Closed Thread
Page 17 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I mean it's not irreversible. It's like 6-10k but if for w/e reason I change my mind, if I can't afford 10k to have it undone, I can't afford kids anyways; so it kinda balances itself out

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    You could always get a divorce - I’m fairly confident you’d get more than three days out of it too
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    No kids right? Do it for all the Yeezy's and front row Wrestlemania tickets for the future!
    yea but we have a house and shit. just seems like it would be a lot of trouble.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    yea but we have a house and shit. just seems like it would be a lot of trouble.
    Just tell her you are a sovereign citizen and don't owe her shit.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I know you've made peace with this decision, but my heart goes hhnngghhhh when I think about it. More power to ya, but hhnngghhhhhh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I don’t get how it’s a bad thing when frankly the world is overpopulated as fuck and it’s a personal choice. I’m getting myself sterilized early next year I hope because now that I’m almost 40 they’ll actually do the damn procedure. I have an IUD which basically prevents everything anyway but I’m ready to be done. I tried when I was 30 - 33 -35 , etc. and kept getting denied because I would “change my mind” and I’m married. Even after switching doctors three times they all fed me the same shit lines.

I already had proven fertility issues paired with PCOS and multiple recorded miscarriages and chemical pregnancies way before I even brought this up to my doctors. Just fuck off with that shit - I understand they have to discuss it but don’t just shut me down over it when I’m quite clear on my reasons. I’m not as cold about it as I sound but I’ve come to terms with things on the physical and emotional end so it shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks if I’m able to make that choice for myself. To be frank I think there’s a ton of people that shouldn’t be allowed to be parents but it’s typically celebrated regardless of how bad the situation is for the child. Just seems like a double standard sometimes.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

it's a gut reaction is all. i get the same thing whenever you and CS talk about it. like, intellectually, i know you guys are fine with it, but my soul is screaming "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE HEY REMEMBER ALL THE KIDS IN YOUR LIFE? THEYRE AWESOME! MAKE ONE JUST LIKE THEM! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE" the whole time so it seeps through a bit.

grats tho CS!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's strictly a guy cringe thing; not dissimilar when you see another get smacked in the balls and you feel it. Just thinking about it gives my Willy the heebie jeebies. If it's a choice that's been thought out though then y'all do you, no biggie. I was under the assumption that vasectomies are reversible but with a terrible success rating so it's better not to risk it if you don't need it, but times change and maybe the procedure has too.

I just find it hard to consider that from the time the first living organism appeared, each generation has successfully reproduced for eons, culminating in you. And now you (presumably) aren't going to do the same, ending the line there. This isn't a knock on y'all, just something I think about when I consider offspring and sterility, plus you know the whole snip snip in my loins. Ughhh I shudder when I think of someone poking into my sac.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    it's a gut reaction is all. i get the same thing whenever you and CS talk about it. like, intellectually, i know you guys are fine with it, but my soul is screaming "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE HEY REMEMBER ALL THE KIDS IN YOUR LIFE? THEYRE AWESOME! MAKE ONE JUST LIKE THEM! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE" the whole time so it seeps through a bit.

grats tho CS!
    I guess that makes sense so thanks for explaining your perspective. I just never had any
    “baby fever “ or true desire for kids of my own more than a fleeting “what if” moment so I can’t understand it the way you guys do or others might.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just look at it this way. Many guys want to be fathers.

Now look at all the dead beats. Look at all the guys that run out on their families, deny their kids, etc.

Me? I'd be worse than all of them. At least I'm doing the responsible thing and preventing a child from having to go through that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

But what if your potential offspring is the one that perfects time travel and saves humanity through a series of hilarious events?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

*shrug* my child could have been the next mass genocide black white nationalist

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

grats tho CS!
    I think you have a wildly different experience with kids in general lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Just look at it this way. Many guys want to be fathers.

Now look at all the dead beats. Look at all the guys that run out on their families, deny their kids, etc.

Me? I'd be worse than all of them. At least I'm doing the responsible thing and preventing a child from having to go through that.
    I can see why you'd think that. I go the other way though and think I'll learn from the shit my parents did and do better with my eventual offspring. Not that I really had dead beats tho

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

It's not really a matter of learning from anyone else's mistakes. It's just that everything I want in life doesn't involve having kids. If I were to ever have gotten someone pregnant I'd be like your body your choice, but just know that you're choosing to be a single mom because I don't want nothing to do w/ that shit.

I'm just being straight up. I don't like or want to be around kids in general; but from a responsibility standpoint, I don't even want a dog or a cat, yet alone a kid. I'm not interested in them on multiple fronts

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wtf, you'd turn down a corgi or shiba? C'monnnnn

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Wtf, you'd turn down a corgi or shiba? C'monnnnn

I'll come over and play with yours any time.

I love cats and dogs. I just don't want to be responsible for one. Vet bills, time investment, having to find a pet sitter any time I ever want to go out for more than a day; or if I decide to pick up and go to another country. Then the fact that I'd be getting attached to something with a shit-tier life span.

I'm gonna pass on that

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Hopefully we have working heat by then.
    Did you get any good news about getting the water outta your oil lines? Not a cheap fix at all and I can only imagine the hoops you'd be made to jump through to get it covered by the previous owner or a home warranty if you got one of those.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think you have a wildly different experience with kids in general lol.
    i hang with babies and whatnot sporadically and only really see them at their best. this is not, i know, a realistic picture of what fatherhood would be. but my soul still says "REEEEEEEEE" so i just tell it shut up we don't have money for a baby and anyway i wanna get married first. in the mean-time, i get to be an uncle. couple more years here and the kids will be old enough to actually talk with and man am i gonna be the best uncle.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I really think people forget it's their kids who are doing the dishes and cleaning the house if you train them right. There really is no downside.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I still have the immunity bowl. What dishes, lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i hang with babies and whatnot sporadically and only really see them at their best. this is not, i know, a realistic picture of what fatherhood would be. but my soul still says "REEEEEEEEE" so i just tell it shut up we don't have money for a baby and anyway i wanna get married first. in the mean-time, i get to be an uncle. couple more years here and the kids will be old enough to actually talk with and man am i gonna be the best uncle.
    Ah yeah I've seen the good and the bad from an early age thanks to being an uncle at like 13 lol... and I make sure to hand them back to their parents for the bad. So when I think about having kids I just remember I'd be the parent people would be handing the problem child back to. Also I'm unsure how to raise a child that wont be a shit head in an age where everything is becoming child abuse... except actual child abuse somehow and schools being complete shit

I really think people forget it's their kids who are doing the dishes and cleaning the house if you train them right. There really is no downside.
    Or like a coworker of mine teach them to farm and fish for you on ffxi lol

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast