Closed Thread
Page 29 of 158 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Vancouver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s awesome hope you have a good time too !

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so many small wins today. my two favorites:
    - set up email address for job search. [email protected] was not taken. after so many false starts on gmail, I'LL TAKE IT. (and yes I should have a personalized domain but I'll switch to that down the line when shit picks up; I'm not going to pay even google's cheapo $50/yr plan if I don't know I'm going to use it. plus I can just have this one forwarded to my custom domain when I create it down the line) (also I have no idea what my custom domain is going to be yet)
    - take five-year-old laptop out for some coding event this weekend. after more false starts, it prompts me with the password hint AND I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. guessed password on the first try after that. score!!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Putting this here for exposure. Not sure if this is a win or a good deal, but Omaha Steaks is doing a bundle for only $50. The meat alone at a local grocery store would probably be around $40. Thoughts BG? https://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/...ri=/goodness06

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If you math all of that, it's 5.5 lbs of meat for 50 bucks plus shipping.

Not worth it for a bunch of burger meat, 4 steaks and some chicken breasts.

The meat is the only part of it worth buying too. Potatoes au gratin and tartlets?

Omaha Steaks, that shit is always a rip and is the lowest quality beef you can find. Likely barely USDA choice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    If you math all of that, it's 5.5 lbs of meat for 50 bucks plus shipping.

Not worth it for a bunch of burger meat, 4 steaks and some chicken breasts.

The meat is the only part of it worth buying too. Potatoes au gratin and tartlets?

Omaha Steaks, that shit is always a rip and is the lowest quality beef you can find. Likely barely USDA choice.
    And this is why I put it here. Thanks for the reply. Would rather buy another strip loin at $3/lb from my local meat market. Even though it's probably select, cooked in the sous vide and then a quick sear, those steaks are money.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    And this is why I put it here. Thanks for the reply. Would rather buy another strip loin at $3/lb from my local meat market. Even though it's probably select, cooked in the sous vide and then a quick sear, those steaks are money.
    Exactly.

Cheap cuts are the best cuts.

Except for ribeyes, they are worth the money.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Fact. I see deals for them all the time saying things like 83% off. And even ignoring the quality and freezing/shipping at the heavy discounts the average price per lbs is usually terrible unless all of it was filet... except they include much much cheaper meats and other crap. I've never seen a deal that would've been worth it even if they replaced all the chicken, sausage ground beef etc with solid cuts of beef.

Like doing some quick math I can get all of that meat delivered same day by Costco assuming choice for about $35-40 including the upcharge and delivery charge. If I go into the store probably more like $30... could actually upgrade all those steaks to prime and still be cheaper than your linked price. I get sirloin all the time at Costco and even prime is never more than 9 something and the majority of the meats in that deal are stuff that is cheap meats that are like $2-4/lbs

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The owner of one my old garages is a farmer. Couple times a year he'd get one of his head of cattle slaughtered and butchered. Every time he sent me home with a cooler full of meat. Best steak I ever had.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Omaha steaks is like the red lobster of seafood. Overpriced garbage that preys on the ignorant.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Omaha steaks is like the red lobster of seafood. Overpriced garbage that preys on the ignorant.
    Don't you dare slander the cheddar bay biscuits!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Don't you dare slander the cheddar bay biscuits!
    Buy them at the store and never step foot into that shitfest of a restaurant. Their food is fucking disgusting.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

or just make em. I make em like twice a year when I get the itch.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...recipe-1973038

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

They even sell a Red Lobster branded mix for them (like a muffin mix) for like $2, and they're fantastic at home.

https://www.target.com/p/red-lobster...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So after all the bitching maybe something will finally happen

Yesterday a lady came to visit my house, says she was really interested.

Well she asked for a 2nd visit today! and she says she<s thorn between 2 houses, mine and another one

Cross Fingers

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Buy them at the store and never step foot into that shitfest of a restaurant. Their food is fucking disgusting.
    I've been to a few that weren't bad... of course I didn't order any seafood. Just a couple of small things and drinks while I kept asking for more biscuits lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I've been to a few that weren't bad... of course I didn't order any seafood. Just a couple of small things and drinks while I kept asking for more biscuits lol
    Would you like some seafood with your butter?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Would you like some seafood with your butter?
    I actually bring great dishonor to my ancestors by not really liking seafood in general. Believe it or not they have just steaks. Not great but not terrible. Their alcoholic drinks have usually been pretty spot on except the one time me and another guy couldn't even tell if ours had alcohol in it. But after we told our waitress that they came back with probably the strongest long island I've had probably out of spite but was still good

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm calling this a win because I did something today that I'm sure many people wish to do but are scared of the repercussions. Was dealing with a person who's auto insurance lapsed over 39 days ago (this is important) and we haven't received a payment since August. She was mad that I couldn't reinstate the policy. Our company's policy is once the lapse has been 39 days we cannot write the person until they have 6 months continuous coverage.

Person calls corporate to have them do it but corporate monkey (think probably $10/hr worker who doesn't give a shit about their job) tells them since the office is open we can do it for them. When they call they must speak with us in the office before putting the client on the phone. I tell the monkey we can't because they've lapsed more than 39 days and we refuse to do it (if we do write it we receive a binding violation which goes under our record and then the policy cancels in 45 days anyways).

Get a call back from client screaming at me fuck you blah blah I'll sue you click.

I call corporate acting as a client and sort of replay the scenario about the 39 days lapse. Sure enough they say they can do it and all they need is some info. When I told them I'm an agent for the company and they are violating binding authority you could hear the panic in their voice. Told them to kick me up to a supervisor. Ask them WTF are you people doing because 1)you're lying and it's wrong 2)I have to deal with this shit because of your screw ups. Guy went into full blown corporate speak panic mode barely getting two words together he was stuttering so bad.

TL'DR I went nuclear on these corporate assholes who lie to people because they don't have to face these people face to face. They are a huge reason people hate insurance agents.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kick his ass seabass

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 158 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast