Closed Thread
Page 124 of 158 FirstFirst ... 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My dudes... one of my coworkers who is currently in the position that I want to move into sent me a message today and told me she was leaving, she got another offer with another company for more money.

I have been waiting for this position to open since I started here, wouldn't take any others even though several slightly less desirable positions have opened since then. My current job is the best preparation for the job I want so I have just been crushing it an biding my time.

My whole management team knows I want this job, in my last review they said they would recommend me for it if it ever opened.

So now the question becomes are you going to give me this new position and still allow me to relocate and work remotely, because that has already been approved.

There is no reason that I need to be in an office, we have offices all over the country and many remote workers so it isn't really a stretch that they would allow it. Plus I would travel a fair amount, about 20-25%. Go get to see big customers and help them with implementation.

It would be a huge bump in salary which would help so much right now while I'm trying to save money to move, cause my car is a beater and I just put 1900$ more into it.

Fucking being able to move to where I want, be closer to my woman, and a 15k - 25k bump in salary. Yea that shit would make this one of the best years I've had on the planet

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    My dudes... one of my coworkers who is currently in the position that I want to move into sent me a message today and told me she was leaving, she got another offer with another company for more money.

I have been waiting for this position to open since I started here, wouldn't take any others even though several slightly less desirable positions have opened since then. My current job is the best preparation for the job I want so I have just been crushing it an biding my time.

My whole management team knows I want this job, in my last review they said they would recommend me for it if it ever opened.

So now the question becomes are you going to give me this new position and still allow me to relocate and work remotely, because that has already been approved.

There is no reason that I need to be in an office, we have offices all over the country and many remote workers so it isn't really a stretch that they would allow it. Plus I would travel a fair amount, about 20-25%. Go get to see big customers and help them with implementation.

It would be a huge bump in salary which would help so much right now while I'm trying to save money to move, cause my car is a beater and I just put 1900$ more into it.

Fucking being able to move to where I want, be closer to my woman, and a 15k - 25k bump in salary. Yea that shit would make this one of the best years I've had on the planet

Inb4 they're hiring from outside cause its cheaper

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

But good luck

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah bro not to rain on your parade but make sure it happens first

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Were not cynical at all lol

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Were not cynical at all lol

I call it realistic lol

Words are wind...

And I've been fed bullshit by work superiors at too many different jobs. Hopefully it works out for homie

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I call it realistic lol

Words are wind...

And I've been fed bullshit by work superiors at too many different jobs. Hopefully it works out for homie

This, if I stayed at the Sheriff's Office for the supposed promotion as I was next in line when I left in 2014, I'd still be in the same position as I was now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Inb4 they're hiring from outside cause its cheaper
    I don't think it will go that way, these particular positions they usually fill from within because they require so much specific knowledge you could only really gain from learning about and supporting our products, and I am pretty cheap labor as it is haha.

Thanks though haha. I tend not to get overexcited over things that haven't happened yet, used to getting the rug pulled out from under me.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My husband just got a 15k raise!!! wooooooo. Avocados for everyone, bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Ask if she's already put in her 2 weeks or whatever, and if so, start the conversation with your boss. Ideally with her present. It still may not be a guarantee, but if they're prefer hiring within and everyone else says you'd be a good fit, I don't think that bit of initiative could hurt.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Ask if she's already put in her 2 weeks or whatever, and if so, start the conversation with your boss. Ideally with her present. It still may not be a guarantee, but if they're prefer hiring within and everyone else says you'd be a good fit, I don't think that bit of initiative could hurt.
    Thanks for the advice. She told me today that she already has, her last day is 6/14. I planned to talk with my assistant managers on Monday and ask who I should speak with to make my interest in the position known. I think I know already, just trying to follow chain of command so no one gets butthurt.

They usually send out internal emails for job postings like this and that hasn't been done yet, might not be done until she leaves but it certainly won't hurt to talk to the manager of that department before everyone else gets a chance to.

Also congrats Ksandra, that's a nice win!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Got a wedding invitation from a sexual assault victim in one of my old cases. Fucking crazy, she was 15 when no one believed she was raped. I then got the confession from the subject when the local police wouldn’t even bother with the case. She’s now 21. God I feel old lol.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Got a wedding invitation from a sexual assault victim in one of my old cases. Fucking crazy, she was 15 when no one believed she was raped. I then got the confession from the subject when the local police wouldn’t even bother with the case. She’s now 21. God I feel old lol.
    goddamn that's awesome

GATTACA!

BG Level

Good job dude

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wife is in the middle of an extremely high-risk pregnancy. 45 years old, first child, IVF, overweight. We just had out 22 week checkup and everything is going good. Making it to 28 weeks and then 36 weeks are our next big milestones.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Wife is in the middle of an extremely high-risk pregnancy. 45 years old, first child, IVF, overweight. We just had out 22 week checkup and everything is going good. Making it to 28 weeks and then 36 weeks are our next big milestones.
    Hang in there buddy, 40-something pregnancies becoming more and more common. You guys are gonna be just fine.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Is this actually you?

https://youtu.be/iY8G28brEYk

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

GF is now 35 weeks pregnant

Getting closer

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Feels like everyone on BG is pregnant/having kids within the last year or so lol.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

We're all that age. If we started playing XI around NA release 16 years ago at the ages of 15-20, it puts us right in the thick of it.