Closed Thread
Page 134 of 158 FirstFirst ... 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Was assigned project manager for onboarding a new customer with a very large contract.

The product is one of the most complicated setups we have, and usually takes work from several different teams and four to six weeks to complete.

Our initial rushed timeline (at the request of the customer) was projected to deliver to the client in 3 weeks.

I crushed that timeline and their product was live in less than a week after I took over. Finished Thursday, I took Friday off. We delivered over two weeks early.

Fail: Still no raises bros. FML I have a feeling it is because the majority shareholders in our parent company are trying to sell the company. I just read the last potential buyer said they have no interest. So who knows. We did get told raises will be retroactive to June 1st. Our reviews were in March. About the only reason I am sticking around here is because I have been approved to relocate and work remotely. I just can't afford to save money to move with this shit pay.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Best way to teach my 1 month old kid about video games?

Playing the Spotify video games music music box version lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Went to a salon with my mom to get her a haircut and myself a trim of my ends and while I was getting trimmed, I hear a little girl in the waiting room ask her mom: "Mom, is that a boy or a girl?"

Success! I have gained the super power of confusing children with my Androgyny!!! mwahaha~

Anyway, made me really happy to hear that for the first time.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I hope you answered "Yes, I am."

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think my career just peaked!
    Planning a "Digital Week" for the corporation I am head of IT for. Just ordered chocolate for about $5k for the participants.
    This might be as good as it gets

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Finally after all this time work has finally upgraded my workstation. So long piece of crap Dell from 2012. Hello 8th gen i5 laptop with an NVMe SSD.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not really a win or fail, but more like i’m on the hunt. There’s an office that’s been abandoned on my building floor, and it’s gotten 2 notices and i’m waiting for it to be evicted and trashed. But there’s a Herman Miller chair in plain sight, and i’m seriously about to take it the second that office is getting force evicted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So local paper is running a story again about how some highschool kids are probably associated with white supremacy because they used the ok sign again... and how they are being reeducated about it. And the majority of the comments section is split between actual arguments about dumb this is and spamming ok symbol gifs/emojis. I'm so proud of this community

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Finally after all this time work has finally upgraded my workstation. So long piece of crap Dell from 2012. Hello 8th gen i5 laptop with an NVMe SSD.
    Also had a similar upgrade and it feels good indeed. Plus, I had a spare, large Samsung monitor lying around at home. I brought it to work and it feels awesome to work on a large HQ screen.

Bringing an own device feels awkward at first but come and think of it; you spend way too much time in front of a workstation at work and such upgrades feel awesome.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Also had a similar upgrade and it feels good indeed. Plus, I had a spare, large Samsung monitor lying around at home. I brought it to work and it feels awesome to work on a large HQ screen.

Bringing an own device feels awkward at first but come and think of it; you spend way too much time in front of a workstation at work and such upgrades feel awesome.
    Agreed. I bought a 34" monitor specifically to play XIV and WOW on, but I honestly get so much more use out of it for work than I do gaming. I took it to my last office, but my current company has a very strict "no personal hardware" rule... I got in trouble for bringing a wireless mouse and keyboard

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My company has a very strict rule on decor and structure (I think is the right word) for the dealership and work area. However, I brought in my own keyboard and even one for my boss as I saw him struggling using the shitty Dell keyboard. It's a "mechanical feeling" keyboard and he loves it. I have two HP 22cwa monitors and while better than only one monitor, it takes a little to adjust at the beginning of the day since I have two 32" 1440p monitors at home.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I just registered for classes. I am a student. This is real. Holy shit. I'm fucking terrified.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I'm much more chill, now. First day of classes today. I'd been late on some of my paperwork so we're still getting my books squared away but I've heard back from Vocational Rehabilitation that that'll probably clear tomorrow. So I'm just going through syllabi and such, introducing myself to my classmates and shit.

Such a weird feeling. I've never done online classes before, and I haven't been a student in more than 15 years.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I consider this a win but its probably a fail. My wife and I paid 50 dollars each to see two Youtubers at a concert hall. It was fucking hilarious. The weirdest part of the whole thing is that I think my wife and I were the oldest people in the audience. Everyone looked to be between 14-20.

The two Youtubers were Cody Ko and Noel Miller.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I consider this a win but its probably a fail. My wife and I paid 50 dollars each to see two Youtubers at a concert hall. It was fucking hilarious. The weirdest part of the whole thing is that I think my wife and I were the oldest people in the audience. Everyone looked to be between 14-20.

The two Youtubers were Cody Ko and Noel Miller.
    This is definitely a fail..why would you pay money let alone $50 each for this ? I assume their channel is already humor related and while I do follow some YouTube personalities I wouldn't mind meeting at some cons , I can't imagine most are worth seeing in that type of venue. Local comedy shows are the way to go and usually cheap as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    This is definitely a fail..why would you pay money let alone $50 each for this ? I assume their channel is already humor related and while I do follow some YouTube personalities I wouldn't mind meeting at some cons , I can't imagine most are worth seeing in that type of venue. Local comedy shows are the way to go and usually cheap as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    They were quite funny. I'd personally say it was worth it but the idea of paying to see Youtubers is still very weird to me. The two people we saw were such a great distraction over the hell that was this last year that we felt it was worth the risk.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They were quite funny. I'd personally say it was worth it but the idea of paying to see Youtubers is still very weird to me. The two people we saw were such a great distraction over the hell that was this last year that we felt it was worth the risk.
    Did you at least get a picture with them? It’s like a meet and greet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Do you, dude.

I saw your post in the D2 thread and had been thinking about how you were doing last week cause I hadn't seen you post. Glad you're doing okay, and hope the recovery goes as well as it can.

I went with my cousin to see some YouTubers one time. They were musicians in this case. Was a good time and the crowd was way into it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got my raise, seems like it is slightly more than everyone but just slightly. Had to question retro pay because it seemed like bullshit and they didn't provide the amount of hours attached to the retro pay which seemed shady and probably illegal. I think workers in most states have a right to know what they are getting paid. If you provide me a dollar amount for retro pay that is supposedly x amount of hours but don't tell me what the hours attached to that pay are that seems like I effectively don't know what my time was worth for that time period. When I total the difference between my old rate and new rate and then multiply it by 40 and then the number of weeks between the current paycheck and the retro date - I am still short. Looks like they calculated OT as well and that is short as well.

Just corporate america bending over their lowest paid employees and thinking no one is paying attention. Realistically what could I do - for what would amount to a difference of maybe 100 dollars at most. Just doesn't seem worth rocking the boat over and I bet that is what they were hoping.

Applied for QA engineer position. Had first interview yesterday, 2nd interview today. 3rd interview will be with engineers.

This is a new position they created because engineers were tired of doing QA so its what I already do to a large extent, it would just be pre-emptive and on a larger scale, and I get to add engineer to my title and a nice pay bump.

I think because it is a new position I might be able to pitch them on the tools that I want to build (have built already in some limited capacity) for my previous department that they desperately need. Our engineers are mostly focused on building new products and fixing bugs/customizing old ones.

Also met a chick I previously hooked up with this weekend. Moving north 2 hours and finally establishing that I work from home. I don't even care if it works our with her, it will be my place, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1000 squarefeet. My office and balcony will overlook a lake.

I have some random fail to share about my mom but maybe another time in another thread, basically she want full psycho and spurred all this shit - I took a loan out of my 401K the next day to just move the fuck away from here hah. I don't like that she can just stop by whenever. Waiting on that to arrive. Should be moving 9/15ish, maybe sooner depending on when the apt comes available.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looked up at someone's hat today as they were walking by. Then back down at their face. As some people do just own a plain ugly red hat, and it is best to check before assuming otherwise.
    They noticed and smiled at me for it. I assume my instant eye/head roll was far past Anderson Cooper tier based on the death glare they felt the need to turn over their shoulder and give.

The light laughter I returned counts to me as a win. My days need that.