Closed Thread
Page 144 of 158 FirstFirst ... 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Let's not even get to the self sufficient part and figure out how we as a species survived considering from 0-3 years old babies actively try to kill themselves on a minute-to-minute basis.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Let's not even get to the self sufficient part and figure out how we as a species survived considering from 0-3 years old babies actively try to kill themselves on a minute-to-minute basis.
    Except now we have helicopter parents who have made their kids so reliant on them doing everything from making doctor appointments to balancing finances they don't know how to adult. Even filling out W4 tax forms is beyond many people I work with 20 years younger than me.

At my dealership job their kid could drive a 30k car they leased but didn't know how to make an appointment for service. This same person didn't know what tire pressure was or the difference between diesel and regular fuel.

Constantly at my job people say they have to be there with their kids , adult kids as in college or even mid 20's to make sure they can get on the flight. Cut the fucking strings , let them make some mistakes and grow up some for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My kid ate a tassel, and I had to pull it out of her butt.

That's the kind of stuff I am referring to.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My kid ate a tassel, and I had to pull it out of her butt.

That's the kind of stuff I am referring to.
    I had to pull an elastic band out of my eldest once, it was not a pleasant experience.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My coworker from last year had to pay her 23 year old son's med+ (after hours med clinic) bill because since there wasn't an option to pay online (he couldn't find it) he couldn't figure out how to pay it. This same kid has a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and is going for his Master's and Doctorate and plans to be a Psychologist with his own private practice.

TLDR: A fucking 23 year old has a Bachelor's Degree in something that's not The Arts or w/e and he can't figure out how to pay a common bill so mommy has to do it for him.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My coworker from last year had to pay her 23 year old son's med+ (after hours med clinic) bill because since there wasn't an option to pay online (he couldn't find it) he couldn't figure out how to pay it. This same kid has a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and is going for his Master's and Doctorate and plans to be a Psychologist with his own private practice.

TLDR: A fucking 23 year old has a Bachelor's Degree in something that's not The Arts or w/e and he can't figure out how to pay a common bill so mommy has to do it for him.
    And it sounds like she still did it for him lol. You can see how the cycle continues

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    And it sounds like she still did it for him lol. You can see how the cycle continues

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Oh she's the definition of helicopter parent. She does literally everything for them. But here is something where I can't say if it's just a thing with this specific household or in a respect how younger people nowadays just sort of, "are" maybe? I'm not sure.

Same old coworker texted me a few weeks back asking if I could help Mr. Psychology build his first ever PC. He buys the works. $250 case, RTX 2080 TI, etc etc. Total cost probably around $3000 and could have easily bought more shit. Anyways, I tell him I'll meet him at their house. Now I'd never been to their house but I knew where it was because it's a few blocks from my house. I enter the porch area and it's filled with clutter. No biggie, a lot of peoples porches are (mine included). I enter the house, which is the living room, and you couldn't see the floor. I'm not kidding. Well, you could see spots, but it wasn't like, a room you could just walk thru. You had to create a path and step over all the, well, shit laying around. And there most likely was literal shit because it stank of piss (cats & two dogs).

My point is, this 23 year old couldn't figure out how to pay a medical bill but he also can't figure out how to clean a house or help at least. And it's just my opinion but I believe it is because he's most likely been used to his mother doing everything for him so why should he bother cleaning.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

In November I had my estimated mileage updated by State Farm due to California basing it like I was still driving Uber, but it wasn't approved until right before my November bill was due, so I was to have a credit this month. Turns out my credit owed is so significant, it covered my premium, Astylla's premium, and our renters insurance for the month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post

My money is that the kid actually could pay it but also knew he could get mommy to do it too. Kid is getting a degree in Psychology because he's probably been playing his mom for his whole life

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

As it turns out, hubby and I both got each other the same thing for Xmas (new headsets). I love this man.

Also, I demanded he get me the R2D2 pressure cooker for xmas and he promised me he ordered that, too.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

As it turns out, hubby and I both got each other the same thing for Xmas (new headsets). I love this man.

Also, I demanded he get me the R2D2 pressure cooker for xmas and he promised me he ordered that, too.
    I hate you right now , I just went to William's sonoma website and typed in "star wars" and now found everything I want..and my overtime just got cut. No fair , lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I hate you right now , I just went to William's sonoma website and typed in "star wars" and now found everything I want..and my overtime just got cut. No fair , lol.

hahaha, I have gotten some random stuff from them over the past. I never picture them as a SW store, but they always have something.

Only downside is I really wanted the BB8 one, but they only have it in the mini.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post

Should go window shopping at the store where the original was in Sonoma

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

With Sonomaa

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Was watching Kimmel the other night. This was a treat.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Posting this here in case some folks don't cruise the gaming section too often.

Stupid crazy deal on Xbox/PC game pass that I have signed up for and confirmed works. $1.00 for the first 3 months. Then, $.05 per day, so basically $1.50 per month.

Go here to sign up for Xbox Game Pass if you haven't already. Since I was new I had the option to choose $1 for the first three months of service.

After signing up, or if you already have an account, go to this page to update your billing option/cycle. You should see the option to change to $.05 for daily billing.

This is good for the PC game pass too and was easy to get started. I had to download an Xbox app which took a minute. Once opened I went to a game in the list and started downloading. Easy peasy. This is a crazy value for access to a lot of great titles, even more so for Xbox users.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Paid 3 x $500 for doctor visits back in Sept and Oct after breaking my wrist. Just received two checks from the hospital for $400 and $500 as refunds. Don't know if I should be thankful, or worried that they screwed up and are going to want the money back again.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I can't recall what thread (maybe it's this one?) had a discussion about beds but we just bought one online and are waiting for it to arrive. I'm unsure if it's a win yet but the reviews are favorable. We bought the Zinus Night Therapy King with box for $374.00. I would have liked to of bought a higher end bed like most recommended in the discussion but we had two unexpected bills this month and our current bed had a spring bust thru the pillow top so a new bed was a must. We are really looking forward to it as we've never owned a king mattress.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

We've had a Zinus 12" queen mattress for a couple of years now, I like it just fine, and it's incredible for the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    We've had a Zinus 12" queen mattress for a couple of years now, I like it just fine, and it's incredible for the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That is really good to hear! It's supposed to arrive Monday and we still need to get some new King size sheets. Were you able to sleep on it the first night? Some reviews say you have to give it a bit of time when you unroll it.