Closed Thread
Page 107 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Is there anywhere online that advertises such deals?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Is there anywhere online that advertises such deals?

There might be but I'm not aware of it. I'd look up furniture stores in the area and check it out. I was on a serious budget for a couch and ended up finding the best deal at Scandinavian Designs.

The larger the store the larger their "damaged" section. SD had two entire floors and about an eighth of it was dedicated to the discount stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I have no explanation for why, and I locked the price in that day because sure enough it jumped over $150 24 hours later, but they had a newly-renovated room with literally twice the square footage available for only another $100 a month. The room I got was actually their largest 1-bedroom model and for that day only was coming in cheaper than the smaller ones.
    I fucking hate that shit. I mean it's great when it works out like that but also creates that oh shit must lock that shit in now and also much feel bads when it goes the other way and you find out after that that if you signed the lease a day later the exact same apartments rent would be significantly cheaper a year down the road.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Finally got a conditional job offer for the position I applied to about eight months ago! I guess HR finally got the go ahead to unfreeze hiring now that the government isn’t looking to shutdown again lol.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Not sure if this is a win or a fail yet but a couple years ago my hometown faced a pretty big disaster when we got almost 100" of rain over a 2 month period. The road was devastated. I was able to get a few photos published in the local paper (was paid for them) and secure my media badge to get me into construction zones to document the whole rebuilding of the road. Fast forward and my photos have been published all over the place in engineering magazines and on the news.

Now a tv station in Germany is doing a documentary feature on my home town and wants to use one of my photos in their show. They are going to send me a contract and they want to pay me for the one photo. It isn't much but even the fact that they offered me a little bit is a win as most news/tv stations just assume you will give away your stuff for free.

The part that I am not so sure about is they want to send me a contract then they want to transfer the money directly into my bank account. It doesn't sound like a scam and the amount is really small. What is the safest way to receive money from an entity in another country if they won't use paypal? I will be getting a written contract/license to sign so they can use the photo.

I will also call my bank to find out their recommendation but I thought I would ask here if anyone has experience with it.

No matter what the end result is it does feel good for my photography to be getting more and more attention out there.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would do a bit of googling. No need to lawyer up but I know it's taxable. You can do an ACH transfer internationally which is probably what they're doing.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I would do a bit of googling. No need to lawyer up but I know it's taxable. You can do an ACH transfer internationally which is probably what they're doing.
    What information is safe for me to provide them in order to complete the transfer? I know it will be taxable I keep track of all my photography earnings and report it every year. It isn't much since it isn't my main source of income yet but it is enough that I don't want to mess around with it. Is it safe to provide your bank account number and routing number?

I will look up an AHC transfer.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    What information is safe for me to provide them in order to complete the transfer? I know it will be taxable I keep track of all my photography earnings and report it every year. It isn't much since it isn't my main source of income yet but it is enough that I don't want to mess around with it. Is it safe to provide your bank account number and routing number?

I will look up an AHC transfer.
    They will need the routing number and your account number I believe. Worth asking the internet a bit more than me tbh.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Finally got a conditional job offer for the position I applied to about eight months ago! I guess HR finally got the go ahead to unfreeze hiring now that the government isn’t looking to shutdown again lol.
    Congrats that’s awesome news !

I’m waiting along with about 12 coworkers for the oral interview panel of our promotional job opportunity we applied for. We know we passed the written exam but waiting for the email with the official date of the interview is driving us crazy.
    Everyday we come in asking if our status changed lol. I mean fuck to get this job took me from last February to October to get hired so I know the county here is slow..

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Nice!!! Congrats man!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Not sure if this is a win or a fail yet but a couple years ago my hometown faced a pretty big disaster when we got almost 100" of rain over a 2 month period. The road was devastated. I was able to get a few photos published in the local paper (was paid for them) and secure my media badge to get me into construction zones to document the whole rebuilding of the road. Fast forward and my photos have been published all over the place in engineering magazines and on the news.

Now a tv station in Germany is doing a documentary feature on my home town and wants to use one of my photos in their show. They are going to send me a contract and they want to pay me for the one photo. It isn't much but even the fact that they offered me a little bit is a win as most news/tv stations just assume you will give away your stuff for free.

The part that I am not so sure about is they want to send me a contract then they want to transfer the money directly into my bank account. It doesn't sound like a scam and the amount is really small. What is the safest way to receive money from an entity in another country if they won't use paypal? I will be getting a written contract/license to sign so they can use the photo.

I will also call my bank to find out their recommendation but I thought I would ask here if anyone has experience with it.

No matter what the end result is it does feel good for my photography to be getting more and more attention out there.
    Just let them use the bank transfer. Talk to your bank regarding this and they are going to give you a SWIFT code. Give this to the person sending you the money and your account number and they’ll take care of it.

One important factor though, some banks charge transaction costs for receiving money internationally as well. Ask this to your bank, too.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Just let them use the bank transfer. Talk to your bank regarding this and they are going to give you a SWIFT code. Give this to the person sending you the money and your account number and they’ll take care of it.

One important factor though, some banks charge transaction costs for receiving money internationally as well. Ask this to your bank, too.
    Yes thank you for mentioning that. I will call my bank and get the info from them. The TV station stated that they would add the transfer fee in to my payment to cover it for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if this is a win or a fail yet but a couple years ago my hometown faced a pretty big disaster when we got almost 100" of rain over a 2 month period.
    Geez how much did that raise rivers and such?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

too much, apparently.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I'm literally in school 12 hours a day 6 days a week, and last week had a bunch of tests and very little sleep. But fuck man, having the chance to dick around w/ multi million state of the art equipment is priceless.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Went to a local medieval festival with my mom, her friend, and my friend, had a fun time. Was much better then sleeping in all day. Saw jousting, some shows, people dressed as elves, Gandalf, and for some odd reason Star Trek crew members.

Edit: Best part: when they declared the winner for jousting, the person with the bugle? Trumpet? w/e did the FF victory full jingle XD.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kinda gross so I’ll spoiler this but it’s a win for me
    Spoiler: show
    Been dealing with a lingering cough the last few days. Earlier today I coughed up some phlegm, the big green good shit. I immediately felt glorious getting it out of me. It’s been 2 1/2 hours and I haven’t coughed since.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Geez how much did that raise rivers and such?
    The river and creeks weren't too bad actually but there were mudslides EVERYWHERE! One took out the bridge near my house. It took them 7 months to replace the bridge with a brand new one. The only highway through the area was completely closed during that time. At the same time the largest (by volume) landslide in the history of California happened about 40ish miles south of the bridge that was out taking out a 3/4 mile stretch of highway so there was a huge section of the area that was completely cut off for an extended period of time. I live to the north of the bridge, my work is to the south. I spent almost a year hiking back and forth on a trail through the woods to get to work. It was crazy. This is all one year after we experienced the most expensive fire in the history of the USA in our area too.

Oh and my second son was born just a few months before all this went down so we had a newborn at the time too. Made it kinda hard to get supplies and stuff.

Some videos of the bridge being built on my youtube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8..._as=subscriber

Photo gallery of the damage and construction of the bridge that I made:
    https://www.studio-inspiration.com/K...es/Winter-2017

It was quite a disaster but I also was able to get photos and video published in several places as a result and sold a bunch of photos from the project to the engineering firms working on it.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Putting this here for exposure and hopefully some guidance. There is a CompTIA training bundle for $24 after promo code. Is this worth buying to study in attempts to take the CompTIA test? I'm not sure what job this would help me get. IT Desk? What y'all think? The win I suppose is the price.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So there's this town decently out of our way that we have 3 small stops in. We let them all know we putting them on the same 8 week schedule because it's not cost efficient at all for us to drive way out there for just 1 of them. So one of them that we've been doing for years denied service saying they could easily wait another 8 weeks. Ok if you sure... and like 2 weeks later they call desperate for immediate service... we tell them it would cost us more to send our huge truck out there just to destroy what would be maybe 6-7 boxes of paper but the boss says he could take drive by in his pickup and bring them back here to destroy if they don't want to wait till later. They agree need us there next day. Next day comes around and boss gets there and they changed their mind want it destroyed on site and start raising a fuss about they need it right then. Boss actually mans up and is like no it will literally cost me more money to send the truck out here than I charge you. So they were like well if you can't come early we dropping you and the boss like a mad man is like fine with me. So we drop a troublesome customer and boss actually shows a tiny bit of backbone for once