Closed Thread
Page 33 of 158 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So last year got one of those airline credit cards because just signing up saved me $200 off the ticket and yearly fee only $69. Don't really fly enough to really be worth keeping with fee and dealing with points and their changing worth is kind of an annoyance to begin with so go to cancel before fee gets assessed. Call up and to keep me they offer me a $70 credit. Shit I just made a dollar for keeping the card and get to use it for another year lol

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Do it every year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Do it every year.
    That's more or less the plan. If they say no next oh well.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That's more or less the plan. If they say no next oh well.
    Pro tip from a true mon ami, if you had cancelled you'd probably be able to get that card again along with the sign up bonus in two years.

two years is a while to wait but for cards like chase sapphire preferred etc, those bonuses can be anywhere from $500-$800 in value. Throw in a chase marriott card and chase united explorer, both of which have huge sign up bonuses and you are absolutely styling. If you have a wife or girlfriend have them do the same. You can transfer chase ultimate reward points to either your hotel or airline or both. You can also transfer marriott points between the two of you for free. Airlines usually not so generous with point transfers but it doesn't matter since you can each book your own flight. Your targets are 180k total Marriott Points (that's 4 nights at any category 9 and they throw in 5th night free) and 60k (sometimes way less depending on when you book) United points each.

at that point you are looking at multi-thousand dollar vacations every two years for fuckin free.

we've done 5 nights in Paris and 5 nights in London at Category 9 hotels with round trip air, all for free. its absurd.

Cancel the cards before the annual fee hits. In the off years use Chase Freedom cards (no annual fee) for daily spending, 1.5% back on every purchase, noobs will use these points as a 1:1 statement credit BUT you can transfer those credits to Chase Ultimate Rewards once you re-open a sapphire card where they have like 2.5x the value.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit son you got this stuff down lol. Thanks man

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Shit son you got this stuff down lol. Thanks man
    lol I've really refined it over the last few years. I also hella edited the post since your reply so you might want to take another look.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

cmon you can do better than 1.5% no annual fee

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    lol I've really refined it over the last few years. I also hella edited the post since your reply so you might want to take another look.
    Gunna have to copy that shit down. Think I've actually been getting offers for some of those so might as well. Though you did say United which is kind of ewww. But I have the Chase southwest card which I assume works similarly? Guess have a little reading to do. Never thought to get multiple credit cards from the same company for bonuses lol

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Pro tip from a true mon ami, if you had cancelled you'd probably be able to get that card again along with the sign up bonus in two years.

two years is a while to wait but for cards like chase sapphire preferred etc, those bonuses can be anywhere from $500-$800 in value. Throw in a chase marriott card and chase united explorer, both of which have huge sign up bonuses and you are absolutely styling. If you have a wife or girlfriend have them do the same. You can transfer chase ultimate reward points to either your hotel or airline or both. You can also transfer marriott points between the two of you for free. Airlines usually not so generous with point transfers but it doesn't matter since you can each book your own flight. Your targets are 180k total Marriott Points (that's 4 nights at any category 9 and they throw in 5th night free) and 60k (sometimes way less depending on when you book) United points each.

at that point you are looking at multi-thousand dollar vacations every two years for fuckin free.

we've done 5 nights in Paris and 5 nights in London at Category 9 hotels with round trip air, all for free. its absurd.

Cancel the cards before the annual fee hits. In the off years use Chase Freedom cards (no annual fee) for daily spending, 1.5% back on every purchase, noobs will use these points as a 1:1 statement credit BUT you can transfer those credits to Chase Ultimate Rewards once you re-open a sapphire card where they have like 2.5x the value.
    This guy fucks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This guy fucks.
    Laughed out loud at my desk at work because of this. Got strange looks from a few people. It's definitely not something I can explain to them haha.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Random Win IRL Fuck Ya Thread: BG moved out of the basement and got jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    cmon you can do better than 1.5% no annual fee
    Not that transfers to Chase Ultimate Rewards

Obviously there are better cards but my example was strictly Chase cards and rewards

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

CSR is a quality card. I use that as mah day to day.

I churn for miles carefully.

I picked American Airlines last time. Got 2 cards each for GF and I, 130k miles each for paying our rent.

Gonna hit up Tokyo for free in business class next winter.

Next airline is gonna be Delta. At our current rate of 1.5 international trip a year, we can basically never pay to fly overseas again thanks to the 24 month rule on all these cards.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got 2 cards each for GF and I, 130k miles each for paying our rent.
    Lucky. My rent is terrible and just recently added paying by card. First thing I thought when they did add it is yay a bunch of points/cash back and yeah they charge like 5% or something ridiculous to use card

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Yeah you'd better check your credit card surcharge on paying rent bro

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lucky. My rent is terrible and just recently added paying by card. First thing I thought when they did add it is yay a bunch of points/cash back and yeah they charge like 5% or something ridiculous to use card
    Just think of it as extra miles/points. We only use the CC once to hit our minimum spend and then it goes back into the pile. The derived benefit eclipses the extra 40-50 bucks that they charge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just think of it as extra miles/points. We only use the CC once to hit our minimum spend and then it goes back into the pile. The derived benefit eclipses the extra 40-50 bucks that they charge.
    I do look at it that way. The problem is it 100% costed more than it would've gotten me. Like I aint never seen anyone charge that much to use a card

edit: fuck it went to look it up to see if it's changed and it seems like they've just completely removed the option lol. Guess no one was using it at their exorbitant rates

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I do look at it that way. The problem is it 100% costed more than it would've gotten me. Like I aint never seen anyone charge that much to use a card

edit: fuck it went to look it up to see if it's changed and it seems like they've just completely removed the option lol. Guess no one was using it at their exorbitant rates
    My property management company charges $45 to use their online portal to pay by credit card. Fuck that, they can keep getting a paper check each month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    My property management company charges $45 to use their online portal to pay by credit card. Fuck that, they can keep getting a paper check each month.
    Oh fuck paper checks lol. Luckily they still let me pay online via checking/savings account without fee

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh fuck paper checks lol. Luckily they still let me pay online via checking/savings account without fee
    Samesies. There is a stupidly large fee at my rental offices website for paying with a credit card as well. Electronic check is not charged any additional fee though.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

When our apartment complex got taken over again a few months ago, they wanted us to sign up to pay rent online. Unfortunately the link they gave us doesn't give us a sign up option. Only to log in. Still haven't been able to set up an account yet.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 158 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast