Closed Thread
Page 128 of 158 FirstFirst ... 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    1.5 month after the massive city flood, the 8 month old pregnant girlfriend and I are finally able to move back in the house even if we don’t have a basement anymore for now.

The 2nd random win, is the mother in law is furious about me, because she made a baby room in her house when I told her not to, and now we moved out without the GF giving birth so her baby room is semi useless.

Fuck the GF and I are happy about going back home
    How far is the mother-in-law? Tell her to babysit and then she can use the room.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Getting ready for my first solo flight. If everything goes perfectly fine in terms of weather, etc. I should be flying with my own wings by the beginning of next month!

Polished my taxiing (rudder usage was something different after 18 years of driving), take offs are much smoother and I feel more confident in terms of altitude control.

Need a bit more practice on landings though. According to my FI I am holding yoke a bit too tight and doing too many tiny adjustments as if I am flying a Boeing 777.
    Blog it.

Seriously gratz. I have been on an aviation kick on YT with flight blogs over the past year plus. I blame my friend for showing me AirforceProud95.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Getting ready for my first solo flight. If everything goes perfectly fine in terms of weather, etc. I should be flying with my own wings by the beginning of next month!

Polished my taxiing (rudder usage was something different after 18 years of driving), take offs are much smoother and I feel more confident in terms of altitude control.

Need a bit more practice on landings though. According to my FI I am holding yoke a bit too tight and doing too many tiny adjustments as if I am flying a Boeing 777.
    This is so cool I've always wanted to fly but it seems really expensive to get into around here.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Thanks guys, towards the first solo I’ll definitely be posting pictures and videos as well. Its expensive industry to get into, unfortunately I am not in the position to quit my corporate job to focus solely on flights at this stage. W/ commute it is 6 am - 7 pm corporate workdays for me. At 6 pm on Fridays I drive until midnight to the flight school, sleep for 4-5 hours, wake up, put on the uniform, go to briefing at 5 am and fly at least 2 hours on Satuday and 2 hours on Sunday. It goes without saying that annual leaves/holidays are entirely spent on flights as well, and my fiancee hates it.

And there is the mental aspect of course, a not-so-good performance on a Sunday leaves you in doubt until next round, but I am getting over it. Some days are just not your day; you perform crappy and some days you just excel. 10th hour my taxiing was way below my expectations, 11th it was much smoother. In the end, you just learn.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Oh shit you're in for real planes I just wanna fly a little Cessna bro for fun as a hobby but it's an expensive hobby. Hard work pays off dude gl.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I really want to get a private pilot license as well... but ugh the cost. On a semi-related note, we had a hot air balloon pilot over the other day (I run a summer camp) and he was trying to convince me to get a balloon pilot license (which I've also really wanted to do). All that shit is so expensive though. Maybe one of these days if the school takes off.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Man, if I ever came into some "fuck you money" learning to fly would be on my things to do list. Good luck and consider me jelly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Friend of mine calls me this morning and tells me he thinks he has a way for his company to pay me.

Look at the request and this is exactly what I do all day at work. Sent him the info he needed to suggest letting me do this a private contractor.

It's just retrieving data from an API en masse, but it's a new API I have never worked with so I build in some time to familiarize myself.

He is a good negotiator so I gave him a ballpark of the amount of time it would take to build, test, and retrieve all the data, and I expect that he'll get me a reasonable fee.

This would just be a nice way to replenish my savings and prepare me for my move. Here's hoping it works out.

Also decided to work towards my CySA+ certification. Downloaded an entire prep course. There is a shit ton of information but much of it I am already familiar with and it's a great refresher that goes through more detail than I had previously.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, I figure most of you proly don't realize, but my birthday was this sunday. Here's the win; You guys proly know I've lost a LARGE amount of weight. I'd hinted to Jared more than once that I was having a shirt problem. Namely, a lot of my shirts were TOO BIG now, or were full of holes. (I know, some of you guys might go oooh..but a LDS lady like me goes ICK, I need to fix that before my undergarments start showing!)

Anyway Jared and Joanna (Joanna's Jared's wife) got me some leggings and some new shirts (and a new nightshirt; I swear Joanna was reading my mind there~!) for late birthday presents (We had the cake and ice cream today b/c Joanna was one of the leaders at girls's camp and things were also nuts for sis, so she had to make the cake late.) Sis also got me some GOOD apples as well(some apples that called themselves the Jazz variety; they're good!); I admit, I don't like the Delicious apple variety (either golden or the red kind) any way but cooked; that kind is NOT delicious to me raw. It's the texture. Unfortunately, we end up getting those awful things if we're not careful, ick. (I like galas, honeycrisps, granny smiths, the Jazz variety, and Fuji apples a lot better raw.) Guess I know what my snacks are for the next week..

Anyway it's been a decent birthday b/c of that. ^^ I count those presents..both things I either like or I can use, major wins!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Happy Belated Eli.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thank you!

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

My dog made it through surgery yesterday! They didn't find anything else in his abdomen besides the tumor in his spleen. I stayed up with him last night monitoring his heart and keeping his IV going. He is up and walking today and eating food again.

A normal dog spleen should be about 0.5 lbs my dogs spleen when they took it out was 5.4 lbs.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    My dog made it through surgery yesterday! They didn't find anything else in his abdomen besides the tumor in his spleen. I stayed up with him last night monitoring his heart and keeping his IV going. He is up and walking today and eating food again.

A normal dog spleen should be about 0.5 lbs my dogs spleen when they took it out was 5.4 lbs.
    That's so great to hear , I'm glad the results seem positive so far. What's the long term prognosis looking like ?

Wow that's so crazy how huge it was

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    That's so great to hear , I'm glad the results seem positive so far. What's the long term prognosis looking like ?

Wow that's so crazy how huge it was

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah it is no wonder he could barely breathe and wouldn't eat anything. The prognosis is unknown until we get the biopsy results back. 2-6 months if it is cancerous, years if it was benign (He is a 10 year old dog so age will become a factor soon).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

My currently employer and a big 4 firm are currently engaged in a bidding war over me and it feels awesome. Numbers right now are pointing to around 40% salary increase plus signing/retention bonuses depending on where I decide to go.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Goddamn get paid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gabai View Post
    My currently employer and a big 4 firm are currently engaged in a bidding war over me and it feels awesome. Numbers right now are pointing to around 40% salary increase plus signing/retention bonuses depending on where I decide to go.
    Fuck yea man that is the best feeling. Congrats.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gabai View Post
    The blessing of the cum town, congrats my GEEEE

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Was just talking with my coworker and was told she thinks I sound great on the phone. Was a relief because I don't feel that way at all. For sure a nice surprise.

Ridill
    BG Level

Obligatory "got married" post. Got a lot more gift money than I was ever expecting, so yay+1 on that.

One of the little gifts my sister got me was a couple pictures signed by this voice actress from a couple anime and Haru from Persona 5. I thought it was an ultra random gift that I thought she only got because I like anime and/or persona, but then I found out that my sister's husband's cousin is actually the voice actress. So that was a neat thing to learn.

Random fail I'll slip in here; spent half today getting over my hangover after waking up at 7am. But I didnt get blackout drunk, so yay.