Closed Thread
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Also, we are about to get a tropical storm and I'm hyped. We need the rain and cooler temperature

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I feel like a fucking teenager , getting drunk every night and hitting on guys and girls half my age. Fuck yeah. I may or may not be drunk posting.
    Or drunk texting?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Or drunk texting?
    Already doing that to multiple people lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Years ago I was down in Dallas/FW at Microsoft's performance testing lab with a couple coworkers beating up on some shit software our company was fighting. Last night there, after we were done, our boss flew down and took us out to Trulucks for dinner. Damn if it wasn't one of the best dinner experiences ever, steaks and stone crab were amazing. I don't know if the Austin location is the same, or if they're as good years later, or if it was just the $1200 bar bill clouding my memory but I would suggest making a trip.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I feel like a fucking teenager , getting drunk every night and hitting on guys and girls half my age. Fuck yeah. I may or may not be drunk posting.
    Don't worry about it, just stay healthy and enjoy it as much as you can.

Managed to take my first week off in about one and a half years myself and currently, I just enjoy getting slightly drunk on a daily basis and doing whatever the hell I want. Granted, I'm still coaching our trainee from here, but he seems to be holding up somehow. Either that or he's gotten better at hiding his failures; guess I'll find out on Monday.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Don't worry about it, just stay healthy and enjoy it as much as you can.

Managed to take my first week off in about one and a half years myself and currently, I just enjoy getting slightly drunk on a daily basis and doing whatever the hell I want. Granted, I'm still coaching our trainee from here, but he seems to be holding up somehow. Either that or he's gotten better at hiding his failures; guess I'll find out on Monday.
    I'm definitely living it up and enjoying it , even if my body reminds me in the morning I'm not as young as I think lol. But not one hangover , little dehydrated in the early hours but usually lifers by 10/11am here. It helps that everywhere I've gone has been so friendly and nice and have had no issues talking to or meeting people. It's been good for my self confidence too

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm definitely living it up and enjoying it , even if my body reminds me in the morning I'm not as young as I think lol. But not one hangover , little dehydrated in the early hours but usually lifers by 10/11am here. It helps that everywhere I've gone has been so friendly and nice and have had no issues talking to or meeting people. It's been good for my self confidence too
    Texan hospitality is not a myth.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I seriously have been blown away at how much I've loved staying here. My headquarters is here and there's so much growth I wouldn't mind moving in a year or two.

I'm so used to everyone being so guarded and angry in California where I'm greeted and smiled at constantly here and people actually want to be friendly. It's been a nice breath of fresh air but the humidity can bite me lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Get out before hurricane swings by and blows you away homie

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Get out before hurricane swings by and blows you away homie
    Haha we were talking about that earlier. I'm closer to Dallas/Plano and fly out tomorrow afternoon around 430CST so hopefully should be ok.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I lived in San Antonio for two months and I fucking loved it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm so used to everyone being so guarded and angry in California where
    Fuck you I'm not angry you are!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Fuck you I'm not angry you are!
    I rest my case

But really it's kind of a culture shock and not in the way I expected I admit. It's been really awesome on pretty much every level outside the humidity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So not sure how but replacing my bike tire has made my ride a lot less bumpy lol. Which is weird because it started feeling that way after last crash so figured I'd just bent the wheel itself a little. Guy also greased the chain which somehow has made it move a lot more smoothly than it has in a year despite doing it myself a few times

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I lived in DFW for 8 years, and the humidity isn't half as bad as San Antonio. Fucking Houston is the worst.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I lived in DFW for 8 years, and the humidity isn't half as bad as San Antonio. Fucking Houston is the worst.
    Will second this. Was in DFW for 2 years, roughly the same heat as Houston in summer, but drastically less humidity. The hospitality thing is b/c you're a visitor. Living here you'll find a lot of it is actually kind of insulting.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Grew up in DFW and left for New England for my undergrad. Ended up coming back for work and then grad school because it really is that great. Just stay in the cities. The passive-aggressive cowboy pleasantville nonsense becomes prevalent very quickly outside of the metropolitan areas. Even then at least people aren't ever mean to your face.

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My wife and I decided to list our house and find a place a little further outside the cities. First time home sellers, but still. Within a few hours of listing already had 2 people in a bidding war. Both above asking price.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Grew up in DFW and left for New England for my undergrad. Ended up coming back for work and then grad school because it really is that great. Just stay in the cities. The passive-aggressive cowboy pleasantville nonsense becomes prevalent very quickly outside of the metropolitan areas. Even then at least people aren't ever mean to your face.
    This is my experience of Midwestern hospitality. They might talk pleasantly but knives come out as soon as you fail to conform to their expectations. One of the expectations is that you are white.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast