Closed Thread
Page 154 of 158 FirstFirst ... 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Could be like me when I was 5, sister 4, she started a fight from the backseat and wound up bumping the gear shift from park to neutral, proceeding in the car rolling out of the driveway we were parked in and into a ditch about 50 yards down the road. Fun times, that.
    But how was the temp in the car while it was rolling? /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I'm sure Archi uses the e-brake. He specifically says he's doing this due to the Covid risk, he explicitly stated the kids would be touching everything in sight. The Covid risks outweigh the remaining risks of them in the car with which he has safeguarded many things already (also not doing it if temperature outside and the sun are a factor) against. Many grocery store hours are more limited and maybe his wife isn't able to watch the kids hence why they're with Archi, you think he didn't already think of that?
    I think if archi came in and said, “This sucks, but I had an emergency and had to leave my kids in the car, thankfully nothing happened,” then he wouldn’t get all the hate right now. But he came in for several posts acting like it was no big deal and his only concern was getting caught.

Also, archi doesn’t live in some backwater town. He could literally get groceries delivered if his wife couldn’t watch the kids.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It's not a big deal because I'm doing it, and I'm not a moron.

It should be illegal because most parents aren't me.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Could be like me when I was 5, sister 4, she started a fight from the backseat and wound up bumping the gear shift from park to neutral, proceeding in the car rolling out of the driveway we were parked in and into a ditch about 50 yards down the road. Fun times, that.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It's not a big deal because I'm doing it, and I'm not a moron.

It should be illegal because most parents aren't me.
    Most parents that bake their kids to death in their oven cars probably say this.

Laws exist for a reason, you're endangering your children.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

So it turns out I qualify for the stimulus. I've pretty much only worked under the table, and that was in cash the last few years, so don't even know if the IRS has anything for me on file (it goes back to 2017 if you didn't file in 2019 or 2017), including address/routing info (since it says they're gonna direct deposit or send in the mail). Where do I even begin on making sure they have the correct info? The offices are all closed and when I just tried to call, it's all automated stuff, they don't have any people handy

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    So it turns out I qualify for the stimulus. I've pretty much only worked under the table, and that was in cash the last few years, so don't even know if the IRS has anything for me on file (it goes back to 2017 if you didn't file in 2019 or 2017), including address/routing info (since it says they're gonna direct deposit or send in the mail). Where do I even begin on making sure they have the correct info? The offices are all closed and when I just tried to call, it's all automated stuff, they don't have any people handy
    Did you file taxes any of the past 3 years?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Did you file taxes any of the past 3 years?
    Negative. Last time I think was like 2015 or maybe 2016

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Negative. Last time I think was like 2015 or maybe 2016
    Well, go ahead and file for 2019. Shouldn't take long if you have no reputable income, and it's free.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Alright, Can it be done digitally? I already tried one of their things they have for free and they just want me to print it and mail but everything is saying "it'll go faster if you do it digital" but I'm not seeing such an option.

Edit: Also the filing one they gave me had no place to enter my bank account info, so I'd still have to actually get ahold of them to make sure the money gets to the right spot?

BG Level

I'm just saying file your taxes so they have evidence you didn't earn more than 75k last year.

As far as receiving the stimulus, that's a different proposition that hasn't been determined yet.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I guess this is a win..

So during the shelter in place order in California of March 17th to April 7th , if you work for the county I do and take any leave for being sick , or scheduled vacation time , they've covering the time off under a specific time code.

Basically this means only during these dates , any time off will not be deducted from your own leave balances. While I see the opportunity for this to be abused , most vacation or leave time has to be approved at least a month in advance.
    Just so happens I'm taking a few days off before my new position starts next Sunday so I guess they are covering it lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I managed to pay the mortgage today for this month.

Let's see how we're doing in another thirty days.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I know the chances are pretty high that we'll have to delay our cruise again BUT for anyone who doesn't remember or never read a recap of what happened:

Had a 4-day disney cruise for last week
    Dealt with a nightmare a month ago getting it postponed to September with a 5-day cruise
    September cruise initially advertised as being the same price, but that was for "new cruisers only" so had to pay ~$500 for it. Annoying, but at justifiable since we were getting that extra day.

So today I noticed I was getting emails from Costco telling me to reschedule. I noticed if I logged into the Disney Cruise site it had my September cruise reservation, but if I went to the costo travel site it didn't list it. I called Costco and the lady contact Disney to get it straightened out. I mentioned I heard Disney was offering 125% credit towards cancelled cruises and asked if that applied to us even though we transferred before the cruise had been officially cancelled. Sure enough. It was.

125% means I don't have to pay the ~$500 extra and we are getting an onboard credit of about $140. Sweet!

If we keep having to postpone it, maybe I'll end up with a 7-day cruise for the price of a 4-day at some point. XD

BG Level

Why are you going on a cruise after all this

You really think there's no chance of a COVID flareup on your ship and being forced to stay at sea for weeks?

Or is getting a refund just impossible?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Why are you going on a cruise after all this

You really think there's no chance of a COVID flareup on your ship and being forced to stay at sea for weeks?

Or is getting a refund just impossible?

It's more like, Disney is the kind of company I trust to not want to have a shit show. I technically could cancel now, but if it's still bad in September I know they'll still issue a refund/postponement then, too. I'll keep pushing it back until we're able to go, but in the meantime I want to constantly have a spot reserved so I don't lose out on a good deal.

I definitely won't risk it if things are still bad in September, but I don't like jumping the gun either when that's far away from now.

Disney can absorb that cost easily. If this had been a cruise with a cruise-only company (ie. Princess) I would have refunded since they could go out of business before this is all over.

BG Level

The company that didn't close Disney World for weeks is the one you trust?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The company that didn't close Disney World for weeks is the one you trust?

I didn't need the cruise to be cancelled to postpone it. I don't have to wait on Disney to cancel to postpone.

I'm also one of those Disney freaks. Yes I trust Disney. They are obsessed with PR.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I didn't need the cruise to be cancelled to postpone it. I don't have to wait on Disney to cancel to postpone.

I'm also one of those Disney freaks. Yes I trust Disney. They are obsessed with PR.
    Oh come on stop being so blind to the issues at hand. This isn't an isolated incident across one singular brand. And I'm a huge Disney supporter, however you're being extremely naive up think Disney is immune to this.

No company wants bad press however they just today announced they will stop monthly charges for annual passholders , where others did it over a week ago.

Blind faith and trust like this is terrifying to me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Oh come on stop being so blind to the issues at hand. This isn't an isolated incident across one singular brand. And I'm a huge Disney supporter, however you're being extremely naive up think Disney is immune to this.

No company wants bad press however they just today announced they will stop monthly charges for annual passholders , where others did it over a week ago.

Blind faith and trust like this is terrifying to me.

But...they did refund it...so...

The only concern is the money. Would I get my money back if we still can't go? Yes, absolutely I believe that. If we didn't I bet your ass there would be a huge lawsuit, and I'd still get my money.

I don't need the money back instantly if it came to it, I already paid for the thing last year. So since it's not money I need back to pay for other things, I might as well save a spot.

I should point out that my husband and I are currently in no financial danger right now. We're both able to continue doing our jobs from home, so the quarantine did nothing for us money-wise. In fact, we're kinda getting more money now since we don't have to pay for after school care.

BG Level

Gotta be honest, 4 days into remote learning kindergarten

... Being a teacher right now seems preeeeety fuckin sweet