Closed Thread
Page 102 of 158 FirstFirst ... 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Was going through some old paperwork I had stored, and found an old letter from my ex. Shouldn't have read it, but I did. Long story short, it felt like a knife through the heart, then turned into fuck him and fuck everything that our relationship turned into within a few minutes. Tossed that shit into the trash, bagged it up, and tossed it into the dumpster. I feel so much better.
    Should have lit it on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Considered it, but it's a community dumpster for the apartment... so I figured that was a bad idea.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Doing a shout out win for my wife. Saturday she received a letter from the community college she is currently attending for the RN program. She made Dean's List. It put me in my place about myself and my lack of effort to achieve my own goals for a career. My wife grew up being literally dirt poor. Her "toys" as a kid were spiders she'd collect and have them fight by using a stick. She was never taught how to essentially be an adult. Her first day of "work" came at the age of 27 as a "fashion team member" at Meijer (local supermarket). And here she is one year away from getting her LPN cert and will be a Registered Nurse not long after.

I took a hard look at myself and said damn it get your ass in gear. I'm probably a year and a few courses away from an associates. My school, Baker College (I know, stupid), has done away with the associate's in pc programming so I'm leaning toward cyber security even though I know nothing about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Was going through some old paperwork I had stored, and found an old letter from my ex. Shouldn't have read it, but I did. Long story short, it felt like a knife through the heart, then turned into fuck him and fuck everything that our relationship turned into within a few minutes. Tossed that shit into the trash, bagged it up, and tossed it into the dumpster. I feel so much better.
    A few months ago I was going thru one of my email accounts spam and found something from ex that broke up with me like a year and a half ago that somehow went there and hadn't noticed because it seems she sent it right around when my town burned down and then holidays etc. It's still there unread

Edit: log into bank to check account and also because they offer extra rewards for online purchases by going thru links thru them and first see it seems they have credited me for my charge dispute though no message about it even in my account mail. They also bumped my vitamin store to 4% cash back and were also offering a 15% off code for them so I didn't have to use the 15% I got sent by the store and can save it for next order.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

First day feeling pretty decent after being sick for a week. Also got a nice reserved recliner seat at the movie theater right next to my work at 7:30pm right after I get out of work to see the new Dragon Ball movie tomorrow.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I've been poor, but I've never been "my only toys are spiders" poor. Big congrats to your wife.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I've been poor, but I've never been "my only toys are spiders" poor. Big congrats to your wife.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thank you good sir. Yeah, growing up in the Philippines where your mother lives abroad doing whatever she can to earn money and dad is a degenerate gambler, womanizer, and alcoholic is not an easy upbringing. She lived with her grandmother until she passed and then moved here once she was petitioned from her half sister who she had never met and her mother. It was a BIG deal if they got to have beef in the dish kaldereta (my favorite filipino dish) if that gives any idea on how little money they had and what they chose to spend that money on to be happy.

Many of us would be absolutely crushed if in our mid 20's all we had for income was part time minimum wage work folding cloths and putting things on hangers. Granted she was living with her sister and didn't have any bills but that's still very little money and yet she was so happy to just be able to work and earn. Even though we're getting close to our late 30's we put together a plan last year to cut back on spending so she could stop working so much overtime and go back to school. I had interviewed at the largest real estate office in our county and was told in so many words if I got my realtors license I'd have a desk. I ended up taking the insurance gig because of guaranteed money and job security (short of murdering a person in the office I'll probably never get fired for anything). Once she is working as a RN I will either quit or request part time and finish whatever is left of my schooling. My goal is to be 100% debt free once we've been working in our chosen positions for five years.

She is currently a full time student (not sure how many credit hours) and is working 36 hours a week as a CNA. That is why I'm so proud of her. She put her mind to it and is making it happen. I had started applying for anything just to get away from insurance but seeing her achieve this and with how my office will be very soon (one going on maternity in two weeks) I'm going back to school part time at night. Gonna have to cancel my XI subscription once that happens!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    First day feeling pretty decent after being sick for a week. Also got a nice reserved recliner seat at the movie theater right next to my work at 7:30pm right after I get out of work to see the new Dragon Ball movie tomorrow.
    Going to one of those theaters where you can order dinner to see the Dragonball movie with my brother. Super pumped.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I ended up getting a wheelchair accessible room at my resort hotel (first floor, roll-in shower, closet and door locks at waist level). I thought it must have been an error. Called the front desk to let them know because I didn’t want to be taking it from someone who might actually need it. They said it wasn’t an error, it was just the first available room and they didn’t have a hold on it. But they thanked me for checking and put a $10 credit on my room account. So I guess in this case it did pay to be nice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I ended up getting a wheelchair accessible room at my resort hotel (first floor, roll-in shower, closet and door locks at waist level). I thought it must have been an error. Called the front desk to let them know because I didn’t want to be taking it from someone who might actually need it. They said it wasn’t an error, it was just the first available room and they didn’t have a hold on it. But they thanked me for checking and put a $10 credit on my room account. So I guess in this case it did pay to be nice.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I have been super stressed out lately and having a really hard time at work and at home. I haven't had a day to myself in a really long time since I mostly drop my kids off and pick them up every day and make their breakfast lunch and dinner. My mom took both boys down to the beach near our house and my wife stayed home to do chores. I got to go to the movies by myself and it was amazing! I didn't have to worry about anything. I saw the new Spiderman movie and I don't know if it was because I got to watch it uninterrupted and without a care in the world or if it was actually good but I thought it was an amazing movie.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Got my 100/100 fiber installed today, loving it so far. I don't have to groan every time I see a 10 gig update before I can start playing a game now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Welcome to fiber master race.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

fiber is bae

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I keep going to download games and I see 40gb and I'm like oh man, that'll take forever! Then I smack myself on the forehead and go oh yeah, now it won't!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

In part due to laziness, partly due to the fact I suck at cooking, and add in more laziness, i've always been horrible about eating a bowl of cereal before work or even bringing my lunch to work. For the first time in what had to have been forever, Every meal this work week has been eaten at home. My insides feel better not being clogged up with junk, and my wallet for sure feels a whole helluva lot healthier as well.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You left work to eat at home? Just bring your lunch in.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

intermittent fasting master race checking in.

Don't have to eat a junk breakfast at work if you don't eat breakfast

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    intermittent fasting master race checking in.

Don't have to eat a junk breakfast at work if you don't eat breakfast

I love intermittent fasting even with my new overnight work schedule it works out well. I start work at 6pm so typically have a protein shake or other high protein snack , then eat dinner around 10pm. Last snack by 3am. Then I don’t eat again until work starts. I haven’t been hungry at all and also not exhausted at work either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Work is not an excuse for eating junk breakfast. There are lot’s of simple, healthy recipes out there that you can bring in with you. They are also lazy-friendly.

For snacks at work, go with Almonds and dried apricots. My usual serving is 8 almonds and 2 apricots per snack. Depending on your tastes you can also add some hazelnuts and walnuts. Again, takes no time to prepare. Just put them all in.

I start work at 8, 7 is a massive rush hour so I leave home at 6:30 and be at work by 6:50. I worked out a deal with a local cafe near work so they quickly prepare me a healthy breakfast with feta, tomatoes, etc. Also leaves some time for reading newspapers.