Closed Thread
Page 142 of 158 FirstFirst ... 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I guessed the correct answer for final jeopardy tonight.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Mostly a win so posting it here.

After running an errand decided to log into doordash to see if lunch was busy. Immediately get a ping for a $58 order , awesome I'll take that lol. Get to the restaurant and they look at me like I'm crazy as they said they have no order.

Turns our their doordash app wasn't running for some reason so had to reboot it. Ended up waiting around 15 minutes for the order but fuck it still made it worth it lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is the money for door dash and skip worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Is the money for door dash and skip worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just do it on my days off and use a honda civic so get good mileage. My areas I do are usually fairly decent but that was by far my largest order and worth it for a few miles.

My rule of thumb is the pay must be at least $2/per mile I travel to make it worth it.
    There's a lot of lazy people out this way lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So try out a new food yesterday. Was all right but person running it asked if I was somebody. I assumed they thought I was someone who had ordered ahead but turns out she thought I was a friend of her sons and went to school with him. She's looks early 40s at most and pretty good looking for her age so I'm like Doubt but ok maybe I look like some older friend of his in college. So she asks if I go to a local highschool... so great to know I still got it but holy fuck highschool. Girl I'm probably only a few years younger than you lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Things are going really well with this new girl I have been dating.

I have been staying over here quite a bit, even working from home at her place some days.

Also, my boss asked if I wanted to go to Halifax to learn a new product, and then bring that information back and train everyone else.

I instantly said yes, didn't even need to think about it. I work remote full time so the fact that my boss is still considering me for stuff like this says quite a bit I think.

I live within about 2 hours of the office, just far enough where I can work remotely every day.

I am driving to the office tomorrow to meet some of the team from one of our biggest customers in Canada, we are doing a full day work session with them so I offered to drive down and work from the office for that day.

I was really worried about getting my passport in such a short time period but my company paid for everything, paid to have it expedited and for the passport, paid me for mileage to drive to and from to the passport agency.

Flights and hotels were booked before I had a passport in hand so it seemed like just a formality to them.

Hoping this leads to a position within governance where I can travel to other offices we have around the world and learn how they support their products and write documentation and build tools to support those products.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Receive check for a class action lawsuit against my work. I'm expecting it to be a tiny check after the lawyers take their chunk.

JFC it's almost a full 80-hour paycheck after I deduct taxes.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Finally got a call from the county backgrounds office that they are finally starting the background portion of the promotional job I and others applied for/interviewed for earlier this year.

I've got nothing to worry about that I know of so fingers crossed I hear back soon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My girlfriend got me sick so I told her she had to use her $25 amazon gift card to preorder the new Pokémon with me. Amazon has it for $60 with a $10 rebate for prime members. Plus I have $20 in amazon rewards so I’m basically getting the game for like $10 after tax

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I went to go ask my Sgt. tonight if I could leave early tomorrow since my flight to SoCal got changed beyond my control. Noticed she was talking to one of my other deputies so just held back and she told me not to leave.

Next thing I know said deputy is giving me shit about "leaving". I figured out that they were told I'm going through my final quick background to get promoted.
    Sgt. talked to me a good twenty minutes about how I better start bringing in food before I leave because they are all mad I'm leaving in a good way , lol. It feels good to actually be appreciated and wanted around and she sent in her portion as soon as it came through on her time off so now it's a matter of just waiting on final word.

With holidays coming up and transfers only happening on a new pay period I could start my training as soon as the first week of December. This has been such a long wait that it doesn't seem real but will be awesome to get that final confirmation.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

My wife gave birth this morning. Our baby girl was born at 5:34am after about 1.5 hours of labor. 7lbs 19.5" No name picked out yet. Any suggestions?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I like longer, feminine names for girls

Evangeline
    Olivia
    Vanessa

Things like that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I like longer, feminine names for girls

Evangeline
    Olivia
    Vanessa

Things like that

I like Olivia thanks for the suggestions!

GATTACA!

BG Level

If you're asking here it needs FFXI reference:

Ulmia

Prishe

Romaa

Lilisette

Etc

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More accurately, Queen Behemoth spawned after a 9-month window.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nora

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I like Olivia thanks for the suggestions!
    Just know it's like the most popular name for a girl in the country right now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    My wife gave birth this morning. Our baby girl was born at 5:34am after about 1.5 hours of labor. 7lbs 19.5" No name picked out yet. Any suggestions?
    Had we not the coveted Y-chromosome, we probably would've named her Marion.

But we generally only considered family names we like.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

In Halifax for work. Pretty fucking great.

Had dinner at a great indian restaraunt tonight (Rasa). Ordered chicken vindaloo and asked them to hurt me. It was good, definitely spicier than anything else on the menu, but I make my own food about twice as spicy as what I got.

Stopped to a dispensary after work and the prices are sooooooo much better than Massachusetts. Gigantic selection in comparison too.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So I know jack and shit on cars. I also live in an apartment complex where it's in the lease you can't do oil changes on property due to the mess, so I've always had to take my car in. Decided that if I have to get oil changes professionally done, I may see where I can save money on other maintenance and do it on my own. Five minutes on youtube and a quick trial run at the end of my lunch to see if they were due to be changed, and I can now change my cabin and engine air filters on my car. Super basic shit, but when dealerships want to charge you close to 200 bucks to change them, I'll take any cost savings I can get.