Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm gonna work on that next thanks guys.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Made it another day.

Really struggled like crazy not to drink tonight. Doctor won't give me my monthly naltrexone shot until my creatinine levels go down a bit. So I had to find all sorts of things to keep my mind occupied until it was past midnight when VA stops selling beer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Good job!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Good job brother. Keep it up. I may do some doctor shopping. Mine won't give me anything.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Good job brother. Keep it up. I may do some doctor shopping. Mine won't give me anything.
    If any doctor isn’t listening to you I do find seeking other options is vital. I went through four primary and three Women’s health doctors in 2 years before I found ones that valued my time and actually listened to me. Don’t be afraid to branch out and even ask friends for recommendations too. While many may not want to go to medication first , I do believe it should be an option if proven successful for similar situations.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    If any doctor isn’t listening to you I do find seeking other options is vital. I went through four primary and three Women’s health doctors in 2 years before I found ones that valued my time and actually listened to me. Don’t be afraid to branch out and even ask friends for recommendations too. While many may not want to go to medication first , I do believe it should be an option if proven successful for similar situations.
    My doctor is really nice and has listened regarding everything BUT the alcohol issue. He said he thinks it's better to do it naturally than involve medication. I disagree because mentally I'm fine but physically not so much. Like, I'm not an OMG I have to drink right when I wake up! type. It's more so right around 5:30PM I get that ball in my throat and a slight headache. After 2-3 drinks I'm great, but that's the problem...I'm great!!! Time for another, and another....you get it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I recently found some old, hole-in-the-wall Mexican takeout place, and it is glorious.

tamale time is the best time

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My doctor is really nice and has listened regarding everything BUT the alcohol issue. He said he thinks it's better to do it naturally than involve medication. I disagree because mentally I'm fine but physically not so much. Like, I'm not an OMG I have to drink right when I wake up! type. It's more so right around 5:30PM I get that ball in my throat and a slight headache. After 2-3 drinks I'm great, but that's the problem...I'm great!!! Time for another, and another....you get it.
    have you explained that? i find my doctors listen more when i explain my reasoning for why i want things done a certain way. i'll straight up say "No, I'd prefer to do it this way, because..." or "No, I think that WOULD help, because..."

i mean, be polite obviously, but your doctor is a professional making well-educated guesses and offering highly trained advice. That doesn't mean he's infallible, and the good ones recognize that you know yourself better than they do.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    have you explained that? i find my doctors listen more when i explain my reasoning for why i want things done a certain way. i'll straight up say "No, I'd prefer to do it this way, because..." or "No, I think that WOULD help, because..."

i mean, be polite obviously, but your doctor is a professional making well-educated guesses and offering highly trained advice. That doesn't mean he's infallible, and the good ones recognize that you know yourself better than they do.
    It's been awhile since my last visit so I'll give him another shot and do similar to how you do. Hopefully I can get the desired result.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Made it another day.

Really struggled like crazy not to drink tonight. Doctor won't give me my monthly naltrexone shot until my creatinine levels go down a bit. So I had to find all sorts of things to keep my mind occupied until it was past midnight when VA stops selling beer.
    Pick up an MMO and start from scratch homie

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Lights hope vanilla wow private server is a blast try that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While the newness of returning to XI is wearing off, it's still fun and super casual. I'll probably never do anything group related, unless it's with BG peeps, but I'm having fun doing missions, farming old stuff for fun, etc. $13/m is less than I spend per week on booze by a long shot and I have been drinking less. I usually will have one monitor with XI on and the other monitor with wrestling, basketball, or something else of interest and it keeps me busy and very entertained.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

you could also pick up tabletop RPGs. they scratch the itch XI left me with; that desire to min/max builds, uncover story elements, and do it all with good peeps. depending on how into it you get, it can be totally free.

maroot is a professional DM, and i play in several of his games (which are not free). if you've never played before, you might not wanna start with a paid game, but you're certainly welcome to sit in on some of our games, see if you might like the hobby in general. and we're looking for players so if it does pique your interest, you'd certainly be welcome.

i'm running/setting up to play six games right now, with one of those wrapping up soon and another on hiatus until next year. one of those groups is in person, the rest are online, and my GF is participating in three of them. my characters are, from highest to lowest level: a barbarian/shifter who is a living embodiment of "curiosity killed the cat, but the cat had more lives," a barbarian/fighter street thug with a heart of gold, a battle dancer/multiclass mishmash who really, really likes fighting and has little patience for much else, a cavalier/crusader who is a promising young cavalry trooper with motivations too complicated to put into a blurb, an oracle cursed by unseen forces who seeks to cure all disease, including death, at any cost, and a young bard (think inspiring storyteller) from the barbarian hordelands just figuring out his calling in life.

Each character thinks about things a different way, so it's fun to pretend to be someone else for a few hours. Plus, tabletops are the roots of the min/max big-dick-big-numbers elements you see in video games, so it's very much possible to do those sorts of shenanigans.

Anyway, if you're curious maroot's got a thread about his games in buy/sell/trade, plus there's the "attacking the darkness" thread in gaming for more general tabletops.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Decide to look thru the scam items near the register that are almost always terrible deal gotcha items at whole foods see this weird looking rice crispy thing. Look it over it's a salted caramel rice crispy treat. What fatty sorcery is this!? Was only like $1.50.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

One of my jobs is a cafe and some of the chefs brought in carne asada tacos for everyone. I was busy upfront so they made a plate for me and made sure no one else took it. The cooks/chefs love me here and first lesson I ever learned working restaurants is make friends with those that prepare your food

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So turns out big wine tourist city near me a couple years started doing a promotion during the winter. You buy the wine passport and it basically gives is a pass for free wine tastings at 17 different wineries/tasting rooms for $70. Given most of the tastings in the in town tasting rooms range $20-30 and the ones at more like $30-40 this is a pretty great deal. Plus includes other things large discounts at local lodgings, free corkage at restaurants, discounts to most the shops, and discounts to local hotsprings/spas and such. Pretty great deal and I plan on wining and dining all weekend on the relatively cheap

If you guys ever up in Sonoma/Napa area in winter and like wine super recommend it. Hell even other months it's pretty just costly (though always deals like 2 for 1s at chamber of commerce)

BG Level

as a couple of you know i live in the Southern Californian town the wildfires are currently making their way towards, mandatory evacuation line just got extended to the houses across the street but not to this side of the street

time to get nice and drunk and play videogames till my eyes bleed and watch the mountains burn while i wait on respawns

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Bored going through my financials after I tossed money into the dumpster trying this crypto currency craze. According to USAA, my other remaining property in CO is now valued at 310k~. Bought it at 192k back in 2010. God bless marijuana lmao.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm doing it BG! I'm writing a book D:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    I'm doing it BG! I'm writing a book D:
    hell yeah