Closed Thread
Page 156 of 158 FirstFirst ... 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Scored a couple of big bottles of Aloe Vera hand soap and a pack of sanitizing wipes at Sam's the other day. I have never been so happy to walk out of a store with common house hold items.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just got home from Walmart after picking up an online order. I haven't done an online order in a long time so I just went to services to ask if pickup was there. Nope, go to the big orange thing over there. Man, I was really impressed! Scanned my phone and the two small items came thru in a bag. The larger item I ordered was in a locker that opened once I prompted the screen. Seriously, extremely impressive!

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Finally got the expanded bandwidth project installed at the school I work for. from shitty satellite internet for the whole school (4 satellites aggregated at the firewall) to a 100mbps symmetrical business class circuit. So excited that it is installed and working now. I hope that our load testing shows that it is running at its full capacity. Will make a huge difference for the teachers and students.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Been taking advantage of work from home and extra dead time to do mini cleaning projects around the apartment. Last week was scrubbing the tub/shower, yesterday was the hallway closet. Today I finished the bathroom, including tossing a ton of expired OTC meds.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So back at work and of course since the weather started getting nicer the boss has been keeping the office front door open all day. Was something a coworker started out of the blue a couple of years ago and then the boss completely forgot that that wasn't how we had been doing things and insists on it. Needless to say that wrecks my allergies and at times it's insane but boss don't care... today

Boss: If you sneezing so much you should wear a mask
    Me: I'd rather go home... how about maybe if you don't want me sneezing so much you don't keep the front door open... especially when we don't want people walking in looking for service.
    Boss: Oh that's right allergies... ok.

I did it boys. Only took like 3 years and a fucking pandemic to be able to work in the spring without constantly sneezing my head off

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Despite everything that's going on in the world this just became.. THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!

I had to go to the store to get a few necessary items and after I got those I wasn't in a rush and was just looking around for stuff I don't really need snacks, etc. I got to the soda isle and saw this..

CLEARY CANADIAN IS BACK!!

If your old like me you probably had one of these back in the day. I was so happy I had to stop myself from dancing in the store!

Banned.

BG Level

Say word

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Purchased a pair of disney themed limited release ears styled after Ahsoka Tano about a month ago. I was disappointed in some quality aspects.

They sold out in minutes online.
    I paid $98 with tax and shipping , just sold them for $415.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Neighbor had her overgrown 10' tall hedges removed. So fucking weird being able to see down street now.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Back in October, I hit the lottery and got a jury summons for both District Court and County Court within two days of each other. Postponed the county court and did the district court since I technically couldn't say I was immune from doing jury duty in the last 12 months, and the district court was less likely to interfere with an upcoming vacation. Yesterday, after courts being delayed due to Covid-19, got my county jury duty summons for July. Promptly submitted a screen grab of the e-mail reminder of my 2 weeks of district court jury duty and today got confirmation I'm in the clear and don't have to report.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Half win half fail but the win is way more important than the fail.

Win: Daughter got selected for the GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program. About 6% of students in the district get selected.

Fail: Spent about three hours reupholstering our dining room chairs who have been subjected to little children and cats. Learned afterwards dining chair seat covers are a thing (didn't want those cushion pads). Ah well. At least the seat overs will be on top of clean seats.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I consider this a win, not sure what others think of it.

So, about 3 years ago, when I was working and on boring days, I would find little projects to do at my security desk to keep me from playing on my phone. One little project I did was that I took a bunch of Aluminum foil(Its what I had available at the time), compacted it, and made it into an egg shape, where I then stuck like 500 Thumb Tacks into it and made it into one of those Pinterest Dragon Eggs. I brought it home and for about a year, it sat on our livingroom table. One day, we had the Wife's parents over for a few hour visit. About a week or so after, I noticed my egg was missing. Since then, we've completely redone the living room, and have never found the egg. I firmly believe that my father in law took it. He examined it alot when he was over. I've called him out on it many times since then but he denies it. Even the wife is certain her dad took it.

Anyways, so, thanks to the wifes weekly medical drop offs(IV Meds and the stuff required to do it all at home), we have alot of spare Styrofoam(They need to be kept cold) that I've been saving up here and there to make random projects with. Well, I made a second Dragon Egg and I'm going to gift it to him for Father's Day(Was sick on fathers day so wasn't able to drive out to the country and give it to him). Now, me calling them out about the egg has been this joke going on for like 2 years. We will be visiting her parents in the next week or so and when I gift it to him, I'm going to say "There, now you have a matching pair and can display them".

I am very excitedly awaiting his reaction. This is probably the dumbest to put in Random Win but once he admits he stole my first egg, it will be a win for me.

If anyone cares. Here what it looks like. I gotta say. I’m enjoying making things out of styrofoam. I’m now working on a Ghost She’ll replica from Destiny and it’s coming along very nicely.

Spoiler: show

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

That egg looks quite neat, keep us posted with the new stuff you do.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Myrrh has the most fucked up family on BG. These family stories are bizarre.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I’d say comparatively to other stories I posted this is probably the most normal thing.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Bam. New tattoo

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Not bad! I want to get the strawhats and fishmen pirates jolly rogers

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I can’t do any doubles or extra things from movies/cartoons/anime/video games til I get one of each first. And my next tattoo. Which will be a big one will be this.

I’d get rid of the flames, maybe have Myrrh holding Nirvana or something.

I actually won one of BGs yearly server contest dealies but The dude who offered it promptly ignored me. I wanted him to touch up the feet and hands of Myrrh. Little annoyed about that but my artist is going to try and work with me. So far my other tattoos have just been things I enjoy. Getting my FFXI myrrh, would be the most sentimental tattoo I would have.

This was commissioned by the Linkshell I ran at the time of my transplant. They all chipped in as much as possible to get it for me. Sadly, the artist is unreachable. That art means the world to me and if I could get Myrrh tattood on me. That would be even sweeter.

Thoughts?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

How about a moose?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

That doesn't fit the cartoon/video game theme I have, unless I do some cool thing with Rocky and Bulwinkle