• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Did they run the tests for a stroke? My initial thought is echoing the ocular migraine. Everything you described I have experienced. Both times I got the free ride to the ER because they thought I was having a stroke. My sister DID have a stroke at 35 and she experienced a blinding headache, intense neck pain(the clot was in her neck,) slurring words, knowing the right words to say but not being to speak them. Hopefully it was just a migraine. Having a stroke is horrific.
    Yeah at the ER they did a ct scan of my head and a chest xray. The hospital they took me to specializes in strokes which is why they took me there. They said they didn't see any evidence of stroke.

I also experienced another event this morning much smaller but my vision started to go funky and my wife said I was slurring my words for about 10 minutes. Weird thing is inside my head I thought I was talking just fine. This time she had me lie down on the bed immediately and close my eyes and I rested. While I was resting my body spacial awareness went away. I had a moment where I couldn't tell where my hands were even though they were resting on my chest.

Then it all cleared up and I was exhausted, cold, and hungry. I got under a blanket and started to fall asleep even though I just woke up from a full nights rest and it is like 80 degrees out.

At this point we have no idea what is going on except that I need to go see a neurologist. It could very well be an ocular migraine that is what I am hoping. All the other things are much worse.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If the stroke was negative I'm betting migraine. I've lost feeling in my hands before basically almost passing out as my first ocular migraine kicked in. Everything was blurring and I felt detached.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Been dealing with patellar tendonitis in my left leg for a while now, along with tendonitis in my hip. Now the foot on the same leg is having pain and various issues. Add to that, and my prostititis that hasn't reared it's damn head in 10 years decides to come back with a vengeance.

I'm only 33 and my body is falling apart. I thought I had until my 40s when this shit starts to happen, damnit.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Been dealing with patellar tendonitis in my left leg for a while now, along with tendonitis in my hip. Now the foot on the same leg is having pain and various issues. Add to that, and my prostititis that hasn't reared it's damn head in 10 years decides to come back with a vengeance.

I'm only 33 and my body is falling apart. I thought I had until my 40s when this shit starts to happen, damnit.
    Right there with you. I am only 35. Didn't expect to suddenly start going through shit like this so young.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Right there with you. I am only 35. Didn't expect to suddenly start going through shit like this so young.
    I can deal with the problems themselves; I've had my share of medical issues my whole life, but the thought that "this is it, this is officially when i'm "older" and now there's no turning back" is depressing as hell.

BG Level

It's not the age, baby, it's the mileage. I'm 43 and I've been fucked up for 17 years. I was hurt and managing to deal with it since I was a teenager, but there comes a point when your body says "lol, nope."

Hang in there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

It's appreciated. Can't be too surprised given my family's medical history. I suddenly understand why my grandparents needed pill counters. Not so funny to joke about anymore lol.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post

Are you overweight? I had feet and knee issues, lost 20 pounds and no more problems

Been dealing with QL issues for the past 2 years, thereabouts, now. I attribute it to a mix of injuries to my back and knee during high school football, of which it's highly probably I started playing again too soon. Either way, get some nights where my right side may as well be paralyzed from the bottom of my ribs to my knee and it fucking sucks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Are you overweight? I had feet and knee issues, lost 20 pounds and no more problems
    Quite the opposite, actually. I recently lost 29 lbs. 6ft, 204lbs. Been lifting for almost 4 years. Finally at a point where my six-pack is starting to show. My body just decided to do what Mallister said; "lol nope".

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

walk out of my garage. tree branch i didnt see (it was dark) brushes against my face, instinctively duck away from it. into the corner of a dresser. with my eyebrow. with all of the strength and speed of a reflexive dodge away from something. fucking huge ass knot on my eyebrow now.

im just lucky i didnt hit my eye proper, i guess.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    walk out of my garage. tree branch i didnt see (it was dark) brushes against my face, instinctively duck away from it. into the corner of a dresser. with my eyebrow. with all of the strength and speed of a reflexive dodge away from something. fucking huge ass knot on my eyebrow now.

That sucks :/

Old Merits
    BG Level

You can always make up a badass story or tell people that they should see what the other guy looks like.

I've been working all day on this transcript of an interview with an alleged rape victim in an ongoing investigation and, aside from the contents being terrible to stomach, the quality of the raw transcript I got is abysmal. Three guys working on that and, apparently, the guys doing the transcript thought the speakers were cavemen, that's what the English looks like, at least, and the proofreader was either drunk or high, I don't know, but I need to get this out tonight and have no time to return it to them for further reworking.

I'll fix this myself, but I won't pay a single cent until they send me a proper transcript; I don't care that I won't even need it at that point.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just tell people you were mistook for a Neo-Nazi

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

One of the newly promoted managers at work has no common sense. She's been doing it for about 2 months now, and yesterday was just another bit of proof against her. Closed out one of the morning shift workers so the drawer would be available for somebody on the night shift. Theatre concession register starts with $100. Her idea of getting the drawer ready? 3 Twenties, 7 fives, and $5 in dimes, nickels, pennies (no quarters).

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Been trying to sell my boss's old monitor (LG 34UM95-P) for a fucking month and have only been getting lowball numbers. It's in perfect condition and I can't stand having it sit around my goddamn apartment.

Fuck craigslist, fuck letgo, and fuck shitty buyers.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

what are you asking? because that things $1000 on amazon; for that kind of money i could get a mid-range 55" or 65" and still have money to spare. or start building my gf a whole desktop; that's just over half what i'm planning on budgeting.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Speaking of fail and CL. Ad for a GTX 1080 at $350. Contact seller and he responds around 4PM. Texting constantly setting a meet up as it's about 1hr 45min away from me. Says he's on the way and should be about an hour. That was at 7PM EST. Got home recently. Guess what I do not have in my possession....

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

what are you asking? because that things $1000 on amazon; for that kind of money i could get a mid-range 55" or 65" and still have money to spare. or start building my gf a whole desktop; that's just over half what i'm planning on budgeting.
    Started around 450, would have taken 300-350 easily. Had a buyer in my building for 250 but he bought something else while I waited for another buyer to schedule payment/pickup.

It's going for 350 for parts on ebay and 400-500 in excellent condition (which mine is)

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My gallbladder hates me (I think). Will find out later today.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast