• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 154 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Work today was short staffed due to shortened hours and everything that could go wrong did.

1. Ran out of all but 2 types of bread by 11:30am ( we offer 9)
    2. Everyone came in wanting cookies in large batches and several batches got burnt
    3. Due to reduced staff everyone was doing double work to get shit done
    4. Didn’t go on lunch until 1:30 - store closed at 3pm and had people walking up until 2:59pm.
    So fucking glad to be off until next week right now as not one person offered to help me with anything knowing how behind I was due to helping them during the day.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Fucking old people. 1 outlet in the bathroom popped breaker it seems what's this guy do but flip all outlet breakers for the entire building. So busy fixing the computers that got hard shutdown as well as our server. And he's just like oh I just know not to throw the main. No shit sherlock
    Get a UPS, Abe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Get a UPS, Abe.
    This at work. I can't even convince my boss that old computers take time to start up without him asking me every minute if I'm logged in and doing stuff again already. And this the guy that asks me to shorten company names so that they might take up one less line to one day one time maybe take up 1 less sheet of paper so good luck getting him to spend real money lol

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This at work. I can't even convince my boss that old computers take time to start up without him asking me every minute if I'm logged in and doing stuff again already. And this the guy that asks me to shorten company names so that they might take up one less line to one day one time maybe take up 1 less sheet of paper so good luck getting him to spend real money lol
    Then he deserves what will inevitably happen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Agreed but in the meantime I gotta pretend like I'm some crazy computer science guy because I can read menus and google

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Been waiting what feels forever for the afterbirth+ add-on to release for Binding of Isaac PS4. Finally google for when it comes out and find out it released in September. Search the store on PC and says not available because I don't own the other content (which I do) But for some reason, on the PS4, it doesn't show up if you search for it or connect from the gamepage. Ended up have to check new add-ons and keep scrolling past like 300 swimsuit costumes or whatever before I finally found it for purchase.

Giving me flashbacks to how hard SE likes to make it to give them money.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Agreed but in the meantime I gotta pretend like I'm some crazy computer science guy because I can read menus and google
    I knew how to connect a computer to the TV in our conference room and was asked if I was a hacker or something and how I knew all this stuff.

There's an HDMI and a VGA port in the wall next to the TV so all you have to do is connect a cable on both ends...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I knew how to connect a computer to the TV in our conference room and was asked if I was a hacker or something and how I knew all this stuff.

There's an HDMI and a VGA port in the wall next to the TV so all you have to do is connect a cable on both ends...
    I get asked what plain English means just because it's on a computer. For example program asks do you want to save this as this forever... get asked what it means. Um exactly that. Ok well do I want to do that? Idk do you I don't know what you are working on is that something you want done? Like seriously if you had the exact same question with the computer removed you'd know the answer so stop over complicating it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Costco stopped carrying my avocado oil. Damn those bastards. Also saw a pile of brown stuff on my way home... upon closer inspection it was a giant pile of chocolate chips. Like 10 lbs worth. As a chocoholic this has completely ruined my week

Old Merits
    BG Level

I will never again brag about salary raises. After some time passed, I eventually decided I'd put it on hold due to our office's financial situation. Now, again, adjustments to my salary are being considered - downwards. Karma, god.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

If I were you I'd show up w/ a Power Glove just to fuck around w/ 'em.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's so bad

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Little overcast and damn near December so figure hey time for pants. Nope still mid 60s and now legs just a bit too warm. But then go into 5 guys and on top of the heat from cooking it seems like they have the heat on. Uggg

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I have a specialized open end wrench that is only used for loosening large the nuts on casters/wheels for certain heavy carts. I rarely use it, but when I need it, it's generally because nothing else will fit in the narrow gaps these things often have. It's been on my desk in the same place for the last year (when I used it last), so naturally when I cleaned my desk up for our new director's visit, I put it up...somewhere.

Took me an hour to find, and then it was too large for the casters I was working with.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elpetit89 View Post
    Customers, good god. "The sign on your door says closed", now why would it say that?
    Oh wow I missed this(would've replied sooner). In my 20 years in retail, the most frustrated moments have always been moments before a store opens, and when the store has closed, and the alcohol curfew.

When the store hasn't opened yet(BIG SIGN ON DOOR WITH STORE HOURS): "When yall gone open up???" "Yall open?" "Yall closed?"
    Or if I'm coming to work for morning shift.. "You opening the store?"

When the store has closed: "Can I come in and by something right quick?" "Why yall ain't 24 hours like the other stores 'round here" .

Alcohol law states(for GA at least): No alcohol to be sold after 2AM on weekdays. For Saturday, 12AM(because no alcohol is sold on Sunday).
    The one that stands out here is one guy placed the beer he was going to buy in his shopping cart. It is 1AM when he does this. Takes about 1.15hr to get to the register. Self Service is programmed to reject beer sales after 2AM. Guy gets REAL pissed and demands the cashier(the one running self service) to let him buy it and when the cashier tries to explain, dude starts getting in his face. Cops had to come to the store and the now he's wanting to fight the cops o_o. Gotta get drunk now, I guess.

Although I may end up going back to retail.. I have to say in the year I've been out of it, I haven't missed one day of it. My first few years, I thought there's a lot of stupid customers. However as I gained more experience with working with them, I've come to realize, a lot of them feel entitled, and that if they want something, they want it right now, regardless of any impeding circumstances.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

entitlement and snowflake-ism. they want to feel special.

reminds me, on friday i did some more floorwalking, and took an escalated call that just made me facepalm. so, to preface this, we are REQUIRED to offer self-help on calls. we get docked if we don't, and particularly good/relevant self-help can get us extra marks. so be clear, here, the self-help is basically just "we also have a lot of resources online at whatever.com/whatever." Now, everyone phrases this a little differently, but the idea is since MOST people hate the automated phone system, this saves them some frustration (and our time) by letting people fix most regular maintenance type problems themselves with minimal effort.

so, this lady called in and would not speak to the representative who answered. insisted she wanted a manager. so i took the call, asked what's up. she explains that the PREVIOUS representative who troubleshot with her and fixed her problem told her that next time she could do it herself, which SHE took to mean she was wasting our time. i asked if he was rude, start pulling up the forms to submit feedback on the rep, but she said no, not directly, she just wanted to let us know the sort of representatives we hire. I explain about how the tools are totally optional, a lot of people don't know they're there and like using them so we like to mention it, we're there 24/7 to help whether you use the tools or not, and the intention was not at all to imply she was wasting our time. She gets all huffy, and eventually ended the call with "I see the kind of company this is now! Even the managers!"

the kind of company that hires people who do their jobs? great! that's exactly the kind of company i wanna work for. i trashed the feedback form and spent the rest of the day sharing that story with my colleagues.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While I do not work retail, in just five months with my company I already have a plethora of WTF moments from people. While I wasn't there for these past moments, some favorite stories I've heard is a guy making a claim because a prostitute stole his vehicle, a woman claiming she's suing a nearby factory because her boobs are now purple from radiation, and a woman so fat an armless chair got wedged into her ass when she went to get up.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel like everyone of those could easily be made into a Farmer's Insurance commercial.

Onto another customer service topic, loving my new job but I'm still in that training phase where I'm getting some of the more menial tasks to insure I know how to handle stuff. Was doing outbound calls to book people for HVAC maintenance and got a guy who's either a real shit or we've wronged in the past. Was super antagonistic over the phone, maybe a min into the call he just goes crazy yelling something akin to "fuck you and fuck your company for calling me," yet remains on the line for a comeback. Handle it professionally, idc if someone cusses. Didn't save the call but I don't think that was much on his mind as much as trying to get a reaction. Told a couple of co-workers about it for laughs and they all had a frightened response, like they had never dealt with that or wouldn't be able to handle it.

More to throw onto the training plate once that comes into play in the new year.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

So at Disneyland for thanksgiving and it’s been awesome except the last day I’ve had ridiculous what I can only determine is motion sickness. My favorite rides I’ve done over and over countless times even as soon as a few months ago and earlier in the trip made me so sick yesterday.

It really put a damper on our last full night and now I’m wondering what the fuck is causing it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I work quality control at an asphalt plant in NH. I guess this post is just a vent because working with 50+ year old guys that have been doing this for 30+ years can be frustrating as fuck. I don't tell them what to do out of spite or disrespect, it's my fucking job people. God damn it. My job is to mainly test, observe, and report. I can only show them results of the asphalt THEY are making, and then they get all huffy when I show them examples of what might help to improve it.

"Oh you did the test wrong"
    "Oh you fucked up the numbers"
    Favorite: "I've been doing this way longer than you have, kid."

Fuck off and die grandpa. End rant.