Closed Thread
Page 35 of 158 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Super nice customer that sometimes brings in treats came in today. I don't even care she was 10 minutes early got more yummy cake lol

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've successfully bamboozled my wife.

We listen to chill hits throughout the house while doing housework, cleaning, hanging pictures etc. I've gradually been adding more and more instrumental only music and she became hooked on an instrumental pop covers playlist. After the last song was entirely piano I told her I'm feeling like a piano only playlist. She's been enjoying it.

It's 8hrs of final fantasy.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

lol that's awesome

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Except now I'm recognizing some boss fights and I'm getting anxious lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

We listen to chill hits throughout the house while doing housework, cleaning, hanging pictures etc. I've gradually been adding more and more instrumental only music and she became hooked on an instrumental pop covers playlist. After the last song was entirely piano I told her I'm feeling like a piano only playlist. She's been enjoying it.

Close the thread boys. He's done it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Except now I'm recognizing some boss fights and I'm getting anxious lol.
    Start playing Kuja's theme when she comes in.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Mother of god...well done sir. Well done. No one will top this for quite some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Play Sanctuary of Zi'Tah so much that she asks you what it's from, get her hooked on FFXI in 2018, the ultimate Bamboozle

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The intro/loading screen for XI came on I almost had to skip it so I didn't bamboozle myself into downloading the game.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Instrumental pop music jfc I can't get over how much of a win that is. Can we do a donation drive to get this man a trophy?

Best Bamboozle 2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Super nice customer that sometimes brings in treats came in today. I don't even care she was 10 minutes early got more yummy cake lol
    Haha she forgot some stuff so came back with more treats and promises to bring recipes next time

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Amazing lmao!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I have severe anxiety over trying to make sure my kids have as good, if not better, childhood than I did growing up. My childhood was fucking awesome and I don't want them to lose out on theirs.

So I finally got around to us going up the mountains so they could see snow for the first time. They had a blast! My husband even seems up for doing it yearly now.

For me, as an adult, I hate snow, but this was such a huge weight off my shoulders thinking of how great it would be for my kids to play in it.

<3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Review was like the best I could have got in every category. Very interested to see what my respective pay bump is going to be.

Hopefully I am not disappointed, though this place has a ton of opportunity for advancement and they already see me crushing this job like its not a challenge.

I actually have my bosses asking me to pull back on the detail I give our clients so that our client response is more consistent.

Just makes me feel like they should give me more instead of asking me to pull back because cause the rest of our department refuses to learn new products.

And on the other side I have the VP of client services asking me to do projects for her. So... I feel like I am in a good spot right now.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

nice.

idk your job, obv, but for us there's definitely such a thing as too much detail. Customers don't need to know about why XYZ works, just that it does. Telling them why just opens yourself up for time-consuming questions. Time you could spend helping someone else.

There's a fine line you gotta balance. Tell them too little, they need you for shit they could handle if only they knew how. Too much and they consume you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    nice.

idk your job, obv, but for us there's definitely such a thing as too much detail. Customers don't need to know about why XYZ works, just that it does. Telling them why just opens yourself up for time-consuming questions. Time you could spend helping someone else.

There's a fine line you gotta balance. Tell them too little, they need you for shit they could handle if only they knew how. Too much and they consume you.
    This so much not even just with customers really. Sometimes you really do need to give as much detail as possible but a lot of times less is more. Giving extra information just causes all kinds of problems from making it harder to keep the important stuff to giving them things they wonder about or don't like or can use against you in some way later on etc.

So here's a funny win. Several months ago boss bought new comp and had me try to set it up and I started to but couldn't get on the network because old IT guy hadn't given us the right info. By the time I got it from him my workload had ramped up so much and had so much rework to do so often hadn't really had time to do this. So boss actually hires an IT guy... and part way thru doing it he's like um did you hire someone else first cause looks like someone did most the work already and did a pretty good job too. He was so relieved to hear that we had someone here that knew how to google problems and wouldn't call asking how to turn on the computer lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God I forgot how much I love flying out of my local airport instead of sfo. Only 6 miles away security so fast they don't even let you thru until an hour before flight and complimentary wine. I mean it was cheap meh stuff but enough to get a small buzz as a watched the sun rise.

On a sour note I was up early enough to watch the sun rise in flight so gunna be a long day

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    God I forgot how much I love flying out of my local airport instead of sfo. Only 6 miles away security so fast they don't even let you thru until an hour before flight and complimentary wine. I mean it was cheap meh stuff but enough to get a small buzz as a watched the sun rise.

On a sour note I was up early enough to watch the sun rise in flight so gunna be a long day
    OAK? SJC? STS?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

finally saw The Room

in the realm of fail/win... this fits securely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    OAK? SJC? STS?
    Sts. They also let you check a case of wine for free. Only Alaska though.

Yay sister got a really nice place for us to stay literally around the corner from Roscoes. We keep randomly smelling waffles all the time. Going for breakfast there and some random high as fuck guy starting threatening us including the kids which is bad but then he saw me and was nice and flu g me a real pretty guy lol

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 158 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast