Closed Thread
Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Reapplied the thermal paste on my cpu and reseated the cooler this weekend. The average temps have gone down a couple degrees.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Birthday weekend was all good food and good company--feeling really grateful.

Saturday dinner was lamb sliders & arepas til I hurt, and Sunday brunch was some HQ dim sum. Then we hit the arcade and came home for some LAN Left 4 Dead.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

the bars thing: depends on where you live, iirc. in wisconsin, for example, you're allowed to drink underage at private residences as long as you have parental supervision. or, at least, you used to be. similarly, you can go to bars with your parents. they won't serve you booze, but you can go. pretty sure that's also the case in MN.

i think it also depends on the establishment. if it's a quiet bar more about food and chilling, they're going to be more likely to be okay with having kids around. i can't see a loud party bar being happy with babies around.

kinda related: the county home to Mayo Clinic has just raised the tobacco age to 21.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Had my interview for IT help desk yesterday. I had no idea this place is a freaking compound. The atmosphere seems very nice and friendly. I interviewed with the department manager, supervisor, and one who works in the department. I was only asked one troubleshooting question. All other questions revolved around how I'd handle stressful situations, recalling times of success, etc. I then received the tour of the building I'd be working in, including the area the department is going to be moving to at some point this year.

Wife thinks I have it since they gave the tour. I'm not so sure. I'm super stressed/nervous because it would be something new and outside of what's "normal" for me. And while the commute is only about 40 minutes each way, it's still a commute. I work 2.5 miles from home right now. However, they have a rule that if your local schools cancel for weather then you can work from home. Same if say you have a thing where the appliance company is delivering from 8am to 2pm. Just work from home.

This is probably fail but it goes with the above. Before I left work for the interview, my coworker turned in her laptop as she's going to give birth probably any day now. While here the toxic coworker goes to complain to her about the boss getting on her. Basically, three weeks ago boss told her that her main job duty is to set appointments for current customer reviews. She was telling the one leaving that now she's going to be home on maternity leave she should do the appointment setting. We both were like, umm...what? Did she really just say that?

The one leaving also had about an hour meeting with the boss. We talk on the phone yesterday after my interview and she tells me the boss said he hopes I'm not really leaving. I guess when I told him I'm leaving that meant I might stay.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Had my interview for IT help desk yesterday. I had no idea this place is a freaking compound. The atmosphere seems very nice and friendly. I interviewed with the department manager, supervisor, and one who works in the department. I was only asked one troubleshooting question. All other questions revolved around how I'd handle stressful situations, recalling times of success, etc. I then received the tour of the building I'd be working in, including the area the department is going to be moving to at some point this year.

Wife thinks I have it since they gave the tour. I'm not so sure.
    Sounds a lot like my interview at Charter/Spectrum. You have it... because places like that are desperate for new hires. They have huge turnover, despite the working environment being decent.

Personally, it wasn't the calls that burned me out on it. It was the management's utter lack of shits to give. My supervisor was great, but above that they gave no fucks. The misinformation floating around the call center was insane.

I don't say this to warn you off. Generally, places like that are decent places to work if you can tolerate the calls and the management. Plus, it's a good skillset to have. If nothing else, it'll keep you paid while you find something better.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Sounds a lot like my interview at Charter/Spectrum. You have it... because places like that are desperate for new hires. They have huge turnover, despite the working environment being decent.

Personally, it wasn't the calls that burned me out on it. It was the management's utter lack of shits to give. My supervisor was great, but above that they gave no fucks. The misinformation floating around the call center was insane.

I don't say this to warn you off. Generally, places like that are decent places to work if you can tolerate the calls and the management. Plus, it's a good skillset to have. If nothing else, it'll keep you paid while you find something better.
    They told me during the phone interview they've been having trouble finding people with good communication skills. I found that interesting. While sitting at a conference desk answering questions there were a lot of jokes and laughter. Manager has been there for 27 years. Supervisor I want to say 12 years. They seemed very loose acting. Jeans and non company polo shirts. The place has a good size gym, basketball court, ping pong tables, bikes to ride on campus, and a cafeteria with chefs on hand. I made a comment about it and they said, "We're not quite Google, but we want work to be a fun place."

A few hours ago I sent HR a thank you email (never received email for direct supervisor or manager). I received a response fairly quickly saying they will forward my thank you email and that as soon as they (HR) have feedback they will be in touch. I don't want to count chickens but as nervous as I am to do something I've never done with minimal knowledge I really want to do this and feel I need to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My brother's family was over for dinner, and it got around to telling stupid jokes. My 12 year old niece lays this one on us. "How many friendzoned guys does it take to change a lightbulb? Zero. They just give it compliments than GET ANGRY WHEN IT WON'T SCREW." I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. I swear, her mother almost peed herself hearing her daughter say that. Have to admire her confidence to say a joke like that in from of her parents and grandparents.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

friendos, i got doggos.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

They are so f*cking cute!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Random Win IRL Fuck Ya Thread: BG moved out of the basement and got jobs.

Woke up to the sound of street sweepers. I’d forgotten all about it and hadn’t moved my car. Ran downstairs and it was still down the block.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

tfw you can now work from home to pick up packages

CHECKMATE, AMAZON THIEVES

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    tfw you can now work from home to pick up packages

CHECKMATE, AMAZON THIEVES
    SOON FRENS. SOON.

Already been approved to relocate and WFH, just waiting for warmer weather, saving money, and my girlfriends current lease to end.

And our department is restructuring and pretty sure I am about to get a promotion as a result.

If that happens I will start reporting to a new boss who works in our Hollywood office, which means there is even less of a reason for me to physically be in this office.

Everyone in our department has had their reviews, but no one has been told what their pay increase will be. I think this is because of the restructuring and they didn't want to give us both yearly increase and then a promotion increase on top of that. Basically we're being split into customer frontline support (answering phone calls, emails, and cases) and product support, which handles complicated problems frontline can't troubleshoot. I don't think there is anyone else in our department that deals with more of that stuff so I'd be surprised if I didn't get moved to that team.

Here's hoping my pay increase is more than I am expecting.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Took the wifey to City Island and surprisingly there wasn’t much traffic to there and back.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Today was a light traffic day for some reason. Were the Yankees playing and diverting the traffic to the Deegan?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Between being pregnant and having the baby we haven't been to the city in forever, so we'll probably make up for it by overspending and doing omekase or some other Michelin star place. Been a while since we've been to bohemian either btw thanks fam. We haven't shared the invite to any of our friends because they aren't good enough and we'd rather hold it over their heads.

All I fucking want is ippudo with extra noodles pork and egg and maybe meatball shoppe.

Iv never work in my life, even a five minutes, i cant get out of the basement cause Russia is fucking world's underground.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RepinMaximRomanovich View Post
    Iv never work in my life, even a five minutes, i cant get out of the basement cause Russia is fucking world's underground.
    Found the new IRA employee.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    SOON FRENS. SOON.

Already been approved to relocate and WFH, just waiting for warmer weather, saving money, and my girlfriends current lease to end.

And our department is restructuring and pretty sure I am about to get a promotion as a result.

If that happens I will start reporting to a new boss who works in our Hollywood office, which means there is even less of a reason for me to physically be in this office.

Everyone in our department has had their reviews, but no one has been told what their pay increase will be. I think this is because of the restructuring and they didn't want to give us both yearly increase and then a promotion increase on top of that. Basically we're being split into customer frontline support (answering phone calls, emails, and cases) and product support, which handles complicated problems frontline can't troubleshoot. I don't think there is anyone else in our department that deals with more of that stuff so I'd be surprised if I didn't get moved to that team.

Here's hoping my pay increase is more than I am expecting.
    that's awesome, grats! WFH is the best. I'm currently working in my underwear and hanging out with my cat. and I think I actually get more done this way lolol

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Just got tickets to Lizzo. If this is the Universe balancing out the part where I got ghosted, I'll fucking take it.

She has sold out twice this year and I couldn't get tickets to either show. So I'm fucking over the moon right now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Pork curry last night with leftovers for lunch (and more in the fridge). Wife is making Pad Thai tonight. I'm a lucky bastard.