Closed Thread
Page 13 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Just finished installing a 3rd gen Nest thermostat. I have successfully stripped away any ability of the wifey to change the temperature ever again. 68 degrees and 68 GOD DAMN degrees only.
    This is p. much divorce-worthy.

68 is way too cold for me.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Drank so much at this open bar wedding tonight 5pm-11pm. Drank as cmuch as they'd tlet me and still caused 0 problems and eveyrone liked me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    This is p. much divorce-worthy.

68 is way too cold for me.
    Lizard person confirmed

Oh yeah so my Costco is carrying Shin Black again. All is right in the world

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Shin Black is the truth. I use those noodles to make all my ramen at home now.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I can't argue with the awesomeness of Shin Black since I tried it a month or so ago after reading about it here even my husband loved it.
    I can't eat it often but damn it's delicious!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even if you don't like the spicy can just use the veggies and meat/seasoning packet and it's pretty amazing.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

phone's power button is screwed. I've left it on for months now because I couldn't turn it back on if it powered down. well, Sunday it finally powered down because I failed to realize how low the battery was getting. and I'm also sick today, which is a great coincidence because can't call into work without a phone (and email is just such a not cool way to "call in sick")

well I scour the internet and find this shady method to reboot your phone using some third party program that I assume won't work and holy hell it does and crisis averted + my phone is now operating again. fail turned to win heyyyyy

now to order some delivery ramen. I hope that's a thing because I WANT IT.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

New coworker keeps bringing homemade sweets for the group. THANKS FOR THE DIABETES! Friday was donuts. Today was vanilla custard filled pastries.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    New coworker keeps bringing homemade sweets for the group. THANKS FOR THE DIABETES! Friday was donuts. Today was vanilla custard filled pastries.
    That was our office every fucking day. And since I typically don't eat that stuff any more aside from an occasional treat and then shoving it in my face daily or leaving it "for later " on my desk made me have to be firm about it. I think one potluck ended up being all sugar desserts so someone had to make a Costco run to get pizza just so we had something else.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Same. I never take part of work potlucks or birthday lunches. Partially for health reasons because fuck I don't know where people's hands have been. Partially financial because I don't want to dish out money every month to celebrate a birthday of people I try not to give a damn about.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I decided to make ribs for my office one time. Bought 4 racks of ribs, everyone agreed to throw in $5 towards it. I bought the ribs, made them, made some cornbread to go with it. finished them on the grill at work. Come to find out the Office Manager decides to pocket the money, except for the 1 bag of hot dog buns and 1 package of hot dogs, and say it's "for the next time." Never again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any time I've had an office provide lunch or a potluck, it was either sponsored by the office (they bought and made the lunch, no buy in) or people filled out a sheet saying what they'd bring to insure too much of the same type of thing wasn't brought. You didn't bring anything then you get to go to the kitchen last. People definitely go hard for deserts though.

I tried making fruit salad one time, had never made it before. Who knew you had to drain fruit? Not this guy, I thought it'd help the flavors mix. They loved my fruit soup though, got ballgame tickets for it. Secretly, I think it was out of pity. Beyond that, my go to is fajita chicken bites. Was great and easy back when Tostitos had their seasoned fajita scoops but they discontinued them last year. Now I just kinda wing it in a crock pot and scoop the chicken into plain shells that I season with lime and cumin. I'm not much of a cook, but that's one thing I've always had a tiny bit of pride for.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Can solve a Rubik's cube in like 5 minutes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New company matches 401k contributions up to 3%. If they have a "good financial year" (kind of ambiguous, but whatever) they will make a 6% annual contribution. Neat.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Can solve a Rubik's cube in like 5 minutes.
    Pleb shit right here.

Spoiler: show
    Sorry.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Pushing the smart home agenda even further and getting the vivint system installed with the doorbell and outdoor camera. Going to be able to integrate everything altogether through the hub panel, Alexa, and my phone. Next up is gonna be one of those irobot cleaners.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Random fail that just turned into a win :

So noticed his morning when I was adjusting the volume on my iPhone that it was saying “headphones “ as if I had headphones plugged in. Fuck - this happened years ago with an old model and of course My AppleCare just expired. So had appointment at 1:50pm to have it looked at.

Just before I was going to check in for appointment I noticed it’s working normal now and making calls and speaker/receiver working as it should. Yay for not having to drop money on a repair.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Random fail that just turned into a win :

So noticed his morning when I was adjusting the volume on my iPhone that it was saying “headphones “ as if I had headphones plugged in. Fuck - this happened years ago with an old model and of course My AppleCare just expired. So had appointment at 1:50pm to have it looked at.

Just before I was going to check in for appointment I noticed it’s working normal now and making calls and speaker/receiver working as it should. Yay for not having to drop money on a repair.

Happens to mine sometimes. Lint triggers the headphone switch. Mine is having a problem now with the charge port. Connection seems loose and I have to angle it a certain way to get it to charge. Woke up the other morning to a dead phone because it fell out of position. Luckily it was an off day or I would have been late

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Happens to mine sometimes. Lint triggers the headphone switch. Mine is having a problem now with the charge port. Connection seems loose and I have to angle it a certain way to get it to charge. Woke up the other morning to a dead phone because it fell out of position. Luckily it was an off day or I would have been late
    It only happened on an old iphone4 my husband had once and that was due to being drenched in water after sitting first row for a sea world show lol. I didn’t recall my phone being near any major water and I had no rice at home to try that trick.
    I did try cleaning it out per my husband’s suggestion too but just glad whatever it was fixed itself!

My win today is I found riding boots that fit my calves and foot equally well. Decided to check online to see if they had any coupons and they were in stock online for $20 less. Promptly ordered them online to ship to store instead since I can wait.

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    you're describing the same issue, but with the phone's dock. stick a paper clip or dry brush into the back corner of it, put pressure AWAY from the 8 gold pins on the bottom, and slide the pin across the back. guaranteed to remove a shit ton of lint. compressed air wont do the trick typically.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast