Closed Thread
Page 15 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My new job is a significant improvement over my last job. Orders can be placed without worry of budgets, everything is properly organized, inventory is up to date, and EHS works with us to provide optimal safety compliance. The best part is my schedule is rather flexible as long as I do 40 hours each week, so I now have a 7:30-4:00 schedule M-F, with 2 hours added on Monday in exchange for leaving Tuesday and Friday 1 hour earlier.

Compared to my last job, where I couldn't order anything due to "budget issues", everything being an unsafe, unorganized mess, and being forced to work from 8-5, even though some classes began at 8:30, I still can't believe both places fall under the same University system.

Oh, the best part is my boss was my old organic chemistry professor and she has dbz action figures I can play with during downtime lol.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Taking the rest of the week off. Seeing Hamilton tomorrow evening. May try and catch Murder on the Orient Express at the cinema. Going to make headway into my Words of Radiance reread somewhere in there.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    My new job is a significant improvement over my last job. Orders can be placed without worry of budgets, everything is properly organized, inventory is up to date, and EHS works with us to provide optimal safety compliance. The best part is my schedule is rather flexible as long as I do 40 hours each week, so I now have a 7:30-4:00 schedule M-F, with 2 hours added on Monday in exchange for leaving Tuesday and Friday 1 hour earlier.

Compared to my last job, where I couldn't order anything due to "budget issues", everything being an unsafe, unorganized mess, and being forced to work from 8-5, even though some classes began at 8:30, I still can't believe both places fall under the same University system.

Oh, the best part is my boss was my old organic chemistry professor and she has dbz action figures I can play with during downtime lol.
    idk this for sure but I think universities take the cake as far as "range of work conditions within a single job title" goes.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    which one?

congrats man!
    No idea lol. Just gonna go with whatever the locals recommend and whatever’s on this plane right now.

went on a date with a chick that was way out of my league and she was...super into me. if i can do it young men then keep your heads up, you can too

I like to eat food
    BG Level

A bit of a win/fail with this one.

Had the final walkthrough of the house we bought on Tuesday night. The guy was still living there for about two weeks after closing, so we couldn't do the walkthrough earlier or start moving anything. It's good that we can finally get in there, and he has a lot of nice touches that he's done, especially to the exterior. Landscaped really well, new porch with nice lighting, nice deck off the back, new three season room, built-in bar in the living room, etc.

The fail tied in is that he had so much shit in the house that was covering up some of the flaws, and now that we've gone through the house with nothing in it, we see a lot of shit we want to change. The first thing to happen is painting this weekend. After that are the kitchen cabinets and countertops, which we're going to hopefully get done over the next month or so. The kitchen floor is a nice stone tile, but the cabinets are definitely old as fuck and the countertops are a terrible, textured laminate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In the few months I've been with cricket they've raised my data limit by 1 GB/month each time twice now. Shit guys you already had me sold on having the exact same service at 1/3 my AT&T price but I'll take it

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

My father in law is getting married to his longtime girlfriend tomorrow and there’s an open bar. I also don’t go back to work until noon Monday so plenty of time to recover. I’m so ready for this after a long work week.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

For some reason Bob's Discount Furniture is coming to California.

No fucking idea how that happened, but I am buying furniture once it does.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    went on a date with a chick that was way out of my league and she was...super into me. if i can do it young men then keep your heads up, you can too
    Whats your yearly income though / what does she think your yearly income is?

not much and never came up

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    SKAL!
    Yo no homo, skyr mojitos are fucking delicious! Where the hell has skyr been my whole life!?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had a little win myself today. Tho it started with a fail.

The family curse of high blood pressure bit me in the butt last month. Ugh. Yesterday I went in for a physical, and thanks to meds and stuff, it's finally normal-ish. So..I can finally do what started this mess; go to the nearby dental school and get my teeth cleaned! FINALLY!

Tho yeah, I'm proly going to see about getting some more exercise so maybe I can lose some weight and get off those meds..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    not much and never came up
    Doesn't have to come up. Probably wont because that's kind of rude. People will make assumptions based on appearances though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Yo no homo, skyr mojitos are fucking delicious! Where the hell has skyr been my whole life!?
    In the gross yogurt isle?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    In the gross yogurt isle?
    God I hope not that sounds terrible. Hoping he meant Skyy vodka

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My choices of vodka is Vox or Sobieski when going cheap. Otherwise, Tito's suffices.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Costco brand isn't too bad either for being cheap

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Costco brand isn't too bad either for being cheap
    Never had so can't review. I find cheap vodka to be the scariest of cheap liquor because even with the heaviest mixer, the cheapness can't be masked and it tastes like rubbing alcohol. However, I've never had bottom shelf scotch...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Never had so can't review. I find cheap vodka to be the scariest of cheap liquor because even with the heaviest mixer, the cheapness can't be masked and it tastes like rubbing alcohol. However, I've never had bottom shelf scotch...
    I have it on good authority that you can get around that by passing it thru a good filter. Supposedly the ones that use coconut charcoal worked the best

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast