Closed Thread
Page 150 of 158 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    Why would a good worker be a crippling blow?
    Think he means to his previous boss; the boss the tech currently works for and would be leaving.

BG Level

I did some work in my sketchbook today, started inking it,and I'm not unhappy with it at all. Taking it home to finish.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Had a successful 8th birthday party for our son today. The weekend closest to his bday is always presidents day weekend so it is always hard to do anything. The last couple of years he wants to have lunch then go to the Aquarium which is great but it is always a juggle with how busy it is. Today was insanely busy but we managed to get a huge group of kids and parents in to a diner for lunch then walk to the aquarium. And we didn't lose any kids in the crowd. I think we had 14 kids total. So tired but my son had lots of fun.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

3rd week on the new job, office AC not working today, CEO was like “not gonna make you work like a fucking sweatshop, go home” lol

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Picked up a fuckton of overtime this week so working 72 hours in one week.
    Working tonight which is my usual day off so getting paid 8 hours overtime premium pay for the holiday , plus overtime premium pay for the 11.5 hours I'm actually working and it's dead tonight so making almost $60/hr for this lol.

Also picked up enough days where I can bank the hours for extra days off which will put my bank by mid March at 72 hours, and I still accrue vacation and sick leave as well.
    May as well work my ass off until I get the call for my promotion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Do you get to cash out on your hours when you get the promotion, or do you plan to use the days?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Do you get to cash out on your hours when you get the promotion, or do you plan to use the days?
    Since I'll still be with county , it carries over. I can bank up to 80 "comp time" hours in lieu of the overtime pay. For every 11.5 hours of work I earn 17.25 hours of comp time so it's a good trade off. I took the cash for today because of the holiday though lol.

I'm banking some to use for my vacation in May and just backup so I can take a day off or use as sick days if needed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s that time again. All Publix deli whole subs are $5.99 through 2/23.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It’s that time again. All Publix deli whole subs are $5.99 through 2/23.
    Thank you sir for the publix service announcement.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While I am not really into subs, not getting a Publix sub when I lived in FL is a big regret.

As of yesterday I am a licensed realtor in the state of Michigan. I actually thought I bombed the test because the wording was so different than the practice tests and book work from the course I chose. I'm very glad you either pass or fail, no grade/score. So now the real work starts and I'm a combo of very nervous but very excited. I've never been good at trying to get referrals or what not for business, but I learned it's because I hated the work I did (insurance). I never cared to really try to talk to strangers outside of my office or be vocal about what I did. Now I'm happy to. For the first time in quite possibly twelve years I approached a complete stranger to start a conversation. I was at a coffee shop studying and I overheard this girl a few booths in front of me live streaming. I sort of took an interest into what she was talking about but I talked myself out of it and went to my car. I sat there and said fuck it what do you have to lose. Start a conversation and just see what happens. We talked for over an hour, exchanged numbers, and it was a great experience. If by chance down the road I can help her or someone she knows with a house, cool. I was over the moon that I was able to meet someone new and it hopefully have a new friend.

About work though, there is lots to be done. So anyone can go take the test but to actually receive your license you need a broker code, which basically means you do have a job. I originally talked with the largest firm in the county to see if I could get in. The broker was awesome. We talked for almost four hours on my initial meet and throughout my studying we emailed. I'm sure what was next is protocol to weed out those that aren't serious. I was to meet with him again before scheduling my test. This was about a month ago. I was surprised how quickly he wanted to meet once I emailed him. I soon learned why. He was leaving the firm. I was bummed because I wanted to work under this guy. Decades of experience. Literally said his job is to mentor and create big time agents because duh, better agents means more $$ for him. I asked if he was retiring and he said he was opening his own brokerage. This changed everything in the conversation because now I'm like, is this poker where I gotta read if he's offering info or what the heck. So I just said, is the door open? He replied yes it is. He told me what I could expect and that was really it. Said it's a process getting his new broker code from the state but we'll be up and running hopefully mid March. I am extremely excited to be at the ground floor of his operation and I need to be a sponge because this is the best career opportunity I've had since 2010 and I'm not giving up this time.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I got the job!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I got the job!

Congrats !! Sounds like an amazing opportunity for you.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I got the job!

Congrats!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I got the job!

Congrats!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Had my best night of sleep since I started using my CPAP machine, so I actually feel like I have energy. This has translated into me doing my semi annual office cleaning and I found my scissors that I thought someone borrowed and didn't return.

BG Level

glad it's working out for you. some folks have a hard time adjusting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Had my best night of sleep since I started using my CPAP machine, so I actually feel like I have energy. This has translated into me doing my semi annual office cleaning and I found my scissors that I thought someone borrowed and didn't return.
    Please, clean it often and use the correct type of water. A family member died in their sleep because of this and within a couple months, their spouse did, too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Wife is not pissed that I lost my wedding ring.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Wife is not pissed that I lost my wedding ring.
    I'm not sure that's a win haha..be careful there

In all seriousness though I don't think my husband has worn his for years due to losing weight and work reasons. It never bothered me anyway.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I'm not sure that's a win haha..be careful there

In all seriousness though I don't think my husband has worn his for years due to losing weight and work reasons. It never bothered me anyway.

I lost weight/mass when I quit drinking and my ring started slipping constantly. I never got around to getting it resized. It's just weird because I can't even recall where it would've fallen off. Last place to look is the driveway and car.