Closed Thread
Page 39 of 158 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    On call is 24/7 support, pager and cell phone.
    Wait pagers still exist? And you are suppose to have one on you while carrying a cell phone?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait pagers still exist? And you are suppose to have one on you while carrying a cell phone?
    Well of course, you can<t call with a pager duh

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Speaking of jobs, got laterally promoted to a staff position! Meaning a regular 9-5, Mon-Fri, and holidays off. I no longer have to work by the whim of the SecDef and follow him around 24/7. Dude has absolutely no personal life, little family, and is married to his damn job. So 70-80 hour work weeks were the norm and not the exception.

Fuck yeah!
    nice dude, congrats on the much improved work schedule

Yeah, feel bad for him if he was salaried and not hourly.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

he made coin and still does I'm sure, one of the more affluent and prominently employed members here; still, we all deserve more time off from our hamster wheels

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Certain secure areas won't allow phones, but will allow pagers since you can't record anything or take pictures with a pager.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Certain secure areas won't allow phones, but will allow pagers since you can't record anything or take pictures with a pager.
    Pager is linked to our phone as a backup in most cases. If I leave a pager duty (accessible by phone and laptop) alert un-acknowledged for 5 minutes then it pages the pager.

Pager is also linked to our tech support voicemail box, any message left marked priority will send an alert out to the pager.

When I'm on call I carry my work bag with me anywhere I go, If I get paged on the road I can just pull over and turn my cell phone into a hotspot and work on the laptop in my car via VPN. Not ideal, but in a pinch, it works.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Yeah but he said pager and phone together not when phone away... and at home. Also I've worked in secure places like that before and usually it wasn't phones that were banned so much as any device that could record or data be written to so super old school shit was allowed sometimes

I guess the whole back up thing works... but shit have 2 phones then

Well, shit, I gave my notice and my current job countered beating the offer with an additional 10k to base salary, 10k signing bonus and a change in role to match what I was leaving for. Then I let the other company know and now they're countering the counter. At this point I feel like a whore but it feels good to be wanted. Not sure what I want to do yet

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Take the better one.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Well, shit, I gave my notice and my current job countered beating the offer with an additional 10k to base salary, 10k signing bonus and a change in role to match what I was leaving for. Then I let the other company know and now they're countering the counter. At this point I feel like a whore but it feels good to be wanted. Not sure what I want to do yet
    That rules, fuck bitches get money

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Take the better one and move on.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

fuck yeah fam

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Despite being out sick the last 3 days, only two open IT tickets assigned to me, one of which was a purchase I began last week. Shit actually got done without the place burning to the ground in the process.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally getting around to trying to get rid of my pile of change and fuck all the coinstar like things here are charging a good 10% and they all in super markets only offering basically store credit. Fuck that shit. So been talking a bag of change in with me when I go shopping and pouring parts of it into self checkout. Still counts it for me and over the last week have gotten ride of like $30 of mostly small change and even managed to line things up to get some quarters back for laundry lol. Suck your 10%!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Finally getting around to trying to get rid of my pile of change and fuck all the coinstar like things here are charging a good 10% and they all in super markets only offering basically store credit. Fuck that shit. So been talking a bag of change in with me when I go shopping and pouring parts of it into self checkout. Still counts it for me and over the last week have gotten ride of like $30 of mostly small change and even managed to line things up to get some quarters back for laundry lol. Suck your 10%!
    My credit union has a machine inside their branches with zero charge.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Also the last time I used coinstar if you got a gift certificate it didn't charge you any fee. I think I got an Amazon gift card last time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My credit union has a machine inside their branches with zero charge.
    My credit union doesn't have a branch within a couple hundreds miles of me...

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Also the last time I used coinstar if you got a gift certificate it didn't charge you any fee. I think I got an Amazon gift card last time.
    Can look again but last I saw it still did. Might be a California thing since I know I had a no fee option when I used them in Washington.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The safeways near us don’t charge the 10% if you get a gift card. It’s been a while since I used one though.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Roll them and bring them to a bank. That's what I did before we moved. I had about $380 in change.

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 158 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast