the goddess of Discord. I asked kids if they knew what that word meant. A few were like "It's an app." And I am like, "Yes, indeed, but what does it mean?" I end up having to explain it, then they ask me why the app is called Discord, and I am all, "Wtf idk because they fought over Fafnir?"

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Had the in-laws over for dinner tonight. My nephew had the audacity to touch the thermostat. Kids nowadays have absolutely no respect for anything sacred.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Had the in-laws over for dinner tonight. My nephew had the audacity to touch the thermostat. Kids nowadays have absolutely no respect for anything sacred.
    I thought my thermostat senses were tingling.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Hahahaha logistics sucksssss I'll take IC or Ops over logistics any day.
    I think ops was ready to murder me cause I literally sent back every request due to a lack of information and justification. Sending me a request saying you need a FAST team with absolutely no information on what they are needed for or where to deploy them is a good way to piss off your logistics chief.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My relief didn't show up this morning so now I'm stuck at work at least an extra hour. Can't get a hold of her of course. Worst part is she's on a switch for someone else so the knee jerk reaction by management will be to not allow any more switches which is dumb because it's a last resort to get a day off and if we can't do it we will call out like people do at every other job which hurts everyone much more.

Also I basically don't get paid for staying since we work 36hour weeks and don't get overtime till after 40hours. We give up being paid those extra 4 hours a week to avoid Kelly days.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Got into a slightly heated bidding war for an entire collection of merchandise by a certain artist. Already have all but two of the items in there I care about, a book I've been searching since 2012 and a wallscroll I didn't even know existed.

Set my limit, wound up raising it twice and then again in a last ditch effort to make the other guys give up. Wound up losing, but while bidding, I realized that I had gotten to a point where buying it wouldn't have been worth it, I felt that I lost with dignity, learned an important lesson and at least I made the winner bleed for crossing me.

At least that's what I thought until the other guy cancelled an hour later and I immediately accepted buying for my highest bid. Damn.

At least I'll end up making a nice profit if I take my time and sell everything at its usual price; just hope this won't turn out to be a scam of some sort.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In my morning haze I attempted, multiple times, to use a car wash token on a soda machine. I finally figured it out and got my much needed Mountain Dew.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Stop drinking poison

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Got into a slightly heated bidding war for an entire collection of merchandise by a certain artist. Already have all but two of the items in there I care about, a book I've been searching since 2012 and a wallscroll I didn't even know existed.

Set my limit, wound up raising it twice and then again in a last ditch effort to make the other guys give up. Wound up losing, but while bidding, I realized that I had gotten to a point where buying it wouldn't have been worth it, I felt that I lost with dignity, learned an important lesson and at least I made the winner bleed for crossing me.

At least that's what I thought until the other guy cancelled an hour later and I immediately accepted buying for my highest bid. Damn.

At least I'll end up making a nice profit if I take my time and sell everything at its usual price; just hope this won't turn out to be a scam of some sort.
    That’s a common eBay scam to get people to start bidding.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Definitely is common, I actually encountered such a situation a few years back on eBay. Called the other guy out on it because it seemed fishy that only the items I wanted were bid on and all of them turned out to be in stock again afterwards, never happened again after that with the seller.

In this case, however, it matters little as long as I get my items; even when substracting the two items I'm looking for, which are the most expensive, I'll end up making a profit, so my only concern here is whether or not the auction itself was a scam or not, though I currently have no reason to feel inclined to do so.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

edit: fuck the details. that's not important.

just... living with depression and an anxiety disorder is a constant battle. sorting through your own thoughts constantly to figure out what's real and what isn't. it gets easier as you begin to recognize the particular thinking errors that your brain prefers, but it's still a fucking pain no matter how good you get at it.

and it's just like... some days I just can't do that. I just can't. it's too much work and I just need a god damn break. so I'm gonna take that break right now and fuck anyone and anything that says otherwise.

there. I feel better already just saying that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    so I'm gonna take that break right now and fuck anyone and anything

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    soooooooo much this

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Not a fail for me but for everyone else who doesn't have a secure home mailing address - Work is no longer accepting personal mail or packages. RIP amazon purchases.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Not a fail for me but for everyone else who doesn't have a secure home mailing address - Work is no longer accepting personal mail or packages. RIP amazon purchases.
    Do you have an amazon locker location near you? Most Safeway grocery stores here have them and it’s secure way to get packages.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I do that on everyone of my own auctions. Robo bid up to the amount I'm willing to part with the item and sit back and wait. It doesn't always pan out and sometimes my fake account wins. I'd wager that most sellers that have over 500 feedback regularly do the same on larger ticket items.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I do that on everyone of my own auctions. Robo bid up to the amount I'm willing to part with the item and sit back and wait. It doesn't always pan out and sometimes my fake account wins. I'd wager that most sellers that have over 500 feedback regularly do the same on larger ticket items.
    This is a big part of why I don't buy on eBay.